Photo

Quarab Registries

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mmfarabian

mmfarabian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

I was doing a search for the Quarab registry and found ouot there are a couple of things going on! it seems there is a United Quarab registry and International Quarab registry. Which one do most people use and why? Does one have better registration perks?

Cathy
Cathy
My heart is in my horses, my horses are in my heart.

#2 Mystic Rose

Mystic Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

Interesting question- I have a 1/2 QH 1/2 arab due next year- the first by my stallion. I had been starting to think about researching double registering the foal. Did anyone have an opinion or experience with these registries? Or about the value of doing this sort of double registry?

Jennifer Whittaker
http://www.MysticRoseArabians.com or find us on FB under Mystic Rose Arabians
Home of: Summer Saga+ (Massar El Sabbah x Summer Savannah) - proven high mileage endurance stallion and SHIH Champion.
SHN Payback Nominated, SCID and CA negative.  Sire of Regional Champions in Endurance/SHIH/SHUS and winning open dressage horses!

#3 mmfarabian

mmfarabian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I was doing a search for the Quarab registry and found ouot there are a couple of things going on! it seems there is a United Quarab registry and International Quarab registry. Which one do most people use and why? Does one have better registration perks?

Cathy

The International one is the one that had registration forms. No one has advised on the best way to go, so I am thinking that it is the international quarab reg.
Cathy

#4 Morability Ranch

Morability Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

The International one is the one that had registration forms. No one has advised on the best way to go, so I am thinking that it is the international quarab reg.

*** The Quarter horse mare owners that used my Arabian stallion used the International Quarab registry thats the application I have filled out but I don't know much more than that about the Quarab registry differences. I always double register my Morab foals that have a Arabian parent , if they are out of 2 Morab parents then they can only be registered as Morabs, not sure if they hold their own shows or not but they do offer incentives to register the horses as Quarabs according to the mare owners I have dealt with.
Kym Cooper
My Facebook My link

#5 mmfarabian

mmfarabian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:38 AM

*** The Quarter horse mare owners that used my Arabian stallion used the International Quarab registry thats the application I have filled out but I don't know much more than that about the Quarab registry differences. I always double register my Morab foals that have a Arabian parent , if they are out of 2 Morab parents then they can only be registered as Morabs, not sure if they hold their own shows or not but they do offer incentives to register the horses as Quarabs according to the mare owners I have dealt with.

Thanks Kym! That is what I needed to know!
Cathy
Cathy