Photo

The Buckeye Sweepstakes & NSHR District One Championshipse Buckeye Sweepstakes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

The Buckeye Sweepstakes & NSHR District One Championships

For years, this has been the best way to describe this prestigious show which occurs every year in late May in Columbus, Ohio. Earning its name from the buckey tree native to Ohio, the Buckeye has been around since 1963. This show is held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds and draws national caliber horses from throughout the United States and Canada. It ranks as one of the three largest shows in the United States, following the U.S. Nationals and the Scottsdale Show. The Buckeye offers in excess of $50,000 in prize money.

The Buckeye serves as the "proving grounds" for the U.S. Nationals. Winners at the Buckeye are sure to be seen bedecked in garlands at the Nationals. The Buckeye Arabian and Half-Arabian Horse Association is the moving force behind the show which actually began 37 years ago as a small local show avidly supported by legendary Arabian horse trainer and exhibitor, Bob Hart Sr. Bob showed at the Buckeye with his horses going on to win at the Nationals. Soon, others began to travel to Columbus to pit their horses against Bob's. They knew if they could compete with him, they were ready for the Nationals!

There is a comfortable feel about this major U.S. Show. Placed in the heartland of Region 14, the show has a certain friendliness and welcoming atmosphere. In recent years, there has been a fabulous "smorgasbord" of foods offered with a "Progressive Dinner." Spectators and exhibitors are treated to foods provided by the various training stables. Folks can stroll through the barn areas, sampling a variety of food, both American and foreign in nature, then, capping their culinary venture with wonderful, tasty desserts. This evening has become an important part of the "winning" atmosphere at The Buckeye.

Everywhere you look, there is a feeling of excitement when you spot many of the top stables in the country and some of the most talented exhibitors. Horses you have heard about enter the show ring, giving you a glimpse of what it takes to be a national level exhibitor and winner. Smoothly run, with an eye to presenting a totally professional, top-notch horse show, the Buckeye is certainly exhibitor friendly.

If you are looking for a show which is highly competitive, with some of the best horses in the country, some of the top exhibitors, over 250 classes for open, amateur and youth, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, then The Arabian Horse Association's Buckeye is the place to be each May!

The show is always on Memorial Day weekend. The dates for 2009 are May 21-24. This year's show manager is Cindy Clinton. For more information or for a prize list, please call her at 937-962-4336.

#2 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:08 AM

I would love to come some day :) Interesting fact about Bob Hart SR. thanks for sharing !

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#3 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

We are pretty sure we will be going... Lisa is planing on showing LuLu, and I am Taking the ABN mascot Eddie :) Details will follow some day about Eddie .... :) Of course Ozzy or Zoe will go... taking only 3 $$$ :( conserving

#4 SelketLeo

SelketLeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

Any idea when they'll release a prize list?

#5 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

We are pretty sure we will be going... Lisa is planing on showing LuLu, and I am Taking the ABN mascot Eddie :) Details will follow some day about Eddie .... :) Of course Ozzy or Zoe will go... taking only 3 $$$ :( conserving

Will be CHEERING you both on from afar !!!!!!!! :) Pix ????

Do they have Live feed ?

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#6 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

I would be interested in knowing if they have a live feed as well!!! :)

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion
Aria Regent (*El Nabila B x CF Rosina by JK Amadeus)
7 Chestnut Gelding (now owned by Alexandria Lutje and Robert Massoth)
F A Aliha (Ibn Alih x LDR Spritely Noha by Serenity Nohad) 1991 Chestnut Mare
Marisi Laila (Jango x Shalaylee by Sinizar++) 1984 Chestnut Mare

A mind, as a parachute, functions only when open...

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

Check out the B.E.S.T,. forum

#7 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

Last two years Marty has done the feed .. I haven't heard from him in a long time, so who knows :(

#8 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

I hope Marty does the feed, it's a great show to watch!

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#9 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Was the website for Buckeye taken down? I use to be able to find a site with all the forms to go along with it, but cannot find it by googling anymore....

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)

#10 Chelsea

Chelsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

The website is:
http://www.aha14.com/buckeye/

As of now, I'll be there :) Showing WOA Matador+/ in PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR. Definitely trying to improve on our 3rd place finish in the championship from 2009! I had hoped my jr. horse would also go, but we're waiting to see how he does at a show before then since he's still new to this whole showing under saddle thing, haha.

Can't wait!! Last year was my first time attending, and it was a blast! Looks like we've convinced more of my trainer's clients to go this year since we all had such a good time ;)

PA Layla++/ 2016 Canadian National Champion Arabian Hunter Pl AAOTR & Top Ten AATR, 2014 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR; 2016, 2015 & 2014 Canadian National Top Ten SHIH ATH (x 5)

WOA Matador+/ 2013 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR, 2010 US National Top Ten AAOTR

S Just DiMaggio++/ 2016 Canadian National Top Ten in SHIH (x 4) and Training Level ATR, 2010 Canadian National Top Ten Jackpot Colt