Photo

Breeding suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zannsons mom

Zannsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

I have a Saddlebred mare that has some major potential. I am wanting to breed her to a arab stud that has the same potential. She is ALMOST perfect, what I need in the stud is :
Refined head and ears (obviously)
upright neck and head
size
motion
No greys, I prefer bay, but will consider anything but grey

I can only justify a $1000 stud fee
Here is a pic, she is bare foot
Im looking to ride in Show pleasure or park.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• my horses 144 001 001_0003-1.jpg

Chardonnay- Saddlebred
Sweet Night ~ Saddlebred gelding

#2 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

Looking at your girl I think she would cross well to AO Breeze. He can add type, improve the neck set, and his three foals have been very large (I handled his 2 yr old daughter at Nationals and she will easily be 16hh when finished- she was already 15.1-15.2). Granted, his foals were out of tall mares, but he added length of leg.

As far as motion goes, I think you would certainly have a hunter pleasure horse on your hands, but its hard to say if the foal would have enough motion to move into the CEP division.
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#3 Zannsons mom

Zannsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

She has PLENTY of neck . The only thing she needs any help with is some refinement on the head. Hunter!!!???? She is an EX PARK horse. No thanks to any stud who might cause me to have a hunter. Her breeding is very strong, they all have big square motion and everyone from the bloodline seems to produce themself!
Chardonnay- Saddlebred

#4 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

Pedigree on your mare?

#5 Zannsons mom

Zannsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Sorry!
Her sire Is BI-MI Sultan's Wine and her dam is BI-MI Magic Steps
Lotsa stonewall and sultan in there.
her dam's full sis was a WC 3 gaited mare!
they are all tall and tend to throw themselves which is a plus since I think she is perfect!
It is also bloodline known to be VERY HOT!
Chardonnay- Saddlebred

#6 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

AO Breeze is a horse that exhibits hunter motion, he hasn't been bred to a saddlebred so its hard to say what would happen. If her lines reproduce her motion, then maybe you'd get a foal with suitability for saddleseat. Thus far he's been bred to mares with hunter motion and that's what he has produced; movement similar to his own and that of the dam.

I think if you really want to breed for extreme motion you should consider English Pleasure and Park horses. The Afire Bey V horses can be very pretty, though typically stud fees for stallions that have sired consistent english horses is a little higher than $1000. You might take a look at Mamage or Bask Afire. If you want to breed for a high quality English horse I would breed to the most proven sire possible and risk spending the extra money.

I had a daughter of a res. national champion park horse out of a regional champion English pleasure NSH mare and she was western, it just so happened that her sire didn't produce the exaggerated motion. Her dam was 16.1 and her sire was 15.2 and she matured to about 14.2. It's hard to produce great english horses consistently, so I would save up and breed to a stallion that readily produces what you are looking for and has a track record of doing so. Best of luck with your mare.
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#7 Zannsons mom

Zannsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have found plenty of NICE horses in my price range due to the economy being bad. Im looking at Gitar. He is the top pic so far, but Im sure that Ill have to move fast! Im not looking to breed the next national winner or anything, just a quality english horse.
Chardonnay- Saddlebred

#8 lkirby

lkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

Magic Aulrab is the Arabian Stallion that you should consider for your SB mare. Look at his thread under the ABN Stallion at Stud Section.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE
When you have gone through fire, you won't fade in the sun!!

#9 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

Magic Aulrab is the Arabian Stallion that you should consider for your SB mare. Look at his thread under the ABN Stallion at Stud Section.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE

Thank you Lorna. I just came across this thread. Gitar would certainly be a good choice but I think you really want to strengthen this horses loin and coupling and I doubt that there are many horses that are better than Magic Aulrab in that area. Add to that his ability to carry weight and trot level on the endurance trail and you have something that is not common with most Arabians. We do offer special considerations to Saddleseat mares and though that was initially intended for purebreds, a good Saddlebred mare would also qualify.

I attached a photo of the only Saddlebred foal we had. He is out of a Sultan My Sultan daughter. Unfortunately he encountered a tough trainer at about 3 years old and died on his property. I also included a photo of Magic Aulrab trotting down the road at an endurance ride. He is not collected and is trying to go through the bit as he saw some other horses ahead but I think you get the idea of what we might have if he was taught collection.

Good luck with your breeding.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

Attached Thumbnails

• MagicandDeniseSquareNail04.jpg

Attached Images

• half_arab_trot.jpg

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#10 Zannsons mom

Zannsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

My mare is Purebred!!!!!!!!!! <_< There are complications at the moment, BUT I will work it out! :D
Chardonnay- Saddlebred