Photo

Gdansk son standing in 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 oldridr

oldridr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

breakdansksmall.JPG I wanted to let it be known that the Gdansk son, GW Breakdansk will be standing again this year. See his pedigree at www.allbreedpedigree.com/breakdansk . Foaled in 1984, he's 15H, with the classic *Bask look - bay with four even white socks. He may be the last Gdansk son still available for breeding. "Stimulus" fee, $250 plus mare care or collection and shipping fees. Email me directly at rockin@molalla.net for picture, any questions. I am especially interested in working with owners of older mares, so we can preserve these great older lines.

Thank you for considering him for your wonderful mares.

Darci Brown
Oregon

#2 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

breakdansksmall.JPG I wanted to let it be known that the Gdansk son, GW Breakdansk will be standing again this year. See his pedigree at www.allbreedpedigree.com/breakdansk . Foaled in 1984, he's 15H, with the classic *Bask look - bay with four even white socks. He may be the last Gdansk son still available for breeding. "Stimulus" fee, $250 plus mare care or collection and shipping fees. Email me directly at rockin@molalla.net for picture, any questions. I am especially interested in working with owners of older mares, so we can preserve these great older lines.

Thank you for considering him for your wonderful mares.

Darci Brown
Oregon

Darci,why oh why is he sooo far away????
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#3 oldridr

oldridr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

Darci,why oh why is he sooo far away????

Transported semen is no problem! He learned last season how to be collected, and the vet that does it is just a few miles up the road from me, and at I think it was $275, quite affordable.

#4 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

In So Cal,the last mare I had at the insemination station cost me over $1,200 and no foal in a healthy ,young mare.Super deal though!

Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#5 Katherine

Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

I would still so like to breed my Katrina to your Breakdansk. Love the price. Will have to see what we can figure out. Katherine Whitecotton
Katherine (usually) and Robert Whitecotton

#6 oldridr

oldridr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

In So Cal,the last mare I had at the insemination station cost me over $1,200 and no foal in a healthy ,young mare.Super deal though!

I hear that sort of thing from people, about how costly it is in some parts of the country. Hard for me to imagine, since it's so affordable here. There are two vets in this area, both very good at this, and they have breeding packages of around/under $400 for the mare to come to their facility when she comes into heat, they palpate to track her readiness, then order the semen, breed her, administer hcg, etc. There was a stallion on the east coast that I wanted to breed to a couple of years ago, and his owner couldn't find anyone to even collect him for under $1000. It's mind-boggling to me.

If you're looking at that kind of expense with your vets, shipping the mare starts to look not so expensive.

#7 Katherine

Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

Darci: Where are you in Oregon? For me that might be an option. Bring her to you! Katherine
Katherine (usually) and Robert Whitecotton

#8 oldridr

oldridr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

I would still so like to breed my Katrina to your Breakdansk. Love the price. Will have to see what we can figure out. Katherine Whitecotton

Good morning, Katherine! Yes, and she's one of those old mares that we need to preserve from. Let me know what you decide. Always a good idea to email me directly if you don't get a response from me here right away. I sometimes go months without checking in here. I know, bad girl.

#9 oldridr

oldridr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

Darci: Where are you in Oregon? For me that might be an option. Bring her to you! Katherine

I'm in Molalla, which is about a half hour to fourty five minutes south of Portland. There's a hauler down in California that I use whenever I need to get something coming this direction. Her name is Tammy Mendonca, her farm name is Knight Magic Farm. I highly recommend her, and if you can't find her from what I just gave, I can find her email address and post it. In addition, you may know other haulers.

#10 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

Want a short back,great legs and hip to die for with icing?This is the guy and you can't beat the stud fee!
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image