Photo

A Hujnting Pleasure with the Cloudline Hounds in Texas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#11 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

Tom
I am curious of your horses breeding? Kind of hard to tell with all the mud too. Enlighten me please.

Thoroughbred-a former race winner booted off the track by the stewards for being a danger to track personel and competitors, LOL

Tom N
Tom Neese cell# 417 773 0461
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

Founding member : Arabian No Breeders Association

"I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants"-A member of The Coal Valley Hounds after a particularly intense chase last week.

#12 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Tom,

I appreciated the invite to the breakfast, even Marciella asked if I was going to go join on the porch first for more 'tailgating'; but alas, I wasn't dressed well enough, and wimped out.

But should there be a next time...!

I love the pictures! Have you uploaded the ones that I took from your camera, or did they turn out not so good (port) LOL!

Again, it was wonderful to meet you and Blue Duck, next time, I hope to meet Dutch as well. Kiss Ugone for me!

Jen

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Tom,

I appreciated the invite to the breakfast, even Marciella asked if I was going to go join on the porch first for more 'tailgating'; but alas, I wasn't dressed well enough, and wimped out.

But should there be a next time...!

I love the pictures! Have you uploaded the ones that I took from your camera, or did they turn out not so good (port) LOL!

Again, it was wonderful to meet you and Blue Duck, next time, I hope to meet Dutch as well. Kiss Ugone for me!

Jen

great to meet you too.

Having trouble uploading :-(

Tom N
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

"I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants"-A member of The Coal Valley Hounds after a particularly intense chase last week.

#14 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

Fantastic pics, I hope to go hunting one day, it's on my bucket list ;)

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Amer Azhaar
(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

Nile Roze+
(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

www.RozeArabians.com

#15 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Fantastic pics, I hope to go hunting one day, it's on my bucket list ;)

Well then....contact a hunt and GO !

There are many in PA

Tom N
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

#16 DesertSongArabs

DesertSongArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Looks like a great time was had by all. I did some trail riding with friends - the gal borrowed her QH mare to me at the time. There were some jumps on the trails we took - and they asked if I wanted to try. Both ladies were experienced jumpers, had done some cross country eventing, and rode English all the time. Me - well, let's just say the English saddle and I are not yet friends.

So - here I am with this smaller QH mare in Western tack. And I decide it might be fun. First jump - almost gutted myself on the horn. But WOW that mare could fly! After I found my heart and lungs again and made sure I didn't kill myself, off we went to the next jump. This time I was prepared, stood up in my stirrups, kept my hands still, and let the mare do what she did best. It is an incredible feeling and I loved it!! Not too bad for a great mare with a brand new novice-to-jumping rider in the saddle. Now I'm itching to try it again. Wonder if I could get my gelding to jump...hmmm.

Ann

Desert Song Arabians - Home of:
Desperansa - leased for 2012

BAD BeyOBask - my heart horse
Visit us at http://www.desertsongarabians.com

#17 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

LOOKS LIKE GREAT FUN!!! Wish I still had a hunt horse! I would love to go on the Santa Fe hunt -hunted with them in the '80's they were great people.It was in Dec. and there was snow on the ground!! March should be nice!
USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com

#18 racenshow

racenshow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

Oh that does look like a lot of fun!!! I'm not sure my horse could stand up to it, but I'd love to try someday!

#19 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

http://tackoftheday.com/Community.aspx has Hunt coats -- MELTON -- on sale. And Hunt vests. Through tomorrow.
MaryJo

#20 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

http://tackoftheday.com/Community.aspx has Hunt coats -- MELTON -- on sale. And Hunt vests. Through tomorrow.

Thanks !

I just got the coat :-)

Tom N

Oh that does look like a lot of fun!!! I'm not sure my horse could stand up to it, but I'd love to try someday!

Sure it will if

GO !

TomN
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this