Photo
- - - - -

Boxer puppy pictures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 horsendane

horsendane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

Here are a few pictures of Sarge, our 5 month old Boxer. He's out of Nantess Boxers in Illinois. He isn't registered because he's white, which is very unfortuante but that is what the 'reputable' breeders do when they get white...don't want them in their history no matter how nice conformationally they turn out. I've been told by a few boxer breeders that show in my area that he is amazingly perfect conformationally...if only the registry would accept the white ones. :( He does hear as well. Anyway, he's going into lose his 'manly brains' here in a few weeks. lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

what a face! i just love boxers, but have never had one.

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image

#3 Morability Ranch

Morability Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

I love your Boxer ,I have always liked the white ones and it is to bad that it is not accepted. I just became a new Boxer mom 2 weeks ago to 3 month old Brindle female I named Bryndi, I adopted her from the Humane Society, she is a parvo survivor. I just love her personality and everyone I know that has Boxers or have owned one before say they are great dogs. Here is a picture of my new baby girl
Kym Cooper
My Facebook My link

#4 DesertSongArabs

DesertSongArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

WOW is he cute!!!!!! Just love him Dane - what an adorable face!

Ann

Desert Song Arabians - Home of:
Desperansa - leased for 2012

BAD BeyOBask - my heart horse
Visit us at http://www.desertsongarabians.com

#5 horsendane

horsendane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the compliments, Sarge is tons of fun!

Ann... he has Roscoe's personality, just with a lot more energy right now. lol

Sheila... anytime you want some play time with him just holler! LOL He's a blast but a handful. Wouldn't trade him for the world though. :)

Morability... What a precious face!! Have you had boxers before? They are very high energy as pups. They do settle down once they hit about 3 or 4 depending on the dog. I had a Great Dane that had gotten Parvo. Scary stuff!!! He ended up with grand mal (sp?) seizures because of the Parvo according to our vet. Not all can or will get the seizures but just watch for it. Duke's didn't show up till he was almost 2. Many are just fine when they recover. Wish you were closer then we could have boxer puppy play dates! There aren't too many in my area that are pups anymore. The closest puppy to Sarge's size we've found is a rottie and a bloodhound mix but they are a bit older.

#6 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for the compliments, Sarge is tons of fun!

Ann... he has Roscoe's personality, just with a lot more energy right now. lol

Sheila... anytime you want some play time with him just holler! LOL He's a blast but a handful. Wouldn't trade him for the world though. :)

Morability... What a precious face!! Have you had boxers before? They are very high energy as pups. They do settle down once they hit about 3 or 4 depending on the dog. I had a Great Dane that had gotten Parvo. Scary stuff!!! He ended up with grand mal (sp?) seizures because of the Parvo according to our vet. Not all can or will get the seizures but just watch for it. Duke's didn't show up till he was almost 2. Many are just fine when they recover. Wish you were closer then we could have boxer puppy play dates! There aren't too many in my area that are pups anymore. The closest puppy to Sarge's size we've found is a rottie and a bloodhound mix but they are a bit older.

Cute puppies! I love Boxers,

Horsedane, how do Boxers compare to Great Danes as far as personality, energy level, etc. We have had a couple Danes and while I love the gentle giants their shorter life expectancy is hard on us, especially my husband. We lost our last one at 7 and our current one is 6 and he is doing fine but showing his age. We've talked about maybe getting a boxer next time, although my daughter and I fell in love with a couple boston terriers at a show this summer. Hopefully we will have Miles for years to come but I do like to make informed decisions.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0077.JPG

#7 SandStone

SandStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Cute Boxer! I've had a boxer my entire life - well up to a year ago. My last one, Homer lived to be 12.

Back 10 years ago, nearly all Boxer breeders destroyed the white pups. It was unspeakable to let them survive as a breeder. They bred for flash, and unfortunately many pups ended up being white.

I've owned 3 Great Danes as well. They are totally different than Boxers. Nothing to compare other than the fawn color, black mask, short hair. Personalities are totally different. (my Danes were laid back, quiet souls - and yes with short life spans.) The Boxer is like you see in her photos, until they are about 5 or 6... puppy all the way! Rascals, full of it! Great with children. Good watch dogs. Big eaters, great beggers!

Boxers are prone to cancer and heart disease. They also can develop hyperplaisia in the gum tissue in the mouth which causes rotten breath and teeth problems/ and later heart disease.

Great dogs! Here is my last Boxer, Homer.
"Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire."

SandStone Arabians ~ Black Al Khamsa Arabians
Posted Image

http://www.sandstonearabians.com/
Posted Image

http://www.hiredhanddesign.net/
Posted Image

#8 Morability Ranch

Morability Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

I've owned 3 Great Danes as well. They are totally different than Boxers. Nothing to compare other than the fawn color, black mask, short hair.

I find it strange that those of us on here that own Boxers also have Danes or have owned them. I too have a black Dane that came from the same shelter I just got my Boxer from. The Dane who is now 11 months old is calm and quiet while Bryndi the boxer is like the energizer bunny and is a complete pig at meal time. Actually I am a first time owner to both a Boxer and Dane, my previous breeds I owned in the past were Saint Bernards, Mastiffs and German Shepherds. I also currently own a Airdale and that one is my husbands dog.
Kym Cooper
My Facebook My link

#9 horsendane

horsendane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:43 AM

The biggest difference I've experienced between the danes and boxers, besides the size. Is yes the boxers tend to have more energy longer, but we now don't have to deal with anything 'low' like the kitchen table, coffee table, etc being cleared off with one swipe of a tail. LOL They drool about the same, if you don't like drooling...don't get a large lipped dog. However with the boxers I don't have to keep a rag in my back pocket either. Both breeds are awesome family dogs, though I'd trust a boxer with a smaller kid over a great dane (puppies btw not adults), just due to size and really not realizing how big they are. My youngest Branden had his lip busted open a few times by the danes we had, they would accidently knock him over as a toddler.

Both breeds have their medical issues. Thyroid, Cancer and Cardiomyopathy are most common in boxers, getting a pup from an excellent breeder makes all the difference sometimes. I did lose a 2 yr old boxer to kidney failure though as well (was a fluke thing according to the vet).

Again both breeds are wonderful with everyone/everything. They are what I consider the best family dogs that there are out there. They both will protect and scare off strangers if needed, but yet be loving and accepting to strangers that you let in. If people would be able to get past the size and the 'mean' expressions, they would know that they are just big goofballs.

If you prefer big dog breeds, stay away from the little dogs. At least with my experience. I love my Chihuahua but they are sooo much different than a big dog. Never again will we get a small dog! Bigger the better for me! LOL

Sandstone- sorry to hear about your Boxer. We had to put our old guy down right after Christmas last year, he was 12 also. Cancer had taken his eyesight and was overtaking the rest of his body.

#10 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

My husband had boxers growing up and loved them. The only ones I've been around have been older than 5 and seemed relatively calm. I love the laid back nature of Danes but their size can cause problems, especially when they insist on sleeping wiht you!