Photo

NEW Thread for those who actually ENJOY showing Halter :-)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#1 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

This thread is dedicated to those of us who enjoy showing Halter... share you technics, thoughts, pix, plans etc...

And here's a thought, for those in discussion about showing more "European Style"... why not Attend VEGAS instead of Scottsdale ! IMO, a more intersting show, where they utilize a score card, use foreign judges who may be more accustomed to seeing a less Hard stance, better time of the year ( April VS Feb. ) ...

Personally I'd rather take VEGAS By storm in 2011, than give my hard earned $ to the Scottsdale show...but then that's just me ;)

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#2 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

Heather, can you post the Vegas information? Dates, where, how , what , why lol. Thanks!!!
Signature being edited, too large.

#3 legacy04

legacy04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

(singing) VIVA!!! LAS VEGAS!!!!

Lisa Henry
Legacy Ranch
Dane's Legacy 2004 Bay Azteca Gelding
KH Skye Wizard 2002 Bay Arabian Gelding
Graciella HA 2004 Gray Spanish Arabian Mare
Vaquera 2000 Gray Spanish Arabian Mare

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

:bigemo_harabe_net-100:

#5 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

This thread is dedicated to those of us who enjoy showing Halter... share you technics, thoughts, pix, plans etc...

And here's a thought, for those in discussion about showing more "European Style"... why not Attend VEGAS instead of Scottsdale ! IMO, a more intersting show, where they utilize a score card, use foreign judges who may be more accustomed to seeing a less Hard stance, better time of the year ( April VS Feb. ) ...

Personally I'd rather take VEGAS By storm in 2011, than give my hard earned $ to the Scottsdale show...but then that's just me ;)

I watched part of some European style championships and it was interesting to me. They don't mess around or waste time, though the arena was too small to be showing movement. A good judge should be able to evaluate the quality of a horse quite quickly if it is presented correctly and they know what to look for. I think some of the American judges dog it on purpose so they can blame the scorecared. We enjoy showing our horses both in halter and SHIH. Our view is that if they can't stand up to the competition in SH, they should not be shown as breeding animals at all. I am one of those who puts conformation and movement before pretty, but won't hesitate to show a prettier type horse in halter too.

Sue

#6 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

tom and mini.jpg
\
I'm in.

Halter is my life

Tom N
Tom Neese cell# 417 773 0461
email me
Posted Image
Elmo no believe this

Founding member : Arabian No Breeders Association

"I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants"-A member of The Coal Valley Hounds after a particularly intense chase last week.

#7 PaulaM

PaulaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Heather
Patting you on the back for bringing this subject up. Vegas hopefully - someday! For someone who has loved to show halter from teenager on and now too old to run around the ring - its still my favorite class and still dreaming here. One thing different then when I was younger, I also rode into my later years. My very first big show I ever attended other then state ones. I got to meet all the people who ran that show back then - our icons in this industry really (Gainey, Chauncy's, Lasma, Simms, Brusally, Clays, and many more). They actually gave me the time of explaining classes to me and even breeding classes. It got me pumped for sure and left me with hopes that someday, just maybe, someday, I can have horses like theirs and as good. AND one of the most important thing was they became friends to a very young girl full of question. BUT in all truth, I still would like to see one of my horses shown at Scottsdale (may not be me tho).

#8 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

i love to show halter! unfortunately, due to my work schedule this year, we are only going to show pinto. someday, tho, it would be fun to just schedule all class A shows and see how we do. maybe next year..... i work every other weekend and so some years i show in one club and other years i do a different one.

vegas would be VERY cool. do they have half-arabian classes?

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image

#9 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Heather......you know what? This is actually a really good idea! It is hard for me to get away in February as it is income tax season and my husband and I are income tax professionals (well he is...........I just do everything else associated with the business....phone calls, appointments yada yada, all the administrative duties.....in other words I do most of the work.......:lol:) Anyway, I have heard that the Vegas show is a much more laid back atmosphere than Scottsdale. I have heard nothing but good things about the Vegas show and I like that they DO use the scorecard there :) I won't have anything to show until 2011, anyway, so this sounds like a great plan to me!!! Not knocking Scottsdale folks....it is a great show for sure and I would absolutely love to show there someday!

Kindly,

Ann

tom and mini.jpg
\
I'm in.

Halter is my life

Tom N

ROFLMAO.......I have never commented before but, Tom, you CRACK me up sometimes :lol:. I love the mini......I would like to have one someday that I can do a little driving with. I had a little mini when I was a girl and I drove little Gidget all over the place. It was a BLAST!!

Kindly,

Ann

Heather
Patting you on the back for bringing this subject up. Vegas hopefully - someday! For someone who has loved to show halter from teenager on and now too old to run around the ring - its still my favorite class and still dreaming here. One thing different then when I was younger, I also rode into my later years. My very first big show I ever attended other then state ones. I got to meet all the people who ran that show back then - our icons in this industry really (Gainey, Chauncy's, Lasma, Simms, Brusally, Clays, and many more). They actually gave me the time of explaining classes to me and even breeding classes. It got me pumped for sure and left me with hopes that someday, just maybe, someday, I can have horses like theirs and as good. AND one of the most important thing was they became friends to a very young girl full of question. BUT in all truth, I still would like to see one of my horses shown at Scottsdale (may not be me tho).

Too old to run around the ring........aw come on now Paula...........I'm 53 and I am going to get my old a** out there and run with the best of them!! :lol: It will be so much fun!

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion
Aria Regent (*El Nabila B x CF Rosina by JK Amadeus)
7 Chestnut Gelding (now owned by Alexandria Lutje and Robert Massoth)
F A Aliha (Ibn Alih x LDR Spritely Noha by Serenity Nohad) 1991 Chestnut Mare
Marisi Laila (Jango x Shalaylee by Sinizar++) 1984 Chestnut Mare

A mind, as a parachute, functions only when open...

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

Check out the B.E.S.T,. forum

#10 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

Guess I look dated and passe...would need a lot of help...

1. Get rid of leather chaps
2. Cashmere Jacket, slacks and Berluti Rapiécés Reprisés shoes (total cost $7500.00

Up to date halter... $1750.00

Training fee, $10,000.00

Show fee, $500.00

Trainer commission if lost..$500.00 if won 5000.00

Transportation and stall $4500.00

Farrier--$350.00

Revlon Makeup Artist $750.00

Hairstylist $600.00

then the cost of the horse.... 100,000.00

OR I could continue to look like this and go to a warm climate for the balance of the winter...

Attached Thumbnails

• Kaitaia.jpg

Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone