Photo

If anyone would like to help Renee(blackpegasusarabians)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
249 replies to this topic

#1 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

oops i don't know what happened here....?

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#2 SandStone

SandStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Interests:goes without saying = Arabians! I also enjoy art, gardening, cooking, fixing up things, baseball, and my work.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

I'm confused. Didn't she just decide to get out of horses/hang it up/call it quits a few months back? Perhaps I am mixing her up with someone else.

Guess you'll need to fill in the details, who is Zeus, and why is she striving to get him back?

:rolleyes:
"Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire."

SandStone Arabians ~ Black Al Khamsa Arabians
Posted Image

http://www.sandstonearabians.com/
Posted Image

http://www.hiredhanddesign.net/
Posted Image

#3 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

sandstone - I was thinking the same thing (so I glanced at her info here on ABN).
poor horse has been trying to find a new home for several years it seems

and yes, she recently posted that it was time to get out of horses, away from ABN, etc. and was looking for someone to pay off a board bill in return for the horse ( http://forums.arabia..._1 )
it was sounding like toward the end of the last topic someone from here was thinking of taking him to their home/maybe it didn't work out

#4 SandStone

SandStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Interests:goes without saying = Arabians! I also enjoy art, gardening, cooking, fixing up things, baseball, and my work.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

Sorry for not remembering the details.... we have so many members here now, and so many sagas that I can't keep them all straight. Or maybe I'm just getting forgetful in my old age.
"Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire."

SandStone Arabians ~ Black Al Khamsa Arabians
Posted Image

http://www.sandstonearabians.com/
Posted Image

http://www.hiredhanddesign.net/
Posted Image

#5 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests... Arabian horses being one of the first and foremost in my life. I also enjoy music a great deal, I play classical piano and I love to sing. I have been very into art my whole life, and I like to draw, paint and occasionally sculpt things, usually equine related. Another main interest of mine is photography, which is my current profession. Ask me about my pricing!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

Glad to clarify, it has been a very rough few months for me with horses, and with my recent post I do owe you all some sort of an explanation.

With some things that were said to me via PM and under the Ohio rescue topic, I was very disheartened about ABN and the over all Arabian industry/community. Just with how insulting and accusatory people can be, and then to top it all off, it hasn't been just me that has been put in the spot light, I have seen other folks torn to bits on this community and it saddens me. Therefore, I did say I was getting off of ABN for a while. I have found, though, that there are some folks on here that I care to keep in touch with and I'm interested in seeing what others are posting, so in essence, I suppose I'm stuck on ABN! LOL

When I said "getting out" in my topic heading, I meant out of the industry/community aspect of horses. I kind of want to just go back to being a horse owner, rather than being considered as a breeder, per se. Maybe down the road, I may cross my horses, but for now I don't want to breed any foals, and once Zeus is back and my mares are done with their lease situation, my horses won't be going out on lease situations ever again. It has just been a tremendous stress on me to have them gone, and with horses I've sold dying as a result of neglect, I just can't take the thought of selling another.

Yes, I did post Zeus for sale for the amount of my backed board, and here's the story there. I leased Zeus in May 2007 to a woman in Texas. That woman repeatedly denied folks appointments to see Zeus, and breached our contract on several terms. I finally got someone out there to see Zeus to possibly use on her mares, and she called me immediately after leaving and told me that Zeus was in terrible shape and I needed to get him out. She got him out for me, offered to lease him and rehab him herself, in exchange for breeding her two mares for free. Her mares were older, and despite being out with Zeus for a few months, they didn't conceive. The whole time, I was getting quotes for shipping, and trying to save the money for it, but my husband was out of work and I wasn't able to bring him home. In November 2008, she began charging me board at $150 per month, thus the backed board from then until now.

Zeus, my 2001 stallion registered as Celzeus, is pretty special to me. Some of you know that, in 2005, Zeus saved my life when I was attacked and trampled by another stallion I was training. If he hadn't been there, I wouldn't be here to type this. I had to lease him out because I needed to cut back on numbers (at the time, I believe I had 7 horses here) and, though I had most for sale or lease, he was the one people were most interested in. I never wanted to sell him, but at the same time, my husband and I are young, and our financial situation is often unstable. Therefore, most of my horses have always had some sort of price tag, or have been available for lease. The only reason I posted that he needed a home for the price of the board is due to the fact previously stated by Kellie, which is that I refuse to ask other people to pay my bills for me, so I bit the bullet and offered him for sale. The only reason there is any sort of collection going on is due to the overwhelming kindness of the awesome people I know who think that Zeus belongs with me. I didn't ask for help, I posted on Facebook the day that I told the gal who has him that I didn't have the money to pay her, and I couldn't sell him, so we agreed that I should sign him over. I was distraught, and posted that I'd lost him and I was upset, then all of the sudden folks like Kellie were organizing a PayPal account for the cause!

I am still flabbergasted by all of the support from my friends and family, and the gal who has him has generously agreed to give me one more week to get the money to her for his board. It would take me a few, but I will gladly pay folks back if they so desire once I have him back here. Furthermore, as I've stated on Facebook, if I can't get him back I will refund the money. Thanks to those who already helped out, we've gotten most of it together. I have some money in this too, I just wasn't able to get the whole $650 together all at once like she wanted.

I just never ask for help, although given what we're all used to seeing, I feel I should clarify that statement. If I were in a position where I couldn't care for my horses, THEN I would DEFINITELY be on here offering them free to good homes. I don't really think there is any room to question that I do what is best for my horses, though. When I fell on hard times last year, I literally gave away what I've been told was the best horse I've bred, and leased out both of my mares. I did that so I could take proper care of Buddy boy, and the mares are still mine but are well cared for and off my books for the next 15 months or so. I just don't ever like asking for money or other hand-outs from people.

I truly, TRULY appreciate the thoughtful kindness of Kellie and everyone else trying to get Zeus back to CA. I really don't think words could possibly begin to express how grateful I am, honestly. Here are a few pictures of him, and one of us taken while we were waiting for his ride to Texas back in 2007. I hope to have pictures to share of his arrival back in CA very soon!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Renée Safholm

Hunts Classic Polish Arabians

Home of Farenhyte (Algomej x Fellana by Bandos)
and Celzeus (Goliat x Candela by Etap)

#6 caseyf

caseyf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Good Luck..One question though..If you get the board money..Are you going to have the money to have him shipped back to you?? I remember you mentioning that awhile back..Sorry the economy is so rough right now..I hope it improves for everyone.. Good Luck
Casey

#7 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests... Arabian horses being one of the first and foremost in my life. I also enjoy music a great deal, I play classical piano and I love to sing. I have been very into art my whole life, and I like to draw, paint and occasionally sculpt things, usually equine related. Another main interest of mine is photography, which is my current profession. Ask me about my pricing!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

Good question, I did forget to touch on that subject! Kellie was so kind as to find me a much cheaper quote than I had gotten before; $550 compared to at least $800. If it came down to it, I would pay his board there until I had the shipping together, which would only take me until the end of March to do.

Renée Safholm

#8 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

I was wondering the same thing and see it was answered - - the $650 only pays his back board bill. But he will need to stay there for a few more months while you save up for the hauling bill? What will the extra months of board cost? (trying to get an idea how much money will need to be raised overall) and he has a place to go when he gets to California (am thinking there was some issue with that before - but maybe that is solved by now)

Hope the nice horse gets settled soon. He surely is a cute little guy.

#9 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, loving, and showing typey, beautiful Arabians with brains, athletic ability and the "in your tent" disposition. Focusing on the Spanish/Egyptian cross using the bloodlines of *El Shaklan, *Sidi-Brahim and Fadjur!!

Music
    Especially " the legendary" Miss Stevie Nicks. She is an angel.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

How much money is needed to get him back and completely paid for?

Kindly,

Ann

PS He is a BEAUTIFUL boy!!!!!
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion
Aria Regent (*El Nabila B x CF Rosina by JK Amadeus)
7 Chestnut Gelding (now owned by Alexandria Lutje and Robert Massoth)
F A Aliha (Ibn Alih x LDR Spritely Noha by Serenity Nohad) 1991 Chestnut Mare
Marisi Laila (Jango x Shalaylee by Sinizar++) 1984 Chestnut Mare

A mind, as a parachute, functions only when open...

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

Check out the B.E.S.T,. forum

#10 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Siiamese, I really hope to get him back by the end of March. Once his backed board is paid off, I will pay his board until I can get the shipping saved up. The shipping is only $550, which isn't too bad, I'm pretty sure if I bust my butt I can get him home by the end of next month. He will have a place to live up here, and I am able to afford it, so no worries there.

To answer your question, Ann, since my friends and family have stepped up and gotten some of it together already, we've already gotten together just under $400 of the $650 owed in backed board. So, including shipping and the health/coggins paperwork, I think I still need somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 or so. Like I said, though, I should be able to get the shipping together myself by the end of March; mid-April being the latest. Say I pay another month's board in between, which will still be do-able.

Keep in mind, I knew that I couldn't afford to pay her the backed board, and I resigned myself to having to sell or sign him over. I am one who is willing to admit defeat, and I HATE asking for help. I do hope I addressed the concerns expressed here, but feel free to ask whatever, I'm okay with that.

Renée Safholm