Photo

What Crabbet/CMK line do you like?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#11 silvershadow

silvershadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

I also love the big body on rounded lines on stallions. I don't mind the heavier neck if the horse has that body, butt and bone to match. Those old baroque style cmk heritage stallions look so lovely when rounded up in collection, and I am happy to watch them perform in the sport horse divisions.

When I was first buying my own horses, I absolutely had to have the stallion we now own just because of his pedigree. Grandparents were Karadjordje on top ( I had no idea who that was at the time) x Silver Dawn (A Serafix daughter) then on bottom was Azraff x Marosh Miss Spiffy (who was a Ferzon daughter out of an Indraff daughter) Miss Spiffy was full sister to Gazon. His foals are always grey with strong, short coupling with big bodies, big hips and big eyes.

I would love to take our little mare by the old boy, and breed her to an Al Marah stallion with CMK damlines one of these years... *sigh*

Raye Anne

#12 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Rissalix (Faris x Rissla), purchased from Crabbet in 1940. Known for his quality and brilliant action, a better cross for the Hanstead mares could scarcely have been found. Yet another example of Hanstead's worldwide success despite tiny numbers, Rissalix sired fewer than 20 Yule-bred foals of record, but they include such as *Count Dorsaz, Blue Domino, Mikeno, and Pale Shadow (dam of Bright Shadow). Rissalix was one of the few horses Lady Wentworth later regretted selling, but owing to labor shortages after the start of the war it was necessary to reduce the number of stallions at Crabbet.

RissalixAV13_6.jpg

and one of his sons
CountDorsazAV13_6.jpg
Northwind Arabians
Standing;
Ballience V (Allience+// x Balquenette V) Res Canadian Nat. Ch. Park and Res. Nat. Ch. Eng. Pleasure Jr Horse..

Owned by, Northwind Arabians

El Shuja Wahid (Norus x Naftula by Moniet El Sharaf) Straight Egyptian.

The Elixir (HI-Fashion Mreekh x Jaliya), Straight Egyptian. Canadian Nationals, and Scottsdale, Top 10 Stallion.
Owned by, Watson Arabians.

or visit our photo site of all our horses

#13 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

AL- Marah Canadius, (*Ranix x Al-Marah Tai)
High % Crabbet, CMK, One of my favorites as I own a son that is 27.

scan0003_vi.jpg

untitled_vi.jpg
Northwind Arabians
Standing;
Ballience V (Allience+// x Balquenette V) Res Canadian Nat. Ch. Park and Res. Nat. Ch. Eng. Pleasure Jr Horse..

The Elixir (HI-Fashion Mreekh x Jaliya), Straight Egyptian. Canadian Nationals, and Scottsdale, Top 10 Stallion.

#14 Guest_barbarella_*

Guest_barbarella_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

I love Michael Bowling's *Seffer crossed on Bazy's Dreamazon daughter Dream Dove.. AM Michael Love now owned by Stowe arabians he ma hoss

#15 Shan

Shan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Ferseyn, Azraff, Silver Drift, Persy...lol

#16 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

I love Rissalix lines crossed with Oran lines myself through their sons and daughters:

Oran

Rissalix

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#17 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:48 PM

Azraff (*Raffles x Azja IV by Landsknecht (PASB 211)) June 4, 1949 - April 27, 1978

azraff.jpg
Sire of 1968 Canadian National Champion Stallion and 1972 Canadian Reserve National Champion Western Pleasure, Comer Bay Beau +++ out of Rose of Mirage, 1969 US Reserve Champion Futurity Colt Camiraff ++ out of Veisha, 1969 US NAtional Champion Stallion Galizon out of Gay Rose, 1973 US National Champion Futurity Colt Lea Baron + out of Lea Geymette, 1981 Canadian Reserve National Champion Aza Destiny out of Bint Bass Hisan. Grandsire of 1974 US and Canadian Nationals Champion Pleasure Driving, 1977 US National Champion Stallion Gai Parada +++ by Ferzon out of the Azraff daughter Azleta.
Northwind Arabians
Standing;

#18 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:07 PM

Rissalix Progeny:

Blue Domino (x Niseyra)

*Count Dorsaz (x Shamnar)

*Ranix (x Iorana)

*Thorayya (x Samsie)

Mikeno (x Namilla)

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open

#19 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

Oran Progeny:

*Oran Van Crabbet (x *Serafina)

*Silver Vanity (x Silver Gilt)

Oran had many excellent progeny but these two are my favorites.

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart

#20 Shan

Shan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Silver Drift

Attached Images

• silverdrift.jpg