Photo
- - - - -

January 07, 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodstone

Bloodstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:43 AM

The view between my house and my barn after the blizzard and before the wind has calmed. Air temp is -9, wind chill is -33 and dropping.
Now... I have to find a way to get there from here!
Wish me luck!!
Linda

Image002.jpg
Where Exotic is Common

#2 Dahabi Arabians

Dahabi Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

Oh Linda - you need to move! : )

Sending warm thoughts your way - please be safe. (it is much warmer here . . . only 2 below zero LOL!)

Kindly,
Shannon

Shannon Edney

www.PhotographyByShannon.us

www.MarketYourArabian.com

#3 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

:bigemo_harabe_net-132: YIKES!!!!! I have seen this in movies where people were trying toget thru this kind of snow...makes me ache just looking at it! For what it's worth, nothing last forever!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you

#4 Bloodstone

Bloodstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

Oh Linda - you need to move! : )

Sending warm thoughts your way - please be safe. (it is much warmer here . . . only 2 below zero LOL!)

Kindly,
Shannon

Thanks Shannon! I think I should have invested in snow-shoes a couple of months ago... too late now. Kat told me to wait for her (if she can get here) so we can trudge through this together to get to the barn. If she can't manage to get here, I'm on my own. The things we do for our horses....
I can use all the warm thoughts anyone has to spare!! ;-)
Linda
Where Exotic is Common

#5 equinek9

equinek9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

OOOOHHH Linda!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-132: I wish there was something I could do to help!! Please be careful. By the way, a cardboard box makes a cheap means of transport, especially if the wind has frozen all that snow into that lovely crunchy snowtop stuff....you know what I'm talking about....it looks like little tiny diamonds and feels like it too when you fall through!! Give everyone hugs....talk to you soon...Julie
There are no roadblocks if I go the extra mile

#6 Bloodstone

Bloodstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

:bigemo_harabe_net-132: YIKES!!!!! I have seen this in movies where people were trying toget thru this kind of snow...makes me ache just looking at it! For what it's worth, nothing last forever!!!

LOL... winter in SD can seem like is lasts forever!! Chores still need to be done, though...
Someone once said that nothing is impossible... I ask, then... try dribbling a football.
Two more days of subzero "highs," and then maybe we'll have a break.
Linda
Where Exotic is Common

#7 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

I wish I could come help you but work beacons. Take care of yourself Linda, I mean it.........................sounds pretty tough huh?...ha ha

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#8 Bloodstone

Bloodstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

Thanks Stacy and Julie,
I'm not looking forward to this trek one bit, but it needs to be done. It's not going to get any warmer (warmer, did I just write that and it's -8???) than it is right now, nor is the wind chill going to let up, so it's now or never... and never just isn't an option! I'll be as careful as Mother Nature allows me to be... She's set up quite the challenge. I swear, I need to design a barn that I can live in!!
Warm thoughts everyone... I need warm thoughts! ;-)
Linda
Where Exotic is Common

#9 Ann

Ann

VIP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

Thanks Stacy and Julie,
I'm not looking forward to this trek one bit, but it needs to be done. It's not going to get any warmer (warmer, did I just write that and it's -8???) than it is right now, nor is the wind chill going to let up, so it's now or never... and never just isn't an option! I'll be as careful as Mother Nature allows me to be... She's set up quite the challenge. I swear, I need to design a barn that I can live in!!
Warm thoughts everyone... I need warm thoughts! ;-)
Linda

WOW Linda that is a LOT of snow!!! Sending you warm thoughts as you head out in that mess :bigemo_harabe_net-132:It is snowing here right now but, NOTHING like that!! Be safe :) Shannon is right......you need to move :lol:

Kindly,

Ann
Ashquar Arabians
www.ashquararabians.com
Home of:

Thee Sundance Sid (Thee Desperado x Jfarah Brahim by *Sidi-Brahim) 2003 Chestnut Stallion
NYN Mzimu Elmisri (Sanadik El Shaklan x Zahra Bint El Shaklan by *El Shaklan) 1990 Chestnut Stallion
Aria Regent (*El Nabila B x CF Rosina by JK Amadeus)
7 Chestnut Gelding (now owned by Alexandria Lutje and Robert Massoth)
F A Aliha (Ibn Alih x LDR Spritely Noha by Serenity Nohad) 1991 Chestnut Mare
Marisi Laila (Jango x Shalaylee by Sinizar++) 1984 Chestnut Mare

A mind, as a parachute, functions only when open...

Proud Member of:

Posted Image

Check out the B.E.S.T,. forum

#10 Bloodstone

Bloodstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

WOW Linda that is a LOT of snow!!! Sending you warm thoughts as you head out in that mess :bigemo_harabe_net-132:It is snowing here right now but, NOTHING like that!! Be safe :) Shannon is right......you need to move :lol:

Kindly,

Ann

Thanks Ann! The trip to the barn was over half an hour - the distance is only about a long city block! For the 3 hours I was out of the house, at least an hour of that time was getting to and coming back from the barn!! Everyone is watered, fed, tucked in for another night as we expect actual air temps to hit -30 tonight. The wind chills will be beyond unreal.
I don't know where I would go... SD is home.
Linda
Where Exotic is Common