Photo

ASIL Sporthorse Awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:25 AM

I am passing the word for Treff-Haven Arabians and Centennial Asil Arabians in hopes of getting some of you to come :) There is prize money to be awarded to the top-placing Asil and Asil-sired purebreds and half-Arabians in Sport Horse Divisions at this year's Arkansas Victory Challenge. I believe this is the 4th year going and you don't have to win the class to get the money, you simply have to be the highest placed Asil / Asil-sired horse. What a great benefit! Let's see if we can't get some Asil's/Egyptian/Al-Khamsa blood back into the show ring. See attached flyer or email me if you'd like to be on the mailing list for future announcements like this: Email me at kt19992000@comcast.net.

Attached Files

#2 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

I'd love to go and take Cav and his two AK sons I have... darn the fact that its too far away. What a great idea!
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#3 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:30 AM

I'd love to go and take Cav and his two AK sons I have... darn the fact that its too far away. What a great idea!

We wish you could too. Love him :)

HOWEVER, the show has been cancelled so they are looking for a new venue in which to present these awards this year. If anyone has any ideas please post them here or email me. They don't want to see these awards and recognitions go to waste because that show fell through. I'll post when new venue has been established.
Apologies to those who already had plans to attend.

#4 MFArabians

MFArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

hello,

The Green Country Arabian Horse Assocation Spring Classic is in May. There is a thread in the Reg 9 forum.
And here is the web link http://www.gcaha.org/arabian_shows.htm

Deb

#5 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

hello,

The Green Country Arabian Horse Assocation Spring Classic is in May. There is a thread in the Reg 9 forum.
And here is the web link http://www.gcaha.org/arabian_shows.htm

Deb

Thanks - I'm going to see them today so will let them know. I'd much rather it be there, too. I'm only 1.5 hours from there.

#6 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Well, just wanted to give a vague update on this matter. They are thinking the best chance of getting a good Asil showing is to bring the awards to a Texas show. They are concerned that AR/OK just don't have the breeders / competitors that exist in Texas. I'll post when they have actually decided, but am thinking it's a pretty solid "no" to any shows in OK...much to my dismay :bigemo_harabe_net-102:

#7 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

I was wrong about the previous post :th_party0046: They are looking again to present these awards somewhere in Region 9 and when I told them how many SH classes were at the Tulsa State Fair, they seemed pretty interested! Regardless, I'm still not showing actively so am kind of out of the loop in regards to good shows that have decent SH classes. They would like to be able to present these awards this year as they don't want the incentive to fall by the wayside. Treff-Haven and Centennial are long-standing and knowledgable breeders who are trying to get Asil and Asil-sired performance horses back in the ring competing like they used to years ago.
Any takers? I'm gonna cross post this to see what's out there <_<

#8 Breanne

Breanne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

I was wrong about the previous post :th_party0046: They are looking again to present these awards somewhere in Region 9 and when I told them how many SH classes were at the Tulsa State Fair, they seemed pretty interested! Regardless, I'm still not showing actively so am kind of out of the loop in regards to good shows that have decent SH classes. They would like to be able to present these awards this year as they don't want the incentive to fall by the wayside. Treff-Haven and Centennial are long-standing and knowledgable breeders who are trying to get Asil and Asil-sired performance horses back in the ring competing like they used to years ago.
Any takers? I'm gonna cross post this to see what's out there <_<

The Arkansas Club is trying to bring back a rated show for next May. I will start a new thread for this but I am looking for people to email me in support for this. I will take the emails to the board of directors on July 31. Please email me with your support for a class A show in Texarkana for May 2011 to Breanneanglen@gmail.com. YOU WILL NOT BE COMMITTING TO ATTENDING THE SHOW BUT YOU ARE IN SUPPORT FOR THE ARKANSAS ARABIAN HORSE CLUB TO HOLD A SHOW 2 WEEKS AFTER MAYFEST.

THANK YOU!!

#9 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

Bumping this up in preparation for this year's Asil Awards to be presented again a the Arkansas Victory Challenge! The flyer is in the making. I'll post it when I get the approval. Would love to have people come to the show even if not for the awards.

#10 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Here's the flyer. Feel free to print it out or forward it on to anyone you might know is interested.

Attached Thumbnails

• Asil Awards 2012 - FB.gif