Photo

Need A Lot of Opinions Here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#21 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

So maybe GG is the same? They do mention the mare is a diva, could be a case of being spoiled as well..Peter, Leslie hit me up today..I'll be getting back to her tomorrow..Thanks again for the heads up on the mare..

#22 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (PreKota @ Sep 10 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So maybe GG is the same? They do mention the mare is a diva, could be a case of being spoiled as well..Peter, Leslie hit me up today..I'll be getting back to her tomorrow..Thanks again for the heads up on the mare..

No problem. I hope you have a chance to talk to Leslie and also get to see this mare. She is worth the trip.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#23 Maggiesmom

Maggiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

I will offer again, if you want to see Leslie's mare's full sister that I own, we're just down the hill from you. She'll be going up to San Marcos for saddle training soon though.

#24 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

Id love to come check her out! Maybe even take some photos to add to my portfolio? *hint*hint* Lol..

#25 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

So the mares Im looking at right now or considering are:

Redfeather Dancin
Khemoniquee
Sabino mare - refered by Peter
and
crap I know theres another mare, so tired I cant think right now sad.gif

#26 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

I just thought I would post pictures of Dream's mother (Golden Poppy) and full sister (the one Maggiesmom owns) to give you an idea.

Poppy is a huge mare great body and about 15'1/2".

Fri.May2007090.jpg Fri.May2007162.jpg

Here are a couple of GLF Shez Aul That at 8 months.

LittleMagic001.JPG LittleMagic009.JPG

Enjoy!!!!

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#27 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

Here are a couple of more of Maggie. She is only 8 months old, right out of the pasture and body clipped. This is a typical body style we see from her sire.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

Attached Images

• LittleMagic0121.jpg
  • LittleMagic0061.jpg
  • LittleMagic0421.jpg

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#28 Maggiesmom

Maggiesmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Maggie also has a similar temperament to her sister it sounds like - very loving, pretty unflappable, but very alpha and a bit mischevious. I love everything about Maggie, including her personality which is good because she has a LOT of personality. I'll send you a PM with my contact info - I am very busy during the week but the weekends are typically wide open. Maggie will be going up to Lou Roper for training at the end of October/beginning of November and will then be in San Marcos. For now, she's at my friend Lacinda's ranch in Lakeside.

Pictures from a few weeks ago:

I don't have a good one of her head but it is exquisite. It's one of the things I like about Magic Aulrab and his offspring - you don't have to give up the pretty to get very good conformation and a horse built to do a good day's work. It can be lacking in some CMK programs, you almost always get the great body but with a plainer head. I believe this comes from Magic's dam Phyllis Dream and seems to be coming down through him as well.

#29 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Lorelei @ Sep 10 2009, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes *Serafix is CMK.

You might look into bringing in some *Silver Vanity lines. Fairview Stud has been rather successful with this, with their stallion Aul Mystique. Again *Silver Vanity is Crabbet, so he is part of the CMK.

I haven't seen any crosses with this, and maybe there is a reason why, such as it not being successful. But I'd be interested in breeding those lines with *Raffles horses such as the Alice Payne or even possibly Shalimar. Both those lines (very similar since Shalimar used a lot of Alice Payne horses) are extremely athletic and commonly seen in western divisions like reining, but also in sport horse, and endurance. The *Raffles bred horses are not very popular right now because they tend to be smaller horses (height wise). But since the Aulrab lines tend to be taller, you may get more size out of them. And I think crossed with the *Raffles it would definitely add some difference to their looks.

I have one yearling filly that is Raffles/Indraff lines crossed with Aulrab/AbuFarwa and I *LOVE* the result. FCF As You Wish is by my linebred Raffles/Indraff stallion, AAA Legend ofthe Seas (he does have some Shalimar lines) and out of the Warren Park bred mare, Rieba (Aulrab x Aurieha). Over the next few years I will be doing more such crosses using Aur Mystic Heir on a number of my Raffles/Indraff and Raffles/Rissalix mares. I have also used Aul Magic on a mare that has significant Raffles/Rissalix influence (with a dash of Spanish--both non-CMK thru Opalo and CMK through Draper lines) and I love that filly, FCF Magicaul Gem, too!!! FWIW, neither of those fillies will be "small".

"Wish"

"Gem"

FWIW, my program is using CMK lines (with permissable amounts of complimentary outcross lines when appropriate) focusing on careful blends of Raffles/Indraff, Rissalix, Silver Vanity, and Aurab/Abu Farwa (at some point I'll bring in some Ben Rabba, the right opportunity just hasn't come along yet). I am still only a few years into my program, but perhaps you can gain some insights into how these lines can be expressed in some of the combinations I have done so far.
Faerie Court Farm

Betsy Teeter at Legendary Arabians should be able to offer you some good advice on these matters. You could also check with Sandra Warren at Warren Park Stud. Sandy is a wonderful person and has a wealth of knowledge about these lines. She also has a number of quality horses for sale. ;-)
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#30 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

very nice looking horses --love the substance-!!