Photo

Please tell me all you can about my mare.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brochi88

Brochi88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

Ive always loved Arabians but I never got into the bloodlines. So, Im really in the dark on all that. What can you tell me about my mare?
Here is her pedigree
http://www.allbreedp...ra lydia marufa
Thank you!

Bey Jeweled, BA Jhewels Jhubilee

#2 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

I see Babson egyptian on top, polish and something on the bottom (I am never sure what the Aswan line was but someone will tell us)

#3 aurorawind

aurorawind

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

In this case Aswan is Russian...LOL
Some info on El Kasaka from those who breed the lines...
http://www.hrarabian...m/elkasaka.html
http://www.sturgeonc... Horses REV.htm

Joanne
JOANNE OGDEN
AURORA WIND ARABIANS
NEW HOME OF THE RUSSIAN HERITAGE FOUNDATION

Posted Image

North American Agents for
Massai Ibn Marenga (Mirokan X Marenga by Menes)
Owned by Darius Arabians

PROUD TO STAND

PINNICOL (PRINCIP X NICKOLE LTD BY PONOMAREV)
AABSOLUT (PRINCIP X AMARILLA PR BY MARYK)
SELKET PATRIOTIK (PATTRONE X MAGKETA BY MAG)
PRISZM (PRUSSIA MG X PAVAN BY MUSCAT)
SUNDANTZ (MIZSAH X LITTLE GABRIELLE BY SIR FERZON)

Aurora Wind Arabians and the Russian Heritage Foundation

#4 Brochi88

Brochi88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

Wow thank you. So How do you know? lol

#5 silvershadow

silvershadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

you know, dang, after typing 2 paragraphs I hit the wrong tab and deleated my reply before I posted....

ok much shorter version Silverfire damline tremendous all the way to your mares dam. All known for producing in England and for top breeders here in North America. Your mare's dam is also special in that she is bred Polish V fashion having an excellent horse (Good old Bask) at top and bottom of pedigree with excellent horses in between and that great damline of course! Beauty and powerful were bred to be.

For the sire, he has linebreeding to Fadl on the top 3/4 of pedigree indicate motion and beauty due to Fadl and his sire Ibn Rabdan. Serr Maariner comes to mind as the most popular of Fadl motion breeding through Serr Mariner. A side note that there's a cool little black stallion in US doing well in sport horse dressage that shows how well this line keeps going. Little horses though from what I know which is limited. The bottom 1/4 is bred again for motion. The mare Sarah is a blip that I certainly would not have had reproduce, but her blood speaks for her instead and her dam Rahma was made from alot of old motion horse lines. Funny to me in that she reminds me of the mare named Co-ed at Cal Poly in the US. Co-ed was not pretty and it took a coupld of crosses to produce a good baby. Ya gotta know how to breed past that mismatch look and I would not have a clue!

Anyhow, not a cross that I would imagine, but if it works for ya! I would not worry about Strains on this mare, she is bred for structure from all over the place. With pretty head and eye I can only assume!

Got pictures?

Raye Anne
Home of Purebreds Horizonne, Zapateros Mysterious Gem, Silver's Legacy and the infamous Ruka
MAF Silver Fire 1981-2010
Goodbye Old Friend & Gallup Hard!
~ All Breeding Stock CA and SCID Clear ~

#6 aurorawind

aurorawind

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Wow thank you. So How do you know? lol

Aswan in this pedigree comes from Patron...Patron is a Russian son of Aswan. Aswan was brought to the Russian stud and incorporated into their program...once in Russia (used in Russia) his offspring are Russian.

If the Russian stud incorporated the blood of Joes cowpony...joes cowpony's offspring would be russian...LOL
Joanne
JOANNE OGDEN
AURORA WIND ARABIANS
NEW HOME OF THE RUSSIAN HERITAGE FOUNDATION

Posted Image

North American Agents for
Massai Ibn Marenga (Mirokan X Marenga by Menes)
Owned by Darius Arabians

PROUD TO STAND

PINNICOL (PRINCIP X NICKOLE LTD BY PONOMAREV)
AABSOLUT (PRINCIP X AMARILLA PR BY MARYK)
SELKET PATRIOTIK (PATTRONE X MAGKETA BY MAG)
PRISZM (PRUSSIA MG X PAVAN BY MUSCAT)
SUNDANTZ (MIZSAH X LITTLE GABRIELLE BY SIR FERZON)

Aurora Wind Arabians and the Russian Heritage Foundation

#7 NadiaKA

NadiaKA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Aswan himself was Egyptian, but his foals were Russian, at least all the ones I can think of? They were exported all over the world, some in utero, and some to Poland where they were used and thus also became Polish.

Nadia
Kakagi Arabians
Straight Russian Arabians
Featuring the offspring of *Nefison (Mag x Nefisa)

#8 Brochi88

Brochi88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

This is my girl. Ive had her since September. Shes been passed around and I don't know much on her. I think she lived in a small corral and just popped out babies. Shes got a good home and lots of attention now so its all good. Im trying to work on getting her into condition as well. She is not very food motivated. :/