Photo

Sundance F-500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nitter_Pitter

Nitter_Pitter

Here's your sign!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

While Sundance was being brought up by Phil Jenkins, the Great Depression and the coinciding drought had forced many ranchers to sell or destroy their livestock in order to survive. The United States Department of Agriculture’s Remount Service program sought to restore the ranchers’ equine stock by offering them stallion services at discount prices. After inspecting several stallions for use to replenish saddle stock, it was decided that Sundance was "...the best all around saddle-type stud they had seen." Thus, was sold to John Whisanand of the USDA. Whisanand brought the stallion to his home in Orchard, Colorado, to bring his nearly ten year career with the USDA. During his time as a remount stallion, Sundance sired horses throughout Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, no small feat in a time where horse transportation often consisted of nothing more than the bed of a pickup truck.

Read More: Appaloosa Museum

We hope that one day "Romeo" will give us a spotty baby out of an Arabian mare. :D This is one of his Buckskin foals out of a few spot App mare.

Posted Image

"All the little horses lived in the herd, save for one, a perfect little stallion called Nitter Pitter." Taken from Nitter Pitter by Stephen Cosgrove

Proud Memeber United Horsemen

#2 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:20 AM

My first horse (not pony :lol: ) was a decendent of Sundance and registered with that organization.(ApHC & CRHA too) My mom bought her for me when she was 6 months in 1980-she passed away in 1999-and yes she was still mine, although she lived with friends to teach their children. The finest dipositioned horse I have ever known or owned, and I have had some good ones! She was never beaten in a trail class, shown from the age of 3 to 15, in 6 states. I still miss her.....
If you have to write your ethics rules down, you've already lost

STARLING "STAR" DEVERICKS

CORDEACE (Sir Fames HBV x OFW Shah Amber) AHA 2007 Chestnut Filly

SKIPPA SPORTIN ASHA (Skippa Gold Policy x Sportin The Moves) AQHA 2007 Sooty Buckskin Filly

MORGAN (rescue QH) Bay Mare Babysitter to the Brats and hater of fly masks!