Photo

region 17 shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#11 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

By Region 17 pre-show is that the MJ Icebreaker???

I am also trying to find qualifying shows where I can do WP AND SHIH and Dressage...

Hey Renee,

The Region 17 pre-show starts earlier in the week in Red Deer as a pre-lude to the Regional show itself.......usually on Tuesday if I remember correctly.

The Carrot River Valley hosted show in Saskatoon in July is slated to have SH classes including SHIH as well as main ring classes including a full contingent of WP..........but not sure about the Dressage. I will find out and let you know here.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#12 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

Ooooh okay , thanks for clearin that up for me Bob!

I am thinkin for Dressage, I'll likely have to hit Aurora's show....but thats okay too :) I have a few to get out and about this year, and only on butt, so have to go to a few LOL

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#13 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

By Region 17 pre-show is that the MJ Icebreaker???

I am also trying to find qualifying shows where I can do WP AND SHIH and Dressage...

No the pre-show is the show that is the day before regionals. It is a last chance for people to get qualified but most people come qualified and just use it as a warmup for Regionals.

Bob, might just have to come up and see the place.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#14 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

I'm excited to show in Saskatoon! Mostly because it's so close to home, but also because the facility is so nice. Not perfect, but nice. I checked it out during the Paint (HofC) show held there this fall. Saw a few of the CRVAHA girls there at the time checking the place out to. It's in its initial year and some things need changing, but for the most part it was very nice: clean and safe and that's very important to me.

Not much for SH or dressage at our shows in Sk. (yet), but the Alberta shows have them. The nice thing about Regionals is you can attend the pre-show in Red Deer if you need to in order to get qualified. As Marcia said, most people come qualified and use the pre-show as a warm-up, but it's there to help those who need to qualify as well.

I'm so excited for this show season!!!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#15 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

I just got an email confirming the June SAHA show. Meeting was today.

We are having our June show with 4 judges Thur/Fri will include sport horse classes: 2 judges Sat/Sunday 2 shows 2 judges.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#16 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

Oh excellent news :) Hopefully there is enough entries this year!

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#17 overtime

overtime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

Hey there guys! So as some of you know I live in region 6 in Montana but I am 30 miles away from the border, we only have on Class A in the whole state so I got to thinking..

Have looked up the shows in region 17 and here is a list that I could possibly attend. My goal is to hit Sport horse classes with my stallion for SHN qualifications.
So I need shows with those classes for sure that are going to have enough horses to so I can get 3 points. I am hoping to beable to do it in one or two shows. and I would like to do it without having to attend regionals, but if i have to go to the pre show and regionals I can do that
Keep in mind that Moose Jaw is 315 miles Red Deer is 399 and Edmonton is 500 sorry dont know Km!

may 21-24 westerner spring shows 1 and 2 Red Deeer
June 3-6 SHAH Ice Breaker Moose Jaw
June 11-13 aurora summer show Edmonton
July 9 Parkland arabian show Red Deer
August pre show and regionals Red Deer

there is also the the Sask Extravaganza with 2 shows in moose jaw july 2-4 weekend but probably cant get that off

Suggestions on catch handlers too for open probably. Prince is very partial to tall slender men lol

Thanks

I really like the westerner show as it is 2 shows on the same weekend, so more bang for your buck. But I don't think they have sport horse. I could be wrong though, I don't show it, so I never really paid attention.
Aurora does offer it and it is usually a good turn out there. Todd Ereht has a ton that he brings and many other SH trainers are there too.
Regionals usually has a big turn out for the sport horse. It is a great show and you would have a great time if you came.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

#18 Hayward Arabians

Hayward Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Great news on all the Saskatchewan shows - love all the classes available this year - especially the addition of the Sport Horse classes as I'm aiming to take 2 up to Region 17 in that division and needed the qualifications - great to hear I can get those at home :)

I was asking the show committee's these questions this week - guess I shoulda looked here first :)

Who would be interested in an English Trail class at these shows also - I'm looking to show Abby again this year - and we LOVE Trail :)
Tammy Hayward
Hayward Arabians
Stallion Services, Sales, Judging, Clinics/Lessons
Kendal, SK
(306)535-7402
Email: tamhayward@yahoo.com

Home of:

Stallion:

HS Kolors Khemorada (Kolors x Trimphs Twizder) -
Sweepstakes Nominated Sire & SHN Payback Sire

Mares:

Abbanathay (Shamruk x Mishmash)
PL Banner Star (Midnite Stahr x Bannar's Last Hope)
Khrista (Khaeczharb x El Kaylah)
Khaos n Khemotion (HS Kolors Khemorada x Khrista)
Aphrodyte (HS Kolors Khemorada x Abbanathay)
KDS Bears Cover Girl (2005 APHA Mare)

#19 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:57 AM

Prize list is up :)

http://www.region17....gionalShow.html
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#20 mingjayde

mingjayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

This year the Aurora show up in Edmonton will be hosting the Region 6 Sport Horse Championships. We will have a qualifier show that will run in conjunction with our regular Region 17 qualifier and will then host the Region 6 championship classes.

Calgary has also offered to run Region 6 Sport Horse Qualifier classes, which ones I am not sure of.

I know that Aurora will be running Sport Horse Under Saddle, Sport Horse In Hand, and Dressage up to First level for the Region 6 Championship.