Photo

Need A Lot of Opinions Here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#11 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

I have to second the suggestion of considering Silver Vanity horses. The mare in my avatar was a Silver Vanity-related mostly Crabbet mare, and a better disposition you could not find anywhere. She was the truly versatile Arabian; working cattle, camping, giving lessons to kids, and a very smooth-riding western pleasure show mare.
If I could find a mare like her who was not grey (I lost her to melanoma), I'd buy her in a heartbeat!!

Mary

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#12 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Ive been looking on the CMK fotki album..Grabbing names and checking DH for advertised horses, just to get an idea of the horses they produce if being sold..

I found this mare..100% CMK, none Aurab blood w/sabino pattern..Yes I know, Im a color lover! Love a chestnut/sorrel with high whites and a blaze!
Opinions on this mare? Not looking to specifically buy this mare but curious on opinions..Would her lineage be suitable for what Im looking for?
http://www.dreamhors...orse_id=1417906

#13 Khona's Mom

Khona's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

http://www.arabianbr...lt/rolleyes.gif Hmmmm.....
My mare is Khemo on the sire line, and Aurab and GAINEY in the dam line....
"course I'm a little predjudiced....http://www.arabianbreeders.net/Forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I love the Silver Drift line, too!!!
I'm not anywhere close to a pedigree expert... but how about the Al-Marah line???
Those are some beautiful, working athletes!!!!

Obviously, I'm not a posting expert, either.....!!!!

How do I put those emoticon thingys in??!!??

GAK.
Just one (well loved) mare! :D
Khonakope KpM (Khornerstone KpM [Khemosabi x Shahntu] x TA Sarrinade [Arribba x Gai Talley])

Ginger in California

#14 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

I was thinking of the Al Marah lines too! They seem to be very versatile..I see quiet a few reining winners in that line..

#15 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

This looks like a lovely mare but I'd read the description of her disposition very carefully and wonder if that's the type of temperament I'd want to add to my program...JMHO

Mary

I found this mare..100% CMK, none Aurab blood w/sabino pattern..Yes I know, Im a color lover! Love a chestnut/sorrel with high whites and a blaze!
Opinions on this mare? Not looking to specifically buy this mare but curious on opinions..Would her lineage be suitable for what Im looking for?

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#16 Khona's Mom

Khona's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (PreKota @ Sep 9 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking of the Al Marah lines too! They seem to be very versatile..I see quiet a few reining winners in that line..

Who is the stunner on your Avatar??? W-O-W.....
Congratulations on your upcoming farm purchase....
What an exciting future!!!!

Just one (well loved) mare! :D
Khonakope KpM (Khornerstone KpM [Khemosabi x Shahntu] x TA Sarrinade [Arribba x Gai Talley])

Ginger in California

#17 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Thanks..Yes right now its all save save save and make sure I find the right place!

Ladycascabel..Ya I know the mare isnt of quality personality wise, but I recall a mare Peter refered me too with the same attitude thats Aulrab bred..Could always be a bad apple but maybe she produces quality personalities? Im not interested in this mare, just seeing if Im finding the eye as far as quality mares to add a different CMK line to the Aurab lines..

Khonasmom, the mare in my avatar is from North Arabians..Its a photo I took while on a practice photo gig..Dont remember her name tho..

#18 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (PreKota @ Sep 10 2009, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been looking on the CMK fotki album..Grabbing names and checking DH for advertised horses, just to get an idea of the horses they produce if being sold..

I have met GG in person and a better broodmare, mother and producer you could not find anywhere else. She also has a very nice temperament. I would grab her up in a heartbeat if I were still in Texas.

Carrie

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#19 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:40 AM

You should stop and see Pegasus Park's horses.Marci also just got a new stallion she would probably be happy to show you.Redfeather has a filly at the same farm that you can see.Redfeather's filly is very tempting but not very tall and would be lots of fun to train to cart.Redfeather was aged when the filly was foaled so that may have had some bearing on foal size.I had a mare with some of the same lines that Peter mentioned and she was tall,good tempered and had fantastic movement.The horse in Texas is interesting ,have you discussed her temperment issues with them?I am not sure what they are refering to.
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#20 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (PreKota @ Sep 10 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks..Yes right now its all save save save and make sure I find the right place!

Ladycascabel..Ya I know the mare isnt of quality personality wise, but I recall a mare Peter refered me too with the same attitude thats Aulrab bred..Could always be a bad apple but maybe she produces quality personalities? Im not interested in this mare, just seeing if Im finding the eye as far as quality mares to add a different CMK line to the Aurab lines..

The mare I mentioned is mostly spoiled. She can be turned around with consistent work. Her foal by Gulastras Splash has a wonderful disposition so it is not something that is going to be bred on. I know I own her father but I will say this anyway. You will not find a better horse. Great legs, big round feet that we just don't see anymore, balanced deep body, good shape of neck and a pleasing if not extreme head. Her movement will blow you away. The photos on the for sale page do not do her justice. She is one of the best moving horses of ANY line. I hope you get to see her in person. I'm not one for hyperbole, just the facts.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey