Photo

If anyone would like to help Renee(blackpegasusarabians)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
249 replies to this topic

#241 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

maybe..........back board gets paid by the donations/horse and registration papers go to dreamcatcher/she can rehab-train-geld-whatever the horse and find him a new safe home?

#242 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

maybe..........back board gets paid by the donations/horse and registration papers go to dreamcatcher/she can rehab-train-geld-whatever the horse and find him a new safe home?

I would donate towards THAT plan.

Mary

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#243 miriggs

miriggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • Interests:Azraff/Ferzon

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

Actually, I WISH I was beyond words. I saw this coming from the git and that's why I posted how I did. As soon as I saw a certain person's name attached on Facebook I smelled rat and lined out a very reasonable offer, that had the situation been LEGIT, would have been jumped all over. The sad thing is, had the situation been real, and had she done things the way I suggested she could have gotten Zeus back easily. I had private offers of donations that people would have given to ME to pay her bill, but since my help was refused, these donations were not made.

I even sent an e-mail that said, "Something doesn't smell right about this. I've set the bait, let's see if I can catch a rodent."

I'm going to say a couple things that made my red flags go up and since I don't know the person involved I don't know if it was coincidence or not.

First, the offer to collect the money and take it down on an exchange for the horse was met with objections by Donna. Then I hear from 2 different people that Donna will not lien the horse as I told Renee I would, but she denies it on the board. Then Donna talks about how unruly Zeus is, when no one has ever said that before. Re-read all of Donna's posts from the point I got involved and look at them with my suspicious eye.

Renee is her usual, not well organized, no plan self. I don't know if she was deliberately trying to scam money or really was making an honest attempt to get Zeus home, but I knew that the way this was going, it wasn't going to happen. I said in the beginning that if we all gave her a hand up that she would have to stand or fall on her own. Well, there you have it.

I'm disappointed that my thoughts were correct. The only true loser here is Zeus. He's going to be sold with or without his papers and if he goes without, well, it probably won't be great.

Someone mentioned the Addis Auction. There are several problems with that. With no papers, Addis won't accept him into the sale. I bought Marq there for $500, not even enough to cover his previous owner's costs to get him there and entered. Marq and I both got lucky, he and I made a great team and I knew it when I saw him on the stage. HE was the quietest stallion I've ever known, honestly couldn't see a difference when he was gelded. From what I'm hearing about Zeuss, he's not gonna be that way, so may not have Marq's luck.

One of the reasons I offered to get involved was to try to stop all this for Zeuss's sake. While he was here I would have worked with him to make him the nice horse I'd always heard he was and get him ready to sell as a saddle horse. I pretty much figured that somewhere along the line Renee would drop the ball and I'd have to lien Zeuss and sell him on, but I wanted to try and make him a mareketable animal in the mean time. I also planned to contact her father, since the horse was in his name, she couldn't even legally enter into a board agreement with me. I was hoping to be able to get the whole mess straightened out with her dad and either get Zeuss sent home or work with him to get the horse sold to a good home.

Now I see that we're back to square one and Zeuss will go for back board. How unutterably sad.

The smartest thing she could have done was to take you up on the offer. So many of us would have been willing to help in his care and transport had you been the care taker. Actually, when you stepped up is when I decided to - Not be so unwilling to help HER and thought we may actually get the horse home to her.

Hug my favorite Pinto filly. <smile>

DW Paradas Gem & Sammy too

Together forever & forever in my heart.

Mi Reagal Dream, RVA Dream Deelite and TLF Adamas

#244 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:37 AM

Well, this is definitely one time where I hate that I was correct on the outcome. Makes me sad. The people of ABN have such BIG Hearts and willingness to help, it makes me proud to be here. ABN peeps, thank you for that.

For all that just don't get it - Renee has had so many chances - SO MANY. Her dad gave her the best opportunity in the world! He gave her the gift of these beautiful Arabian horses and the means to make them a way of life. Renee didn't do anything to make that happen. I know, as I was there at her dad's place when she lived there, that she made NO effort to take care of these horses then. They had knots in their manes, hadn't been groomed, hooves in bad shape all of the horses were extremely friendly, basically begging for attention to be paid to them. She didn't have a job to speak of and lived right there in front of the barn! She spent very little time with them and she had the time - nothing but TIME. I do not believe that Renee's brand of love is good for any of her horses. I was saddened by what I saw.

I'm not surprised by what has happened and I suspect that whoever mentioned "partying for Hubby's B'day" I think is right on the mark. And if she did have the $150 cash, that is exactly where it went. I have my reasons for believing this to be the truth. And the excuse of waiting for her mom, I really doubt that. But whatever. Now there is the problem of a horse without a permanent home, that will be left to the responsibility of others. Maybe a blessing in disguise for Zeus - I'm going to hope & pray for that.

Kellie, Donna & Pat - you are wonderful people all in your own special ways to try and help this girl and her horse. Too bad she took advantage of your generosity.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#245 deettah

deettah

deettah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

I donated and I will be reversing my donation this morning. I am disgusted beyond words.

Hopeless and devoted to Rose, Akeem, Rosita, Graace and Junior

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#246 Bravissimo

Bravissimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:Driven by A Dream--

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

After that epitaph, I just want to say to Renee--

Get off the CRAP. Stop lying, stealing, cheating, ripping on others stirring up drama for your own gain. And stop feeling sorry for yourself and telling others all about the why you feel so angry at the world. Get yourself in rehab.

Horses won't cure you.

Katherine
Home of:

Eternal Love K, 2010 chestnut filly (KBT Eternal Heat [Desert Heat VF x Eternety/Beythoven MC mare] x B Precious Muscat
B Precious Muscat, 2000 chestnut mare (TR Rugby[*Nariadni] x Mystic Splendour by *Muscat)

#247 giddy34

giddy34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

First, the offer to collect the money and take it down on an exchange for the horse was met with objections by Donna. Then I hear from 2 different people that Donna will not lien the horse as I told Renee I would, but she denies it on the board. Then Donna talks about how unruly Zeus is, when no one has ever said that before. Re-read all of Donna's posts from the point I got involved and look at them with my suspicious eye

That needs to be clarified I thought the deal was that i was meeting you half way when his fees were paid up .. There was no talk of you comming to my house and handing me money by anyone .. Renee never mentioned it to me .. Yes zues has been unruley .. NOt all the time but yes unruley untrained.. and as far as liens go I think im well with in my rights to do so and Im wondering what your angle are you saying that I talked her out of letting zues go up there .. I wanted a board payment and the horse wasnt at any time in danger of being thrown on the streets she needed to just pay her bill ...

.. Paper work will be sorted out prior to his sale .. Im not going to let him go out to just anyone he will be well cared for until he finds a permanent home.. I dont plan to just sell him because I can .. Ive been feeding this horse for well over 12 months and well i plan to make sure he goes to a good home not someone that wants to make money off him and keep getting sold and sold..

Dream catcher I did tell renee that I wouldnt put a lien the horse because i want him to go home ... and well to be honest Ive got no board money nothing from renee in like 12 months there are no other options at this point in time and in fact I have already spoke to dad and there is an arangement being made hopefully . I also said to her that id be suspicious of others wanting to take in a stud at that price you quoted due to bales of hay and shaveings being well over what you quoted you could board him for .. bales of hay are running 65 dollars here and are getitng harder to get ,, square bales 9 bucks ...shaving 250 a tonne , and I also said to her that I was hoping she can get enough money together by the date that was given her which she didnt , plus I gave her an extention and have been waiting for some money since october and that didnt include the october bill when we talked.. Id figure to have a small bill and have some money then a larger one and none ... I spoke to her in october I havent heard from her until I sent the bill out about 3 weeks ago then she questioned me regarding what was on it .. eg wormer and feed.. wanted me to break it down In october she didnt want to pay for a farrier fee at that point told me to hold off getting his feet done so I get stuck with the 40 bucks for that too.. But the 40 bucks was included in her 650.00 I billed her for 612.99... Then she wanted me to put the farrier fees on the march bill .. in which I told her that id also be charging more due to high feed prices at the moment ... I get that you were concerned for zues ,. Hes been on the free board bill now over 12 months if I truely wanted the horse I would have called it in a long time ago .. I thought by now though she could have got him home like she stated when I picked him up he was to go home within a few weeks or a week or two ..... I was even willing to put that money toward the shipment instead of in my pocket just so he could get home.. and jsut write it off .. Im not in the horse selling business but Im not prepared to just run him through some auction where he might end up in mexico or where ever...I will probally have to go to court to get his paper work and Im prepared to do that .. as I told renee it will be costly for her if it comes to that .. Its best settled out of court ...
And since the 612.99 wasnt paid I am now applying all back board for the horse and farrier fees and so on.. since I have had him ... Including the travel fees that it cost me to get him from the last place he was at to the vet facility and then back to my home..

#248 miriggs

miriggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • Interests:Azraff/Ferzon

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

Did Dad even know whats going on with the horse?

DW Paradas Gem & Sammy too

Together forever & forever in my heart.

Mi Reagal Dream, RVA Dream Deelite and TLF Adamas

#249 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:06 AM

actually, it will be expensive for her dad ..... as she has no legal rights to this horse it would seem he is the one now liable for the bills - or the one responsible to get the signed papers to you. I would consider Renee completely out of th epciture now...........except for the money that went to her paypal account.

#250 giddy34

giddy34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

he had an idea , and he isnt puttig any more money towards it she asked him for money yesterday towards it ..