Photo

Davenport Arabians

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

He is beautiful Christine! He reminds me alot of my friends stallion down in Texas except hers is a grey.

Lovely!!!

Carrie

New pictures of

PERSONIC LF AHR*551760 13 May 1998 Chestnut Stallion
Out Of: PERSEPHONE CF AHR*338559 by REGENCY CF AHR*236068
Sired By: IBN DON CARLOS AHR*455568
This time, he had a bath!

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#62 Pembroke

Pembroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

hmmmmm Crazy Arabians OMG what is she doing just sitting there shouldn't she be running?????

Seriously Christine as usual another fantastic photo of fantastic horses.

I really really like the looks of the gelding Mai, have any pictures of the filly that is also sired by Indie Star?

#63 TousCrins

TousCrins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hi Laura,

It was very difficult because all 3 were in a very small dusty enclosure. Often they were running together with ears down, trying to avoid each other, were too close, or in too much dust. Got good ones of Raisuli but not the girls. I will need to go back one of these days.

Both have the sire's nice rear end and smooth topline.

Christine

#64 Phanilah

Phanilah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Check out the Aug/Sept AHA magazine for an article on the Davenports (beginning on page 84).

http://modernarabianhorse.epubxpress.com/?site=1

We need to make sure to thank the magazine for running it - along with the Babson article from the June/July issue. ;)

Beth
si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes

#65 Pembroke

Pembroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:52 AM

here are a few pictures of Mystic Uf ( they are lousey because they are ones I took myself<g>)
he is the Davenport stallion mentioned in the article in the Modern Arabian Mag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Danena

Danena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

here is a picture of my daughters mare she is a straight Davenport mare who is 20 yrs old and unfortunately has Cushings
CA BRIAR ROSE
1987 GM by DIOMEDE and out of ANACANE she is a Kuhaylan Haifi
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I had a half sister to CA Briar Rose. Her sire was Diomede. Her dam was Star Beshara (a Haltan daughter) Diomede and Haltan were half brothers by Prince Hal. She was the best horse I have ever owned and I have been in horses a very long time. She was almost 23 years old and had me the most wonderful foal. Sadly we had to put her down due to a old injury that flared up very badly and caused her to be in extreme pain. That was the hardest thing I have ever done. My only regret is that I wasn't able to breed her back to a Davenport. She was only 3/4 Davenport but you couldn't tell. Eveyone that every met her just fell in love with her. I had her for 19 years.
I am looking for a couple of pictures of the Davenports that are in her bloodlines.
Antan
Cressida
Dixie
Decibel
Dhanad
Dharanad
Dharantez
Lady Grey
If anyone happens to have any of these.
You can see CA Naadirah on our website. She has her very own page. You can see some of the foals she had for us over the years.
I recently sold a mare named Scarlett Rose she is a straight Davenport and her new owners called me today to tell me she had a little filly Friday May 23,2008. We are trying to get more Davenports in Missouri.
Thanks Danena

#67 Pembroke

Pembroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

Antan/Tankersley

Posted Image

Lady Grey
Posted Image