Photo

A Hujnting Pleasure with the Cloudline Hounds in Texas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

I'm posting this here because a real hunter IS a pleasure...AND...

I'd like to get some of you "ring people with your huntwer pleasure horses to givre the real thing a try.You DON'T have to jump as there is a second field for non jumpers.

There are hunts all over the country and most welcome guests and people who want to give it a try with open arms.

I would be happy to help anyone locate a hunt near them.

Last weekend we went to Celeste Texas fior the thirty fifth anniversary of ther Cloudline Hounds

Friday was an informal hunt, Sat was formal. Both days were very muddy and rainy LOL Sunday's hunt was cancelled because after two days slogging through the mud the horses were DONE !

Sat night was the hunt ball.

JennyM was a guest of the hunt on Sat and took the above video of a snippet of the hunt she also has some stills I hope she posts here and I'll post some also :-)

Duck is the grey horse with the guy in the raincoat (me) up.
Tom N
Tom Neese cell# 417 773 0461
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

Founding member : Arabian No Breeders Association

"I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants"-A member of The Coal Valley Hounds after a particularly intense chase last week.

#2 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

Oh heck, I just corrupted your personals ad thread! I'll go move it around...

So, this past Saturday, I went and met TomN and Blue Duck at the Cloudline Hunt.

When I left home, it was dry, but clearly I was driving back into the drizzle and rain.

However, the weather did not dampen the spirits of the diehard fox (coyote) hunters:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought it was really cool, Tom Neese had made the 7+ hour trip to hunt in Texas, and I was only 30 miles away.

The boarder of Hixson's was stunned that I was there.

"Are *you* a member of The Hunt??" she asked increduously.

"Why, no, sunshine, I'm a guest!" I replied, less the sunshine part ;)

As a guest, I was invited to drink and ride along in the Tally Ho wagon, a luxe Tahoe, replete with more libations and wonderful company! We drove the roads as the foxhunters galloped through the countryside.

Here is where we caught up to them:

Posted Image

Total enjoyment:
Posted Image
The guy in the truck just couldn't wait on the riders...dork!

Posted Image

Posted Image

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgI9JhJrZU"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bIgI9JhJrZU[/url]

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

What a great time you all must have had. Glad to see other hunts utilizing Outback coats when necessary.
MaryJo

#4 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

What a great time you all must have had. Glad to see other hunts utilizing Outback coats when necessary.

It was a riot !

About an hour and a half after Jenny took the video we were on a run and the huntswoman yelled out, "my horse is done, anyone with horse left ,follow the hounds ! "

Only two appendix Quarter horses, an Arab/Wech pony, and Duck had any gas left, LOL and we went for about another two miles

Tom N
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

"I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants"-A member of The Coal Valley Hounds after a particularly intense chase last week.

#5 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

People have no idea how addicting this is... Please be warned !! Bay and Jurgen are already planing my summer and Lisa is headed out to look at a Selle Francais Filly to join them.... I'm just staying home, put my foot down ! Didn't I.....

quint. 7-17-07 Jump.jpg

#6 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

I hunted Dutch the day before and am waiting for some photos to emailed to me of that
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

#7 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

I hunted Dutch the day before and am waiting for some photos to emailed to me of that

You need to make arrangements to come hunt with Fort Carson and/or Arapahoe. Arapahoe requires a good RUNNING horse.
MaryJo

#8 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

You need to make arrangements to come hunt with Fort Carson and/or Arapahoe. Arapahoe requires a good RUNNING horse.

I probably will this Spring with the Western Challenge series

In March I'm going to Temecula, CA to ride with the Santa Fe Hunt followed by a trail ride in the Temecula wine country the next day

Re running : no problem I have two that LOVE it-and will stay with anyone.

Tom N
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

#9 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Almost every hujnt is followed by a lavish hunt breakfast featuring mountains of food and LOTS of alcohol :-)

It is called a breakfast no matter the time of day.

muudy whipper in
another muddy whip.jpg Col and Mrs Denny, founders of Cloudline Hunt. Col Denny is a retired carreer Marine aviator and a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam. Mrs Denny is a former international Grand Prix jumper rider
]col and mrs denny.jpg

Musd spattered first field master who rode an Arab/Welsh pony.
field master.jpg

Whipper in, Field Master, and Huntswoman
whip field master and huntswoman.jpg
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

#10 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Tom
I am curious of your horses breeding? Kind of hard to tell with all the mud too. Enlighten me please.
Namaste, LunaLisa