Photo

If anyone would like to help Renee(blackpegasusarabians)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
249 replies to this topic

#11 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, loving, and showing typey, beautiful Arabians with brains, athletic ability and the "in your tent" disposition. Focusing on the Spanish/Egyptian cross using the bloodlines of *El Shaklan, *Sidi-Brahim and Fadjur!!

Music
    Especially " the legendary" Miss Stevie Nicks. She is an angel.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for letting me know what you need :) I'll see what I can come up with to help you out ;)

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion
Aria Regent (*El Nabila B x CF Rosina by JK Amadeus)
7 Chestnut Gelding (now owned by Alexandria Lutje and Robert Massoth)
F A Aliha (Ibn Alih x LDR Spritely Noha by Serenity Nohad) 1991 Chestnut Mare
Marisi Laila (Jango x Shalaylee by Sinizar++) 1984 Chestnut Mare

A mind, as a parachute, functions only when open...

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

Check out the B.E.S.T,. forum

#12 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:21 AM

if you could give us the boarding place's name and address, perhaps money can just be sent right to the stable owner?

#13 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Interests:Topez & Spirit, of course !

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

You are lucky Renee, hope it works out for you and hopefully you will be able to afford to keep him once he gets home.

I have had a Heck of the last 2 years, financially, physically & mentally... but never once came here and mentioned it, ( except my herniated discs ;) ) I am not trying to say anything bad to you or about you, but I guess I am one to bear my own problems and find ways to deal without sharing publicly.

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#14 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

My only issue is that Renee came here and I thought she said that ABN'ers were a pretty bad lot. To come back asking for money is kind of a slap to me and I will not be sending any.
My husband has worked hard for every dime we have and I refuse to give it to anything but the noblest of causes (I have not always been so wise though)

I wish you and your horse only the best and I hope he gets home through the good graces of some of the VERY WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON ABN (the place you did not like not so long ago so please note now how most are so forgiving)

I tried to be nice in that other thread and such but really I just think it is wrong to be 'over ABN" then use it for your own ends. I know Kelly posted and she is an angel....and she is an example of the kind of really good people we have here on ABN who care for nothing but that others get help and assistance when in need.

He is a VERY nice boy, I love him and I hope you get him back. In the future though think before you speak, slow down, take a deep breath!! Then post......and just because a few people have jumped on someones case here or there does not make it a bit chy place, just means people here call em' like they see em'.

You will be in my prayers that you get what you need.
Signature being edited, too large.

#15 Angella

Angella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:59 AM

I can forgive that statement, myself. I remember how much stress I was under when I thought I might lose Ali (to injury, not finances). I also remember how worried I was about the oncoming bill... fearful that even with the RSP's and credit lines/cards I would be unable to pay what was necessary. I can imagine how I would have lashed out if I had received less than supportive responses from people. I have seen her jumped on, imo unnecessarily, by some and can certainly understand how those responses can be more overwhelming than the supportive ones... and I've got probably 20 years life experience on Renee.

#16 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

My only issue is that Renee came here and I thought she said that ABN'ers were a pretty bad lot. To come back asking for money is kind of a slap to me and I will not be sending any.
My husband has worked hard for every dime we have and I refuse to give it to anything but the noblest of causes (I have not always been so wise though)

I wish you and your horse only the best and I hope he gets home through the good graces of some of the VERY WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON ABN (the place you did not like not so long ago so please note now how most are so forgiving)

I tried to be nice in that other thread and such but really I just think it is wrong to be 'over ABN" then use it for your own ends. I know Kelly posted and she is an angel....and she is an example of the kind of really good people we have here on ABN who care for nothing but that others get help and assistance when in need.

He is a VERY nice boy, I love him and I hope you get him back. In the future though think before you speak, slow down, take a deep breath!! Then post......and just because a few people have jumped on someones case here or there does not make it a bit chy place, just means people here call em' like they see em'.

You will be in my prayers that you get what you need.

Very well said.

Call me confused, but I'm at a loss here in understanding what's going on. There is back board that needs to be paid in the tune of $650 or Renee has to turn over the papers. If she gets that paid for by the end of the month (?), she can save up the $550 for transport and pay his board for March? Am I reading this right? Why is there back board if she can afford board? I'm really confused by this.

Good luck - hope he finds his way into Good Times =)

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#17 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

I can forgive that statement, myself. I remember how much stress I was under when I thought I might lose Ali (to injury, not finances). I also remember how worried I was about the oncoming bill... fearful that even with the RSP's and credit lines/cards I would be unable to pay what was necessary. I can imagine how I would have lashed out if I had received less than supportive responses from people. I have seen her jumped on, imo unnecessarily, by some and can certainly understand how those responses can be more overwhelming than the supportive ones... and I've got probably 20 years life experience on Renee.

I do forgive the statement already and I do support people helping her if it is in their hearts....I just wanted to say though that that was not the first time Renee has kind of jumped on ABN and ABN frequenters as a bad place and so all I am saying is while I like Renee, hold no ill will towards her, I myself feel a little hurt that she included everyone in a fell swoop with those other statements instead of just focusing on the actual ones who got onto her case.

And I hope he gets home, whether by her own hand or others helping because I know he saved her life and understand those kinds of attachments.

I just think Renee should think in the future before including a whole board in her views just because some people got on her for things which yes I saw and sometimes I did not agree, and sometimes I did, but overall think that people are just a bit jaded sometimes and while they come across as harsh are actually just fed up. If someone were to get on my case here though I would just focus on that person, not the whole board.

I have pretty much always supported Renee just saying in the future watch how you paint the strokes to include everyone instead of just those involved.
Signature being edited, too large.

#18 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests... Arabian horses being one of the first and foremost in my life. I also enjoy music a great deal, I play classical piano and I love to sing. I have been very into art my whole life, and I like to draw, paint and occasionally sculpt things, usually equine related. Another main interest of mine is photography, which is my current profession. Ask me about my pricing!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

Siiamese, I could get the address and her name, although we all kind of discussed it on Facebook and came to the conclusion it might be better to send it all at once, rather than trickling money to her. If you think it would be better to PM her mailing info to folks, it could be done that way too.

Heather (Lacinda), I am okay with you not wanting to help out, that's your choice. Like I've said I don't ask for help and I didn't in this instance, either. I posted Zeus for sale on Facebook when I posted the topic here, and a lot of people were bummed to see that I was having to sell him. Then, when he didn't sell fast enough, I talked to the barn owner and she and I agreed it would be best if I signed him over. I lamented to my friends on Facebook about losing him because I was sad and people here at home just tend to nod and smile when I talk horses, so I shared my feelings with people who could empathize. Some of those people felt he belongs with me, and started the collection, not me. I'm sure, Heather (ST), that if you had to sell one of your precious boys, you'd post about it to those of us here and probably on Facebook too. That's all I did.

Tam, you've got it right, and I owe backed board because it was a rough Winter for us with my husband's work being seasonal, and she just held on to him and ran a tab. I fully understand it, and if it weren't for the fact she decided she wanted it in full, I would have just paid it myself in two installments. However small it may seem, in my position $650 is a lot to pay all at once without some planning. I can afford to care for my horses, but large lump sums like that aren't easy for me to do at the drop of a hat.

I never lumped ALL ABN'ers into one category, though, just so we're clear. I did say that I had some bad experiences with many, many people on here, and was tired of the cattiness. It is a fairly general statement, but that's because it would be pointless and would take too much time to post each persons user name who has offended me. And I didn't say I was leaving ABN permanently, I was taking a long hiatus, which turned out to not work very well. I just needed time to simmer down a bit, and just focus on enjoying my horses again, without feeling pressured from everyone else to enjoy them in a specific way. One lady said I shouldn't own horses because I don't ride them or train them under saddle, and my horses end up getting killed in neglect situations (I've sold over 10 horses, 2 did die from neglect, but how do you foresee those situations?). That hurts, especially when I am still fighting through the mental trauma of being trampled (I still can't bring myself to lunge a horse). I wish I could ride, I do, but for now I am still content having my horses and loving them. I was tired of being judged for that.

Anyway, I hope that answers the questions and concerns. Either way, I'm getting him back, because I will not let the efforts of those who have already helped me out go to waste. I threw my back out yesterday doing work to raise more money, and will be doing some babysitting this week as well. I hate that I can't pay it all myself, you guys, but once he's back here, he's never leaving again. Another part of what I said in my other post about leaving is that I just really need to keep my horses with me, I'm tired of all the logistics of leasing and the anxiety while they're gone. I have stressed to no end about Zeus from the day he got on the trailer for Texas. This last month has been, by far, the most stressful and grief-filled month I have had in a long time, and I just have to get my boy home where I can see him.

Renée Safholm

Hunts Classic Polish Arabians

Home of Farenhyte (Algomej x Fellana by Bandos)
and Celzeus (Goliat x Candela by Etap)

#19 Angella

Angella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

I do forgive the statement already and I do support people helping her if it is in their hearts....I just wanted to say though that that was not the first time Renee has kind of jumped on ABN and ABN frequenters as a bad place and so all I am saying is while I like Renee, hold no ill will towards her, I myself feel a little hurt that she included everyone in a fell swoop with those other statements instead of just focusing on the actual ones who got onto her case.

And I hope he gets home, whether by her own hand or others helping because I know he saved her life and understand those kinds of attachments.

I just think Renee should think in the future before including a whole board in her views just because some people got on her for things which yes I saw and sometimes I did not agree, and sometimes I did, but overall think that people are just a bit jaded sometimes and while they come across as harsh are actually just fed up. If someone were to get on my case here though I would just focus on that person, not the whole board.

I have pretty much always supported Renee just saying in the future watch how you paint the strokes to include everyone instead of just those involved.

I read that post... I guess I just interpreted it differently than you did. I did think it was aimed solely at those she saw as being overly mean to her, and not everybody.

#20 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Interests:Topez & Spirit, of course !

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

. I'm sure, Heather (ST), that if you had to sell one of your precious boys, you'd post about it to those of us here and probably on Facebook too. That's all I did.

I am, Hero ( the Orphan I raised from the day he was born ) is for sale, so Don't get onto me about that... I just don't whine about it, I just listed him for sale and that's that.

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly