Photo

Old Lines Treasures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#11 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

If you have visited the Rescue and Rehoming topics, you have seen these boys under the King Horses topic. I wanted to give an update to all Ferzon/Azraff preservationist enthusiasts (and other folks who just love these classic lines).

I have been caring for them financially since May of this year. Yesterday, I moved them to a new boarding facility - from Moorpark, CA to Lancaster, CA (I am in Texas). My new facility owner went to pick them up and has flooded me with photos and video clips. I had never seen a decent photo of the boys since they've been in my life. I am tickled pink, purple and all the other colors of the rainbow!!

Gai Trillo++ is a US National driving champion. He is a Ferzon son and is 36 years old. Kings Trillomar is Trillo's son and out of a double Azraff daughter. He is a Regional Champion Western Pleasure winner. He is 27 years old.

Here are a couple of photos of the boys in their new home. I will post more pix once they are cleaned up and also of their heads. I'm very excited and can't wait to meet the boys when I go out there next month!!!

Here is Trillo:

Here is Trillomar:

They are in amazing condition! I hope my boy continues to do well and looks good for a long time too. May I ask what you are feeding them?

Sue

#12 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:22 AM

Precious treasures indeed. Thank you for taking such good care of them in their golden time. You are a treasure, too. :-)
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#13 Natalie Angstadt

Natalie Angstadt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:58 AM

They are in amazing condition! I hope my boy continues to do well and looks good for a long time too. May I ask what you are feeding them?

Sue

Neither boy gets hay. They are getting Nutrena Life Design with Molasses, which is a complete feed. I believe it's in nugget form. In Texas, we feed a nugget called One N Only which can put some major weight on a horse! No risk for colic. They also get an Oat Hay/Alfalfa pellet feed as well. I do believe they eat A LOT though, and that stuff can be pricey. Seems to work tho!

Last night we booked our vacaation out to Las Vegas and then to California. I will see the boys for the first time!!! I want to ride them!! hehe

Bless you for careing for these old gents-they looks wonderful---and its so great to see them---i have one also and a distant relative to your boys--DH Dallas- Bask X Borrneyna sired by Naborr with a tail-female line to double Ferseyn he is 30 and 1/2 yrs old and a joy to me-what great treasures to have in our lives-!!

He's beautiful! Keep up the good work. These old lines are like disel engines.
Natalie Angstadt
NN Elite Arabians

NNPsymin Azferdron
Offered at Stud
2008 Region 9 SHIH Stallions Grand Champion
2008 Region 9 SHIH Stallions ATH Reserve Champion
2009 Region 9 SHIH Stallions Top 5 - Open and ATH
Kings Trillomar: April 18, 1982 - October 4, 2011
1989 Region 2 Western Pleasure AOTR Top 5
NNChantilly Lace
2009 Region 9 SHIH Mares Grand Champion
2009 Region 9 SHIH Mares ATH Reserve Champion
Gai Trillo+++/ : March 25, 1973 - July 3, 2011
1977 US National Pleasure Driving Champion
1977 Region 7 Arabian Stallion Breeding Top 5
1978 Region 5 English Pleasure Champion and Arabian Stallion Breeding Champion
Texas

#14 Natalie Angstadt

Natalie Angstadt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

I do believe that Trillo is the last remaining son of Ferzon. There are 4 according to DataSource. Gai Ferzon Louis has passed. One was exported and another is Gai Ferzon Beauty who is listed as being owned by a gentleman in Iowa.
Natalie Angstadt
NN Elite Arabians

NNPsymin Azferdron
Offered at Stud
NNChantilly Lace
Texas

#15 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Natalie,

they look great. I'm glad you found a location for them. Like look strong and still in good shape. I am amazed with the age. You certainly are earning your wings early on. You have a big heart. I hope you get to see them soon.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#16 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Neither boy gets hay. They are getting Nutrena Life Design with Molasses, which is a complete feed. I believe it's in nugget form. In Texas, we feed a nugget called One N Only which can put some major weight on a horse! No risk for colic. They also get an Oat Hay/Alfalfa pellet feed as well. I do believe they eat A LOT though, and that stuff can be pricey. Seems to work tho!

Last night we booked our vacaation out to Las Vegas and then to California. I will see the boys for the first time!!! I want to ride them!! hehe

He's beautiful! Keep up the good work. These old lines are like disel engines.

I just recently stopped using the Nutrena Senior because of all the molasses. They had changed the formula from when they first started producing it. It was making some of my horses too hot, and they were actually starting to lose condition. I switched to Tucker Senior and so far so good, but I have to soak it, as it is high in beet pulp and the pellets are hard. As the horses are out in CA now, you can get Source One Naturals. It is made from steamed brewers grains and is the best feed I have ever found. I really miss it.

Sue

#17 Natalie Angstadt

Natalie Angstadt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Thanks Sue. We'll see how things go with them. We're going to keep them on their normal stuff for a while as this is their first new home in 2+ years and with them being so old, we need to be really careful with their routine/diet. All I know is that Nutrena is PRICEY! We're going to move them to something comprable that the farm owner can get from her feed store.

The boys are doing well. They are bonding with Melody and the Ferzon son, Trillo++, is a complete angel she has told me. Trillomar is warming up too. They have snuggly blankets for the chilly nites there in the desert. They will see the farrier this weekend and the vet on Monday for their teeth and a look-over.
Natalie Angstadt
NN Elite Arabians

NNPsymin Azferdron
Offered at Stud
NNChantilly Lace
Texas

#18 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

Thanks Sue. We'll see how things go with them. We're going to keep them on their normal stuff for a while as this is their first new home in 2+ years and with them being so old, we need to be really careful with their routine/diet. All I know is that Nutrena is PRICEY! We're going to move them to something comprable that the farm owner can get from her feed store.

The boys are doing well. They are bonding with Melody and the Ferzon son, Trillo++, is a complete angel she has told me. Trillomar is warming up too. They have snuggly blankets for the chilly nites there in the desert. They will see the farrier this weekend and the vet on Monday for their teeth and a look-over.

My old horses have been on the Tucker Senior for a couple of weeks now and are doing wonderful. I have 2 horses that I brought from California and are hard keepers besides being 22. They are both gaining weight and the gelding has been more playful than he has been for a while. He is actually instigating "colt" play with the other geldings. My mare was down from having a huge colt and I was struggling with getting the weight back on her. It is especially frustrating as she is MY riding horse, and I really want to hit the trails with her. She is packing on the pounds very quickly and I have not upped the amount they get per feeding. Once she is at optimun weight I will actually be able to cut her back. I am impressed, especially as we had some really cold, wet, and miserable weather the last couple of weeks. I agree though, the boys have gone through some major life changes with being moved so you need to take it slowly. It is wonderful that they are doing so well and look so good. They must have had good care most of their lives.

Sue

#19 Natalie Angstadt

Natalie Angstadt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

The boys are doing GREAT! The vet came out and did a sheath cleaning, which was DESPERATLY needed! They are about tied for the largest beans ever!!! Poor guys! I bet they feel a bit "relieved" now! Trillo's teeth are in wonderful shape for being 36. Trillomar is missing some top molars, I believe. They are going to have complete dentals pretty soon. Also, Trillo had summer sores on his penis so those are being taken care of with worming doses.

Trillomar is as rammy as any 4 year old, and he is 27. The vet said they are in excellent shape considering their age. Melody, who boards them for me, said that if she told me Trillomar was 4, I would believe it. She said that they even shine and we all know how next to impossible it is to may a grey horse shine.

The best part of all of this, is that I am owned by the LAST living son of the great Ferzon.
Natalie Angstadt
NN Elite Arabians

NNPsymin Azferdron
Offered at Stud
NNChantilly Lace
Texas

#20 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

Natalie:

I really enjoy reading about these two senior boys. They look great. You should be very proud of what you are doing.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey