Photo

Maplewood Arabians

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#11 toddy

toddy

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Heidi,
Congrats! You must be so proud!
Patty

Posted Image

Pure Polish Lines, always classic and yet the way to the future. They provide the flexibility to continue a tradition while still being the most important foundation for the modern show horse.

#12 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Awesome Heidi!! Congratulations on a remarkable history and great article!!

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#13 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

Wow, I check in pretty often to see what's new and Pat's thread was a surprise, as was the day Mary Jane called asking if we'd participate! Hardly call ourselves "Heritage" breeders, we've just been around a while and had pretty good luck. There are MANY other breeders more deserving of the recognition, many regulars from this forum.

Jeff, the instructions I was given were to send about thirty photos to the editors. They selected the shots that coordinated with Janey's story. OF COURSE I sent multiple shots of *Erwina and was surprised they didn't use any too. Since she picked up on the story of how we found *Erwina, it would have been appropriate to display her but who knows how they chose the shots. (I sent more than 30 :)).

For certain, this forum and the fellow horsemen I've met because of it, makes breeding more rewarding than at any other time we've been engaged in the endeavor. The ability to learn, share, question - learn, share, question - learn, share, question (not a typo, but underscoring the repeating opportunities) - offers the sense of worldwide community, at our fingertips. Thank you very much to all.

I certainly enjoyed the article and pictures. There is much to be admired in the Maplewood program. Heidi has a great eye and is very disciplined when it comes to bloodline selection. She has very deftly managed to honor the pure Polish Arabian while not being afraid to outcross when appropriate. The Arabian industry is fortunate to have someone with Heidi's commitment and longevity. Thanks also for your reminder that this partnership with the great Arabian horse is supposed to be fun. - John
John Schiewe

#14 JeredJohnson

JeredJohnson

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

I certainly enjoyed the article and pictures. There is much to be admired in the Maplewood program. Heidi has a great eye and is very disciplined when it comes to bloodline selection. She has very deftly managed to honor the pure Polish Arabian while not being afraid to outcross when appropriate. The Arabian industry is fortunate to have someone with Heidi's commitment and longevity. Thanks also for your reminder that this partnership with the great Arabian horse is supposed to be fun. - John

Very well put John, and a BIG congratulations to you Heidi!

For those who have not had a chance to read the article, it is posted to the NEWS page of Heidi's website!

http://www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com
Jered Johnson
Portland, OR

#15 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:31 AM

Very well put John, and a BIG congratulations to you Heidi!

For those who have not had a chance to read the article, it is posted to the NEWS page of Heidi's website!

http://www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. However, the notoriety has gotten overblown. Please note to yourselves - that your breeding endeavors are as important as anyone's. Small breeders, diligently working to cross the best with the best, for the purpose (discipline) they intend, are the most likely to make positive contributions to the Arabian breed. Anyone making claims that they have a special knack for breeding is taking undue credit. It's more like counting cards... you keep track and note carefully and then you PRAY for the luck of the draw.

If you breed long enough, you'll achieve both ends of the spectrum. We've been fortunate to breed good ones - however - I've GIVEN a few away. And it wasn't for lack of pairing up notable parents.

Lesson in all of this, don't give up, do it for the love of the horse and don't take too much credit for what heaven bestowed.

Thanks again to all - may everyone have a safe and productive foaling season.

Heidi
Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#16 Janek

Janek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

Congratulations!!! I really enjoyed the article and always admired Maplewood Arabians breeding program.

"The horse, who is too precious and too beautiful to be ridden, is neither precious nor beautiful. It's simply called an impaired horse by merciful Allah."

old Bedouin proverb