Photo
- - - - -

Pictures of my paradise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#11 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

Ann,

Your place is beautiful!! I am envious, my 'heaven' is a 4 acre chunk of dirt LOL.

Thank you Heather.......we really like this place a lot. LOL.........all my pens are dry lots :) I used to have a nice 5 acre pasture for Zimu until my husband decided to turn it into a golf driving range...ugh (his passion is golf) ....We also have another 35 acres of open land but, it is not fenced off from the adjacent 80 acre parcel of open land and the perimeter fence is all barbed wire..........not acceptable for horses......so my husband has to get out his "big green toy" and mow all of that down every month or so. We would like to fence the remainder of our property in 4 rail vinyl fencing but, it is going to be costly. Then and only then will I turn horses out there. We have, in the past, leased our land to local cattle ranchers so they can keep it mowed down, but it is a pain because, there is no water spigot out there so, we have to truck water to the cattle. Not to mention the crazy Angus/Limousin (sp) bull that this old timer had that kept tearing down the fence. He was big and he was mean. Called up old Charlie and told him to come get his darned bull. They just got to be too much trouble so we stopped doing that a couple of years ago, so my husband decided to build himself a 9 hole golf course out there. Can you believe that? All these old ranchers out here probably think we are crazy.........LOL! At least I have 15 acres for the horses.

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion
Aria Regent (*El Nabila B x CF Rosina by JK Amadeus)
7 Chestnut Gelding (now owned by Alexandria Lutje and Robert Massoth)
F A Aliha (Ibn Alih x LDR Spritely Noha by Serenity Nohad) 1991 Chestnut Mare
Marisi Laila (Jango x Shalaylee by Sinizar++) 1984 Chestnut Mare

A mind, as a parachute, functions only when open...

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

Check out the B.E.S.T,. forum

#12 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

It's beautiful Ann, but missing something to be perfect. I look into my crystal ball and YES I SEE WHAT'S MISSING. SUNDANCE SID! Crystal ball says he will be there by spring, when it looks like it does now in the pic's. I can't wait for you to post that pic, and the year after that his kids.
Namaste, LunaLisa

#13 Pembroke

Pembroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I am coming to live with you! I am so sick of the cold!

What type of dogs do you have? Look like at least one is a great pyr???

Love Great Pyrs-- got two of my own and love them to death.

#14 SandStone

SandStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

Very beautiful there! Not what I expected to see... "New Mexico" brings to my mind SW desert, cactus, sagebrush, rock, sand.... not at all what you have there! You must live in the northern part of NM? Very beautiful. How much snowfall do you get in the Winter? (right now it is 0 here, colder than ###### frozen over snow up waist high...so anywhere there is no bitter cold and snowfall in the Winter sounds like paradise to me.)
"Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire."

SandStone Arabians ~ Black Al Khamsa Arabians
Posted Image

http://www.sandstonearabians.com/
Posted Image

http://www.hiredhanddesign.net/
Posted Image

#15 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

It's beautiful Ann, but missing something to be perfect. I look into my crystal ball and YES I SEE WHAT'S MISSING. SUNDANCE SID! Crystal ball says he will be there by spring, when it looks like it does now in the pic's. I can't wait for you to post that pic, and the year after that his kids.

Thank you!! That's the plan!!! ;)

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

#16 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I am coming to live with you! I am so sick of the cold!

What type of dogs do you have? Look like at least one is a great pyr???

Love Great Pyrs-- got two of my own and love them to death.

LOL.....we have plenty of room but, it is BRRR cold here in the winter. We are at the 6200 ft elevation. Yes I have 2 purebred Great Pyr's and one that is Great Pyr/Anatolian Shelherd cross........all males and I love them to death too!! The only beef I have is that they are notorious barkers and one is a roamer and an escpe artist........LOL! I have always had Dobes but, they don't do well here in the winter. the Pyr's LOVE the cold and snow. Heck they have a nice barn to sleep in with our senior stallion but, prefer to lay out in the cold, rain, sleet or snow :lol: And.........they are GREAT with the horses. They also keep coyotes and stray dogs from stepping foot on THEIR property!! LOL

We also have a Red Heeler (male) and a Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix (female)

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

#17 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

Very beautiful there! Not what I expected to see... "New Mexico" brings to my mind SW desert, cactus, sagebrush, rock, sand.... not at all what you have there! You must live in the northern part of NM? Very beautiful. How much snowfall do you get in the Winter? (right now it is 0 here, colder than ###### frozen over snow up waist high...so anywhere there is no bitter cold and snowfall in the Winter sounds like paradise to me.)

Thank you.....and this is not what I expected when I moved here from CA either.;) When I thought of NM I thought barren desert.....LOL! Some of it is as you described, especially the western and southern parts of the state, with a few exceptions like Ruidoso and Cloudcroft. No, I actually live in Central NM about 40 miles east of Albuquerque......we are east of the Sandia Mountains in the Estancia Valley. We are at 6200 ft here. We usually get about 15-20 inches of snowfall a year but, the last couple of years have been drier than normal.........but it is very cold for this transplanted CA girl :) Average temps are around 30 degrees during the day and single digits at night. I am not a snow person and when it does snow here I do not drive in it. We can get hammered pretty hard when conditions are right and we have had negative digits for days on end some winters. It is very beautiful in the spring and summer, though, when our lawn is all green and all the trees have leaves. We are very fortunate in that, this area is not known for lots of trees but, we have a total of 132 trees on our property that my husband tends to with loving care so they have grown and matured into some really nice shade trees which is nice in the summer. We have been living on this property for 6 years now. We used to live in Edgewood, which is about 8 miles west of here, closer to the Sandia's, we still have the property but, our old oldest son lives there. Summer temps are usually around 85 to 92 and the heat is very dry. The big beef are the winds here in the valley. March is usually awful with winds sometimes clocking at 60-70 mph!!! I'm afraid I couldn't handle your kind of cold and waist deep snow....that is too much darned snow. You are one tough lady to do all those horse chores in those conditions :). I've been here for 12 years now and still have not acclimated to the winters. My husband and I want to move to AZ..........say Scottsdale anyone??? LOL!

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

#18 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

My daughter is looking at attending NMSU in Las Cruces, I'm hoping to take her out there this spring for a campus visit. I've been to Taos and Sante fe but haven't spend too much time in NM. It looks greener than I thought. If we can lease out our farm/facility and some of the horses I would love to move out there with her.

#19 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

My daughter is looking at attending NMSU in Las Cruces, I'm hoping to take her out there this spring for a campus visit. I've been to Taos and Sante fe but haven't spend too much time in NM. It looks greener than I thought. If we can lease out our farm/facility and some of the horses I would love to move out there with her.

That is really cool!!! Taos is beautiful I've been told :) I have yet to go there. :blush: My husband and I are kind of home bodies. I have been to Santa Fe and I don't get what all the fuss is about.....I mean it's beautiful but, again, too many people for my taste. JMO The reason our property is SO green is because my husband is a fanatic about the lawn.....LOL! He fertilizes, thatches and whatever else he does........LOL!! The sprinkler is also going 24-7 during the spring and summer!

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

#20 Delightful

Delightful

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Ann, your place is beautiful!!!
Heather
Moonlit Ridge Arabians
Proud mom of

Magic Delight AD (*Magic Domino AHS+++// x Delights Joi AD) - 2007 purebred filly
2009 SHN Top Ten PB Sport Horse In Hand Jackpot Fillies

HA Lehazon (Garnizon x Shoaleh) - 1997 purebred mare

Co- mom of WR Princessa (Sir Fames HBV x Lillian) - 2009 purebred filly

In loving memory of Rio Risadda "Clyde" (Rio Lobo x Cheri Risadda) - 1988 purebred gelding

A successful life is not measured by what is accomplished, but by what is overcome to accomplish it.