Photo

Homozygous Pintabian Stud Colt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#11 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

Oh he is VERY cute! I love his markings.

Thanks!
Let us know when you are ready to add a little Flair to your barn.

Becca Taylor
Flairpark Pintabians & Arabians

http://www.flairpark.com

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#12 Dynasty SAF

Dynasty SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

He sure is one flashy guy. Very nice!Frisco Stahr (head shot).jpg

#13 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

He sure is one flashy guy. Very nice!Frisco Stahr (head shot).jpg

Thank you! He is flashy, I love the little red tip on his tail when he flags it, just draws your eye.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#14 Pembroke

Pembroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

he is beautiful!!!!!!!!!
how many months old is he in that video?

#15 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

he is beautiful!!!!!!!!!
how many months old is he in that video?

Thanks!
He is three months in the video. If you watch you can see mom in a pen boardering the arena. He was born June 2, 2009. Thanks for watching!

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#16 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

Flairpark,

Could you explain to me how a horse gets in the pintabian registry. I was told some time ago that they had to registerable through IAHA and at least 7A or 8A in registration first. I really don't know what the real story is and just want to clarify what to true qualifications are for registry.

Thanks in advance.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#17 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Flairpark,

Could you explain to me how a horse gets in the pintabian registry. I was told some time ago that they had to registerable through IAHA and at least 7A or 8A in registration first. I really don't know what the real story is and just want to clarify what to true qualifications are for registry.

Thanks in advance.

Denise

I would love to. The horse does need to be at lest 7th generation to be pintabian. 6th generation can be registered as a pintabian producer. To get a pintabian you start with an arabian and a non arabian TOBIANO (other patterns are included only if Tobiano is present, for example tovero is acceptable overo is not). The resulting foal is 1A or 1/2 arabian, if that foal has spots then you breed it to a purebred arabian and so on. The percentages break down like this.

1A 1/2
2A 3/4
3A 7/8
4A 15/16
5A 31/32
6A 63/64 (pintabian producer)
7A 127/128 (true pintabian)

To register your horse pintabian you must get papers from the Pintabian Horse Registry Inc (they have a website now). There is a hardship registry if the sire and dam aren't registered with the Pintabian registry but otherwise the horses should be documented back to pintabian producer with Pintabian and arabian before that. The purebred arabian should be registered as an outcross. There is now a part-pintabian registration option. Two pintabians bred together can have a registered pintabian foal such as Trademark.

The registry had some trouble a few years ago and was having trouble getting things back to people. This was when I started my program. It took me almost a year to get my stallion in my name. After that I didn't register anyone with them. Now however the registry seems to be back on its feet and I am starting to register my foals, stallions and mares. Since you can check if they are a pintabian by either the 7A or higher it didn't matter to me much before Trey but since he can't be registered half-arabian I wanted him to have those papers. The registry has been great with getting back to me lately so I am giving them another shot.

When the trouble hit though a lot of frustrated breeders went to the International Pinto Arabian Registry. From what I can tell they will document any horse with more than 50% arabian blood and with color. From my understanding this includes foals not eligible for half-arabian registry IE foals by two half-arab parents. As long as there is documentation of some sort for their pedigree I believe they will register these foals and with any color pattern but I am not sure.

Did that answer all your questions? If not feel free to email or call me!

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#18 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Thank you. You did a great job explaining the critia. I think I understand now. I had a filly born to one of my mares where the resulting foal was 60% Arab by pedigree but not with one parent being PB. When I asked about Pintabian papers (asked a Pintabian breeder) she said the 7A and up in IAHA. It does get confusing with all the possiblities.

So, your Trey can be registered because both his sire and dam are reg. Pintabian? Thanks you for such a complete answer. I appreciate your time and effort to keep me on the right track. ;)

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#19 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

Thank you. You did a great job explaining the critia. I think I understand now. I had a filly born to one of my mares where the resulting foal was 60% Arab by pedigree but not with one parent being PB. When I asked about Pintabian papers (asked a Pintabian breeder) she said the 7A and up in IAHA. It does get confusing with all the possiblities.

So, your Trey can be registered because both his sire and dam are reg. Pintabian? Thanks you for such a complete answer. I appreciate your time and effort to keep me on the right track. ;)

Denise

No problem, glad I could help. Your filly might be eligible for the IPAR, Pintabians must be over 99% arabian, pintabian producers are 98%. Yes Trey can be registered because both of his parents are 7A pintabians so he is percentage wise a 7A pintabian.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#20 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

Trey is tested Homozygous and now we are testing him for SCID and CA. Results will be posted soon!

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003