Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a camera.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Windy Creek

Windy Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Do your parents want to adopt a middle aged woman? Lucky girl. I don't know much about Canons I don't think you can go wrong with either Canon or Nikon, They are both very similar and both good cameras. I know right now there are some really good package deals out there. You can get the body with a basic 50mm lens and usually a zoom - 200 mm for a couple hundred more. That covers most of your basics and you are good to go.

Congrats on your graduation! Where did you go and what is your degree in?

Thanks. I finished my BSBA in Management at East Carolina University, the school I started at in 1988. Hey I was on the 20 year plan vs. 4 yr. I have both a Canon SLR and my first SLR was a Nikon, which I still have. I haven't had much time the past 3 years for anything and I'm excited to get back in to it. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely come back and post once I have my new D-SLR in hand. :D
________________________________________________________________________________________
Angie Williby
Windy Creek Arabians

#32 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Thanks. I finished my BSBA in Management at East Carolina University, the school I started at in 1988. Hey I was on the 20 year plan vs. 4 yr. I have both a Canon SLR and my first SLR was a Nikon, which I still have. I haven't had much time the past 3 years for anything and I'm excited to get back in to it. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely come back and post once I have my new D-SLR in hand. :D

Hey, from one BSBA in Management to another (and I was on the 6 year plan over 18 years ago) So I am thinking we might be around the same age :) If you still have any lenses from either of your older cameras you might want to see if they will work with the new one. Mine did and it's nice to have the extras. I've had mine for less than 9 months and I love it. I've actually joined an online photography school and might go back and take a couple classes. Keep us posted on what you get! and how you like it.

#33 Kandie

Kandie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

In the next month or so I will be selling my Camera. Canon Rebel XTI with all the fun toys (Except my extra battery and cards)

I am planning on stepping up to my Level up camera of my dreams. a Canon 50D
http://www.usa.canon...9&modelid=17499

I will also be purchasing some faster glass and a 55-400mm lens and a 500 Prime.

If anyone is interested I would love to offer my kit to someone in need for a very reasonable price.

Stone Creek Arabians..Home to..
Dawn Patrol DCA - Radar
Renegade Spirit DCA - Rennie
TR Supergirl - Gigi
Elvis Press Lee - Elvis
Faerie Masquerade - Fae

Stone Creek Photography

Making memories of a Lifetime, Last a Lifetime

Find Stone Creek Photography on Facebook!

#34 Gogetter

Gogetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

I just received a Canon Digital Rebel XSI with an additional 55-250 telephoto lense for Christmas :D
Got some fun shots of the various hummingbirds who frequent our feeder this time of year (lucky us!) And one shot of the view we have of Catalina Island from our back yard (yes, we are spoiled here!)
Can't wait to learn more about using this camera! My photography skills are very rusty (like from 1985!)

Attached Thumbnails

• Hummingbird practice photography 211.JPG
  • Hummingbird practice photography 133.JPG
  • Hummingbird practice photography 239.JPG
  • Hummingbird practice photography 262.JPG

Amy Johnson Proud owner of Carangi+/ (Versace X Giavanna)

2013 Region 2 UNANIMOUS Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Region 1 Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Youth National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure JTR 14-18
2012 U.S. National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54; Region 2 Champ Hunter Pl. AATR 40+ and Hunter Pl. Open, Res Champ PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR; Region 1 Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40 and over, Reserve Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 and over 2011 U.S. National Top Ten (third!) PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54, Region 1 Champ PB Hunter AAOTR 40 and Over, Region 2 Reserve Champ PB Hunter AATR