Photo

Am so excited about 2010 foal Crop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 mysteryarabians

mysteryarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

Have been breeding Pintabians for few years now. I love my 99.2% Arabian bred Pintabians. I have always believed in sticking to breeding a 98.43% or up partbred to a purebred Arabian. But this year I did something new. I bred my 98.43% Arabian bred Palomino mare to my Pintabian producer stallion who also is 98.43% Arabian bred. Can't wait to see what they produce together. Focus was to be bred to Sabino stallion in 2009, but with new Law for getting semen into Canada, I decided to go with breeding her to my Pintabian producer. She is due second week in March. Not much longer to wait!!!

Then have Arabian mare that has had three foals with him to date. She is due first week in March. They produce wonderful foals together.

Post pics once all foals are on ground.

And thanks ABN for adding Pintabian section to forum.
Mystery Mountain Pintabians, Arabians & Paints
Home of Pintabian Producer CR Royale Copppersin & APHA stallion GG Colour My World

#2 Scenewatcher

Scenewatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:59 AM

Have been breeding Pintabians for few years now. I love my 99.2% Arabian bred Pintabians. I have always believed in sticking to breeding a 98.43% or up partbred to a purebred Arabian. But this year I did something new. I bred my 98.43% Arabian bred Palomino mare to my Pintabian producer stallion who also is 98.43% Arabian bred. Can't wait to see what they produce together. Focus was to be bred to Sabino stallion in 2009, but with new Law for getting semen into Canada, I decided to go with breeding her to my Pintabian producer. She is due second week in March. Not much longer to wait!!!

Then have Arabian mare that has had three foals with him to date. She is due first week in March. They produce wonderful foals together.

Post pics once all foals are on ground.

And thanks ABN for adding Pintabian section to forum.

Just Curious. If you breed a part Arabian to a part Arabian can they be registered Half Arabian.?

#3 K2 Arabians

K2 Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

[i]

Just Curious. If you breed a part Arabian to a part Arabian can they be registered Half Arabian.?

ARTICLE 1002. REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR DOMESTIC HALF-ARABIAN HORSES

A horse conceived and born in the United States, or Mexico may be registered as a Half-Arabian if the following requirements are met:

1. One parent of the horse is registered as a purebred Arabian Horse with either the Arabian Horse Association or the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry (for imports refer to Article 1006.), and

2. The non-Arabian parent of the horse is not a registered Anglo-Arabian or a registered Thoroughbred or an unregistered purebred Arabian, and

3. The requirements of Article 1008. (42-day Rule), Article 1010 (artificial insemination) and Article 1022 (embryo/oocyte transfer) are met.

4. Alternatively, the horse may be registered in the Half-Arabian Horse Registry if the horse would qualify for registration in the Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry except that it has more than 75% Arabian blood.

5. An application for registration, on the appropriate form provided by the AHA Registry, has been completed, signed by the appropriate recorded owner(s) (or by the person whom the recorded owner(s) has authorized in writing to sign the application) and filed with the AHA Registry.

6. A mule, hinney, or any animal other than a horse is not eligible for registration.

7. If a sire or dam is dual registered with AHA and another breed registry, the Half-Arabian or Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry must use the AHA registration number and recorded ownership information to register a foal. (BOD 1/03)

8. The registration fee for domestic Half-Arabian Horses has been paid.

MISCELLANEOUS

9. Horses registered as Half-Arabians may not hold Arabian papers simultaneously with another registry.

10. Horses registered as purebred Arabians with foreign registries for which AHA registration has been requested will be reviewed for purebred status.

11. If a horse is deemed to be a purebred Arabian through a foreign registry yet meets the AHA criteria as a Half-Arabian, the owner must relinquish the foreign Arabian papers to AHA as a condition of registration.

ARTICLE 1003. REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR DOMESTIC ANGLO-ARABIAN HORSES

A horse conceived and born in the United States, or Mexico may be registered as an Anglo Arabian if the following requirements are met:

1. The horse is a cross between: a purebred Arabian registered with either the Arabian Horse Association or the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry; a purebred Thoroughbred registered with The Jockey Club; or an Anglo-Arabian registered with the Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry.

2. The horse has no less than 25% Arabian blood and no more than 75% Arabian blood. (If the horse has more than 75% Arabian blood, but would otherwise qualify for registration in the Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry, it is eligible for registration in the Half-Arabian Horse Registry.)

3. The horse results from one of the following breeding combinations;

a. Thoroughbred stallion to purebred Arabian mare.

b. Purebred Arabian stallion to Thoroughbred mare.

c. Anglo-Arabian stallion to Anglo-Arabian mare.

d. Purebred Arabian stallion to Anglo-Arabian mare.

e. Anglo-Arabian stallion to purebred Arabian mare.

f. Thoroughbred stallion to Anglo-Arabian mare.

g. Anglo-Arabian stallion to Thoroughbred mare.

4. The requirements of Article 1008. (42-day Rule), Article 1010 (artificial insemination) and Article 1022 (embryo/oocyte transfer) are met.

5. An application for registration, on the appropriate form provided by the AHA Registry, has been completed, signed by the appropriate recorded owner(s) (or by the person whom the recorded owner(s) has authorized in writing to sign the application) and filed with the AHA Registry.

6. A mule, hinney, or any animal other than a horse is not eligible for registration.

7. When a sire or dam is dual registered with AHA and another breed registry, the Half-Arabian or Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry must use the AHA registration number and recorded ownership information to register a foal.

8. The registration fee for domestic Anglo-Arabian Horses has been paid.

Kenna & Robert Burbeck
"Love what you have, make what you love, and you will be successful."

Posted Image

#4 Guest_GLA Performance_*

Guest_GLA Performance_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

ARTICLE 1002. REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR DOMESTIC HALF-ARABIAN HORSES

A horse conceived and born in the United States, or Mexico may be registered as a Half-Arabian if the following requirements are met:

1. One parent of the horse is registered as a purebred Arabian Horse with either the Arabian Horse Association or the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry (for imports refer to Article 1006.), and

2. The non-Arabian parent of the horse is not a registered Anglo-Arabian or a registered Thoroughbred or an unregistered purebred Arabian, and

3. The requirements of Article 1008. (42-day Rule), Article 1010 (artificial insemination) and Article 1022 (embryo/oocyte transfer) are met.

4. Alternatively, the horse may be registered in the Half-Arabian Horse Registry if the horse would qualify for registration in the Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry except that it has more than 75% Arabian blood.

7. If a sire or dam is dual registered with AHA and another breed registry, the Half-Arabian or Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry must use the AHA registration number and recorded ownership information to register a foal. (BOD 1/03)

8. The registration fee for domestic Half-Arabian Horses has been paid.

MISCELLANEOUS

9. Horses registered as Half-Arabians may not hold Arabian papers simultaneously with another registry.

10. Horses registered as purebred Arabians with foreign registries for which AHA registration has been requested will be reviewed for purebred status.

11. If a horse is deemed to be a purebred Arabian through a foreign registry yet meets the AHA criteria as a Half-Arabian, the owner must relinquish the foreign Arabian papers to AHA as a condition of registration.

ARTICLE 1003. REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR DOMESTIC ANGLO-ARABIAN HORSES

A horse conceived and born in the United States, or Mexico may be registered as an Anglo Arabian if the following requirements are met:

1. The horse is a cross between: a purebred Arabian registered with either the Arabian Horse Association or the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry; a purebred Thoroughbred registered with The Jockey Club; or an Anglo-Arabian registered with the Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry.

2. The horse has no less than 25% Arabian blood and no more than 75% Arabian blood. (If the horse has more than 75% Arabian blood, but would otherwise qualify for registration in the Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry, it is eligible for registration in the Half-Arabian Horse Registry.)

3. The horse results from one of the following breeding combinations;

a. Thoroughbred stallion to purebred Arabian mare.

b. Purebred Arabian stallion to Thoroughbred mare.

c. Anglo-Arabian stallion to Anglo-Arabian mare.

d. Purebred Arabian stallion to Anglo-Arabian mare.

e. Anglo-Arabian stallion to purebred Arabian mare.

f. Thoroughbred stallion to Anglo-Arabian mare.

g. Anglo-Arabian stallion to Thoroughbred mare.

4. The requirements of Article 1008. (42-day Rule), Article 1010 (artificial insemination) and Article 1022 (embryo/oocyte transfer) are met.

7. When a sire or dam is dual registered with AHA and another breed registry, the Half-Arabian or Anglo-Arabian Horse Registry must use the AHA registration number and recorded ownership information to register a foal.

8. The registration fee for domestic Anglo-Arabian Horses has been paid.

That's really good information to know. I'm really glad you posted that. I mean I'm always looking through rule books but sometimes with all the fine print and pages, you forget stuff.

#5 pjpasture

pjpasture

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!Posted Image
Jeanna
PJ Arabians

#6 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:30 PM

Can't wait to see pics! No foals for me this year :( But hopefully 2011 will have a big colorful foal crop.
Let us know when you are ready to add a little Flair to your barn.

Becca Taylor
Flairpark Pintabians & Arabians

http://www.flairpark.com

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#7 mysteryarabians

mysteryarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

CW Focus On Gold's foal will be PtHa (Pinto) And hope to get her foal hardship registered with PHRI as Pintabian producer if foal has pattern.
http://www.pintabian...ry.com/phri.cfm

No foals yet.

Now only have two foals due. My Arabian mare in foal lost the foal at some point.
Mystery Mountain Pintabians, Arabians & Paints
Home of Pintabian Producer CR Royale Copppersin & APHA stallion GG Colour My World