Photo

Need A Lot of Opinions Here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#1 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

So in less than a year I'll be purchasing my own place, with a plan to start a small breeding ranch..Right now Im looking at a few mares to start a breeding program, focusing solely on the CMK lines..

My main focus's are the Aulrab, Abu Farwa and Ben Rabba lines, as well as the Khemosabi lines..

This cross I believe would make some incredible horses, having both the athleticness and beauty..The disciplines Id focus on are reining and western pleasure..Maybe even some sport horse in hand..

Ive of course noticed the incredible line breeding in the Aulrab, Abu Farwa and Ben Rabba lines..So my question would be what other CMK lines, other than Khemosabi, would make a great cross on these lines?

Id like to have a small number of mares and look into all my options when looking for mares..

Im currently planning on heading up to Legendary Arabians to check out

Rocky - stud colt:

and Redfeather Dancin - broodmare..

Any and all suggestions would be great..Im open to anything you might mention..I want to do this right..Im working on getting familiar with the Arabian lineage, Ive always been on stock horses!

#2 nyteryder54

nyteryder54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

I just want to say that I am glad you are concentrating on older lines instead of the so called dime a dozen lines that are so popular now as the breed needs newer and younger people to carry on some of the older lines before they are lost.
Ing

#3 Gogetter

Gogetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

I like them outcrossed on Spanish (think *An Malik and *Numaa lines) but that doesn't help much with what CMK lines biggrin.gif Are you looking to preserve the bloodlines or produce dynamite, marketable individuals in their own right? My Aul Magic son out of a *Numaa who passed away in February at age 5 sad.gif was one heck of a horse in EVERY way. I don't know if you've been around long enough to see his video on youtube. I'm sure everyone here is sick of it, but here's the link in case you haven't seen it:

This is me showing him, first time I'd ever shown him, and he'd only been to 3 shows prior to this. What a brain on this guy, never mind his talent. I miss him very, very much!

Here's a link to the first under saddle class he'd ever shown in:

Amy Johnson Proud owner of Carangi+/ (Versace X Giavanna)

2013 Region 2 UNANIMOUS Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Region 1 Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Youth National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure JTR 14-18
2012 U.S. National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54; Region 2 Champ Hunter Pl. AATR 40+ and Hunter Pl. Open, Res Champ PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR; Region 1 Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40 and over, Reserve Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 and over 2011 U.S. National Top Ten (third!) PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54, Region 1 Champ PB Hunter AAOTR 40 and Over, Region 2 Reserve Champ PB Hunter AATR

#4 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (PreKota @ Sep 9 2009, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in less than a year I'll be purchasing my own place, with a plan to start a small breeding ranch..Right now Im looking at a few mares to start a breeding program, focusing solely on the CMK lines..

My main focus's are the Aulrab, Abu Farwa and Ben Rabba lines, as well as the Khemosabi lines..

This cross I believe would make some incredible horses, having both the athleticness and beauty..The disciplines Id focus on are reining and western pleasure..Maybe even some sport horse in hand..

Ive of course noticed the incredible line breeding in the Aulrab, Abu Farwa and Ben Rabba lines..So my question would be what other CMK lines, other than Khemosabi, would make a great cross on these lines?

Id like to have a small number of mares and look into all my options when looking for mares..

Im currently planning on heading up to Legendary Arabians to check out

Rocky - stud colt:

Polish, definitely. It is a classic blend of beauty, performance and athleticism. Khemosabi and Abu Farwa cross well with SErafix too. Serafix should cross well with the Aulrab, but I do not have personal experience with that cross. You get a lot of athleticism with the Abu Farwa/Serafix crosses. They were used for racing quite a bit. Khemosabi/Serafix is a classic blend too. The Khemo adds refinement and smoothness through the body. The Serafix adds bone and size.

Sue

and Redfeather Dancin - broodmare..

Any and all suggestions would be great..Im open to anything you might mention..I want to do this right..Im working on getting familiar with the Arabian lineage, Ive always been on stock horses!

#5 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:06 AM

I know of a stallion that is sitting in Fallon at Beverly Thomas's house. I have listed him once on the sales thread. His name is Time to Tiki. Beverly would like to find a good home for him where he will be used. He is grey and has some very interesting lines. Some Polish through his sire, most notabley Mohacz crossed on Old Spanish. He is double Witez II through the dam. His sire line is Skowronek and his dam like is Rodania so he is certainly high percentage CMK and bred on CMK mares will get you the 75% that they call for if that is a consideration. I just like breeding good horses and this guy will do that regardless of how you breed him. If you buy mostly Aurab, Abu Farwa, Serafix and other CMK mares, this guy will complement them all. He is that good. I like the Tiki horses because they are VERY durable and though they are a bit straighter in the profile they are breedy looking and certainly have Arabian type. They are similar to the Serafix and some of the Aurab horses in that respect. Not dishy but certainly Arabians.

If you would like to talk to Bev, email me and I'll give you her number. Not sure what she wants for him monetarily but he is a successful race horse and sire. A good forever home is her first priority. If I were continuing with breeding my 3 Magic Aulrab daughters, he would be on the short list. I might even take him myself. They could add the pretty without losing his good features. I like him. Good ears too which is a real stickler for me and stallions.

Oh, and since you are in S. Cal. and there are some race breeders down there you may attract interest for outside mares with a horse like Time.

http://www.allbreedp...om/time to tiki

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#6 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

You need to take a serious look at the mare my friend has for sale. A Khemo daughter. Would be hard to find one of her quality and age. Bonus she is in foal to Magic Aulrab for 4/10. She is very reasonably priced for a two in one package. I have managed her breeding for the last 4 years. She is super easy in every way. I would be glad to give you any and all information about her. She is certainly healthy enough to easily get a couple more foals out of her.

Really this is a golden opportunity for someone.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#7 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (NIECE @ Sep 9 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need to take a serious look at the mare my friend has for sale. A Khemo daughter. Would be hard to find one of her quality and age. Bonus she is in foal to Magic Aulrab for 4/10. She is very reasonably priced for a two in one package. I have managed her breeding for the last 4 years. She is super easy in every way. I would be glad to give you any and all information about her. She is certainly healthy enough to easily get a couple more foals out of her.

Really this is a golden opportunity for someone.

Denise

I definitely second this! She's a very beautiful mare and in foal to an amazing stallion! Here she is with her HA '09 colt
GLF_Bay_pinto_colt_2109.jpg

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#8 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Tamcam @ Sep 9 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I definitely second this! She's a very beautiful mare and in foal to an amazing stallion! Here she is with her HA '09 colt
GLF_Bay_pinto_colt_2109.jpg

Yes getting the mare and foal instead of just the inutero foal is the better way to go. I hate to speak for the owner but it may not be to much higher for both. The mare certainly is worth it and seems to be very fertile.

I also want to add that Time To Tiki is an exceptional horse who is lost in Fallon. He needs to and deserves to be breeding mares. A race winner and race sire. I believe his race speed index is 110 or better. Not sure what that means but it is suppose to be a judge of his times on different tracks at different distances against competition. He is a real athlete and if you go with the Magic Aulrab daughters, you will have the pretty and the substance and he will just reinforce the good overall conformation, superior athletic ability and durability that the Kontiki horses are known for.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#9 PreKota

PreKota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

Ah so many great mares to consider, Im seriously getting overwhelmed! Lol..

NIECE I love the Khemo mare..I did inquire about the foal in-utero but just asked what the price difference would be to buy both the mare in foal..

NyteRyder, thanks..I do love the athletic types smile.gif

Gogetter..I want to try and keep it CMK to CMK..I love the Aurab lines, but again Ive noticed how linebred they are..Id just like to throw a little other CMK blood in there to keep it from looking soooo ###### like? Lol..Im sorry, probably the wrong way to put it..
As well Im VERY sorry to hear about your guy, he was gorgeous!

Rosealba Farm..Serafix is CMK? if Im not mistaken..I dont want to outcross as in CMK to Polish or Spanish or etc..Im talking just different stallions in the CMK lineage..

Soo..am I wrong or are the CMK horses big in the race scene? Ive honestly only seen them in the dressage, hunter and western sport events most of the time..

Peter, Id definitly like to consider this guy..But Im not familiar with the race scene..If this is a horse that would gain more notice Im not sure he'd be the horse for me..I would have no idea who or where to promote this type of horse..

Im looking to promote western event horses..reining, cutting, ranch horse versatility..as well as some western pleasure and maybe sport horse in hand (until I can advance skills in dressage and maybe have that as an option later)..

So many nice horses, and thanks to everyone who have refered those horses..I will consider them all..Please remember Im taking my time, no quick decisions, want to make sure I have the right herd to start with biggrin.gif..

#10 Lorelei

Lorelei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

Yes *Serafix is CMK.

You might look into bringing in some *Silver Vanity lines. Fairview Stud has been rather successful with this, with their stallion Aul Mystique. Again *Silver Vanity is Crabbet, so he is part of the CMK.

I haven't seen any crosses with this, and maybe there is a reason why, such as it not being successful. But I'd be interested in breeding those lines with *Raffles horses such as the Alice Payne or even possibly Shalimar. Both those lines (very similar since Shalimar used a lot of Alice Payne horses) are extremely athletic and commonly seen in western divisions like reining, but also in sport horse, and endurance. The *Raffles bred horses are not very popular right now because they tend to be smaller horses (height wise). But since the Aulrab lines tend to be taller, you may get more size out of them. And I think crossed with the *Raffles it would definitely add some difference to their looks.
Proudly owned by:
EV Tiara Lynn (Shalimar Jordie x JR Lorelei) 1996 mare
Ahmar Shalish "Shay" (Rih Rabi x Shalimar Alicia) 1998 gelding