Photo

Exciting Announcement!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#21 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

As with so many other stallions of his era, the influx of the Polish horses totally changed the focus of many of the breeding programs in North America and thus limited the breeding opportunities of other strains. Then of course came the LASMA marketing machine and intense desire to promote all things Bask.

Today as breeders look to find stallions that will cross on their extremely linebred Bask/Witraz horses, they are turning to the Crabbet lines as that is what always crossed best with them in the past when trying to create the ultimate performance horse. Problem is with all the fad breeding in halter, it is difficult to find stallions with the attributes we require.

Congratulations on scooping up this jewel of the past. Great to know that one of our past stars is going to have a great home in his twilight years! So many end up in such a bad way, never to be heard of again. I know it is a bonus for your breeding program to be able to acquire Viva Van Crabbet, but it is still a great thing that you are doing providing him such a great way to finish off his career.

Are you going to be standing him publicly or are you just using him for your own program?

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#22 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

What wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I am delighted to see such a grand stallion get the opportunity to be used in the context of a program that fully appreciates the value of his bloodlines. :-)
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#23 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I am very pleased with Viva now that he has arrived. He is a grand old boy and I am hoping to get some very nice high percentage Crabbet foals by him before he is done breeding.

Marcia, I think he is just going to be here breeding and not open to the general public. Between my girls and a good friends, we have MORE than enough to keep him busy. :D

I think a little dressage is in order for him too. I was throughly impressed with the piaf he was doing in his stall when he first arrived! Alot of strength and natural collection went into it. He is 100% sound so it shouldn't be an issue if we take things slow and easy.

I feel so lucky that he has come here to Oak Lawn. Now, pray for us to get a couple of nice foals by him. Even if that is not meant to be, he will be a great guy to have around for riding and enjoying. He is really easy on the eyes!

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#24 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

So when do we get to see pics of him at his new home with his new owner?

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#25 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

Hopefully when my mom gets better at using her new Cannon Rebel! :)

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open

#26 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,321 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:17 AM

OLA - you just tell Mom to read her book and she'll be all set. That is the same camera (I think) that Robert got and he was taking good pics the afternoon he got it!!! :)

Anxious as you can tell to see photos of the grand ol' guy! Again, congratulations on your new treasure!

Denise Gainey

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#27 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

This is a HUGE exciting announcement. What a gem you have found Oak Lawn. Congrats to you. This blood is needed and i think he can still make a large contribution to the arabian breed and carry on those legendary bloodlines.

We need photos of the grand old fellow. Please do share some with us now he has safely arrived home with you and tell us some more

Dont want to hyjack or anything but i did find some pics and a little story here on him if anyone wants to see him at age 19. Hope its okay to post!
http://www.loefflertrainingcenter.com/stallions/index.html
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#28 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:13 AM

This is a HUGE exciting announcement. What a gem you have found Oak Lawn. Congrats to you. This blood is needed and i think he can still make a large contribution to the arabian breed and carry on those legendary bloodlines.

We need photos of the grand old fellow. Please do share some with us now he has safely arrived home with you and tell us some more

Dont want to hyjack or anything but i did find some pics and a little story here on him if anyone wants to see him at age 19. Hope its okay to post!
http://www.loefflertrainingcenter.com/stallions/index.html

Thanks Cassiosum Acres. He is settling in very nicely and will be bred to a couple mares this Fall one of them being my AM Power Raid daughter.

Shannon did a wonderful job keeping Viva in good shape. He still looks the same as he did at 19. I hope I have baby pictures to show everyone next year!!

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart

#29 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

Ohhh that will be an awsome cross with the Al-marah mare i love poweraid!!! I owned a mare with nice breeding Lewisfield, Bright Shadow, Oran and some babson blood going to Fa-Serr. She was LARGE boned and was so athletic could jump 4'3 freely and only 15hh. Man she would have crossed great with him.

Cant wait to see some more pics of him....and fingers crossed you will have babies on the way for next year!
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#30 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:03 AM

Thanks so much. Faith is a lovely mare (Power Raid daughter). She gave us a very nice colt this year with a super disposition by a *Ralvon Elijah son.

You mare sounds lovely. I am sometimes dissapointed that I came to know Arabians so late. I missed some of the great Crabbet bred Arabians that I would have liked to have seen and many bloodlines that are now gone I would have loved to have owned.

It is a shame that the Arabian community has such a short memory about some of the greatest horses of all times that have predominately Crabbet blood and strong Crabbet dam lines.

Ohhh that will be an awsome cross with the Al-marah mare i love poweraid!!! I owned a mare with nice breeding Lewisfield, Bright Shadow, Oran and some babson blood going to Fa-Serr. She was LARGE boned and was so athletic could jump 4'3 freely and only 15hh. Man she would have crossed great with him.

Cant wait to see some more pics of him....and fingers crossed you will have babies on the way for next year!

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart