Photo

region 17 shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hey there guys! So as some of you know I live in region 6 in Montana but I am 30 miles away from the border, we only have on Class A in the whole state so I got to thinking..

Have looked up the shows in region 17 and here is a list that I could possibly attend. My goal is to hit Sport horse classes with my stallion for SHN qualifications.
So I need shows with those classes for sure that are going to have enough horses to so I can get 3 points. I am hoping to beable to do it in one or two shows. and I would like to do it without having to attend regionals, but if i have to go to the pre show and regionals I can do that
Keep in mind that Moose Jaw is 315 miles Red Deer is 399 and Edmonton is 500 sorry dont know Km!

may 21-24 westerner spring shows 1 and 2 Red Deeer
June 3-6 SHAH Ice Breaker Moose Jaw
June 11-13 aurora summer show Edmonton
July 9 Parkland arabian show Red Deer
August pre show and regionals Red Deer

there is also the the Sask Extravaganza with 2 shows in moose jaw july 2-4 weekend but probably cant get that off

Suggestions on catch handlers too for open probably. Prince is very partial to tall slender men lol

Thanks

Azure Arabians Home of HW Satin Prince

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :
National TT SHN Jackpot filly Satin Daisy

Regional top 5 SHIH mare ,
Scottsdale Top 5 SHIH gelding

www.montanaequineconnections.com

#2 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hey there guys! So as some of you know I live in region 6 in Montana but I am 30 miles away from the border, we only have on Class A in the whole state so I got to thinking..

Have looked up the shows in region 17 and here is a list that I could possibly attend. My goal is to hit Sport horse classes with my stallion for SHN qualifications.
So I need shows with those classes for sure that are going to have enough horses to so I can get 3 points. I am hoping to beable to do it in one or two shows. and I would like to do it without having to attend regionals, but if i have to go to the pre show and regionals I can do that
Keep in mind that Moose Jaw is 315 miles Red Deer is 399 and Edmonton is 500 sorry dont know Km!

may 21-24 westerner spring shows 1 and 2 Red Deeer
June 3-6 SHAH Ice Breaker Moose Jaw
June 11-13 aurora summer show Edmonton
July 9 Parkland arabian show Red Deer
August pre show and regionals Red Deer

there is also the the Sask Extravaganza with 2 shows in moose jaw july 2-4 weekend but probably cant get that off

Suggestions on catch handlers too for open probably. Prince is very partial to tall slender men lol

Thanks

Hey Shauna,

Great to hear you are considering bringing Prince up this way!!! One change to the list you have above, the show prevously held in Moose Jaw on the first weekend of July is now going to be in Saskatoon, Sask, hosted by the CRVAHA. We are going to be having SH classes as well as MR halter and performance classes.

.........I know the perfect handler for your boy.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#3 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

It would be great to have a newcomer at the Moose Jaw (and Saskatoon) shows! We also have a show in MJ in September. They just sent me the updated show list last week. Don't forget, you could also attend Regionals in Red Deer in August and Nationals in Regina :)

http://region17.com/
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#4 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hey Shauna,

Great to hear you are considering bringing Prince up this way!!! One change to the list you have above, the show prevously held in Moose Jaw on the first weekend of July is now going to be in Saskatoon, Sask, hosted by the CRVAHA. We are going to be having SH classes as well as MR halter and performance classes.

.........I know the perfect handler for your boy.

well darn that in MooseJaw was the closest. saskatoon is probably to far away Bob but I am thinking that I will do the Aurora show, Kristine offered to put me up:) HA! hope I make it to the show I would love to show at regionals and Regina, maybe I could at show regionals and then be qualifed for next year at regina;) HMMMM

Shauna

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :

#5 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

well darn that in MooseJaw was the closest. saskatoon is probably to far away Bob but I am thinking that I will do the Aurora show, Kristine offered to put me up:) HA! hope I make it to the show I would love to show at regionals and Regina, maybe I could at show regionals and then be qualifed for next year at regina;) HMMMM

Shauna

Saskatoon is 1.5 hours North of MJ.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#6 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:16 AM

OH I guess I thought it was way up north...
Will have to see if I have the fourth of july weekend off
shauna

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :

#7 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

Moose Jaw is 226 km, or 141 miles from saskatoon, so not too much farther! Saskatoon is in the south central part of sask... not even half way to the top yet :)

So from what I understand the first Moosejaw show in June is 4 chances to qualify over 4 days? I was informed that there will be two shows together, but each show will have two judges working seperately, so will give you 4 oppertunities to qualify in each given class. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, is there going to be Sport Horse at this show?? or any of the sask shows this year?

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#8 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

I noticed in your post that you did not mention Calgary. Calgary is a lot closer to you than Red Deer or Edmonton. I am not sure if they offer sport horse classes but I will find out for you. Alberta has a lot of sport horse interest so I am thinking they do offer some.

BTW our Region 17 pre-show does not offer sport horse classes it has a very limited class list so if you are coming to our Regional show you will need to be qualified at other Class A shows.

Bob, is the show in Saskatoon going to be at the new facility?

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#9 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

By Region 17 pre-show is that the MJ Icebreaker???

I am also trying to find qualifying shows where I can do WP AND SHIH and Dressage...

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#10 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

I noticed in your post that you did not mention Calgary. Calgary is a lot closer to you than Red Deer or Edmonton. I am not sure if they offer sport horse classes but I will find out for you. Alberta has a lot of sport horse interest so I am thinking they do offer some.

BTW our Region 17 pre-show does not offer sport horse classes it has a very limited class list so if you are coming to our Regional show you will need to be qualified at other Class A shows.

Bob, is the show in Saskatoon going to be at the new facility?

Yes it is Marcia, at the new Prairieland Park Ag Centre in Saskatoon.......going to be a great one!!

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net