#1 allanglos

allanglos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

** Important Changes to Sport Horse Payback Program **

First of all, happy 2010 to everyone! The outlook for the Sport Horse Payback Program is bright! We are starting this New Year with a fresh look and a new web address that reflects our Non-Profit status, which also permits us to reactivate our credit card payment buttons. The new web address is:

www.shnpayback.org

Please bookmark the site and pass the word!! Our old website will have a re-direct page to help assist in this transition.

One important change to note: Peggy Ingles, previous Board of Director, turned in her resignation at the end of 2009. The remaining Board of Directors, Laura Wood and Patience Prine-Carr, remain intact and look forward to serving the sport horse world through the Sport Horse Payback Program as we have since the programs inception in 2007. A third Board of Director member will be introduced shortly. We remain dedicated to serving our horse community in an even better, more efficient manner than we have in the past.

Please remember to check our new website frequently for updates and for new stallion listings. Our mailing list was lost and until the list is rebuilt, the newsletters will be put on hold. If you want to be (or were in the past) on our newsletter e-mailing list, please go to our new website, where a button is being added where you can click to be relisted.

Again, we are looking forward to an exciting new year with lots of payback money and fantastic stallions for your selection. Breeding season is upon us! Let the games begin!!
Email me

The Inverted Y
National Champion Anglo Arabians since 1977

www.allanglos.net

#2 pegasus

pegasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

CORRECTION: I resigned my duties as Treasurer, not as a member of the Board of Directors. When I resign from the Board, I will let everyone know.

Currently, the only Directors are Laura & myself.

Peggy Ingles
pegasus44@verizon.net
410-823-5579

#3 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

CORRECTION: I resigned my duties as Treasurer, not as a member of the Board of Directors. When I resign from the Board, I will let everyone know.

Currently, the only Directors are Laura & myself.

Peggy Ingles
pegasus44@verizon.net
410-823-5579

I know I'm missing ya Peggy! Loved working with you right from the start of the SHN Payback thing.

This discrepancy here about who's on the board concerns me as a stallion owner who has donated a breeding to the program. Who exactly is/was/is going to be on the board? How is that determined? Who are the officers as in, Pres, VP, Treasurer, Secretary, etc? What are the checks and balances for the decision making process?

In a nutshell, I guess I just want to know, what is going on here and is the program secure?

Pat Lowe

#4 pegasus

pegasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

I don't know the answers. I have not been privy to Laura's plans as she won't answer my inquiries, and hasn't for some time.

I did receive an email from Laura today saying I have now been voted out by the BOD (?) and replaced. Call me confused!

Here is a link to the State of Md. corporate records showing the Articles of Incorporation (and the Amendment I had to file to get our 501c5 - I signed for Laura as she was in Kuwait already)

http://sdatcert3.res...erSearch_f.aspx

As you can see, there are only 2 Directors named. Same on our application for non-profit status, same as on our '08 tax return. Patience was never formally or legally added.

I have tried to get more Directors added - - having only two is never a good idea. We also needed formal by-laws adopted, naming a true Board and spelling out procedures of operation. Sadly, these suggestions were met with resistance.

I don't understand why a new Web address was necessary. I have offered to transfer the domain to a new Webmaster whenever they were ready.

When I decided that I would resign my duties as Treasurer, I had to close the Paypal account for Payback, as they require a Social Security number to be attached to an account in order to withdraw more than $500/month from it. Paypal told me the Social couldn't be changed, the account would have to be closed. That was why credit card purchases were suspended temporarily, so a new account could be set up and all Paypal buttons re-coded.

Peggy

#5 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

Patience was never formally or legally added.

I have tried to get more Directors added - - having only two is never a good idea. We also needed formal by-laws adopted, naming a true Board and spelling out procedures of operation. Sadly, these suggestions were met with resistance.

I don't understand why a new Web address was necessary. I have offered to transfer the domain to a new Webmaster whenever they were ready.

When I decided that I would resign my duties as Treasurer, I had to close the Paypal account for Payback, as they require a Social Security number to be attached to an account in order to withdraw more than $500/month from it. Paypal told me the Social couldn't be changed, the account would have to be closed. That was why credit card purchases were suspended temporarily, so a new account could be set up and all Paypal buttons re-coded.

Peggy

So let me see if I understand - Patience and Laura voted you out? When did Patience
become a BOD member? The Payback program has been such a success and the only names
ever attached to that success was you and Laura - so the mention of Patience comes
as a surprise to me.
Angelique

Russian Roulett+
http://russianroulett.net/Tribute.html
2003/2004 HOTY Region 2 Jumper
2005 Special Recognition/Ambassador Award
2006 winner of Senior Masters/ Accumulator (twice)
2007 18 Division Championships, 2 reserves 2 open speed wins
2008 retires --- #65 in the Centennial '100' countdown
2011 - retired at Stone Hollow Sport Horses

#6 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:10 AM

So let me see if I understand - Patience and Laura voted you out? When did Patience
become a BOD member? The Payback program has been such a success and the only names
ever attached to that success was you and Laura - so the mention of Patience comes
as a surprise to me.

Exactly

Pat Lowe

#7 arab01

arab01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:My family and Arabian horses!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

????? I don't really understand what is going on but as the owner of several horses by Payback Stallions I want to thank Peggy for all the work she put into the program. It is a wonderful idea and I am sorry if some type of conflict ended her participation in the program.

How exactly does the BOD work?
Kristie Heath Putt
Shenandoah Stables
Evans,Ga

www.shenandoahstables.com

#8 spike25

spike25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:25 AM

Interesting. I wish Peggy the best of luck in her new endevours. She worked very hard to help make Payback a success and whatever she decies to do, it will be a lucky thing to have her.
Will there be any changes in the program?
Beth Thomas
Stone Hollow Sport Horses
Home of National, Regional and Class A Working hunters and sport horses!

#9 allanglos

allanglos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:11 AM

Please, if anyone has any questions, I invite them to contact me at info@shnpayback.org.

It is not appropriate to discuss this here.

I will announce that our new BOD member is Nicole Kinsey. She has a degree from Cal Poly in Animal Science, and balances out the BOD with myself as a H/J person, and Patience as our Dressage expert, by bringing her experience as an endurance rider, and has a lot to offer the SHN Payback program. She also has Aurab/CMK bred Arabians and lives in WA state.

I hope you will welcome her to the program.

Laura
Email me

The Inverted Y
National Champion Anglo Arabians since 1977

www.allanglos.net

#10 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Interests:Topez & Spirit, of course !

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

as a surprise to me.

Ditto.

Peggy do you have a new email addy then ??? Because the only one I have for you is peggy@shnpayback.com

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly