Photo

Countess Vanessa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

ahh arlene thats because your a historian. you state facts. we state passion. but i as an enthusiast love both versions. she was above and beyond what i call a true park horse!

Ironically I DO have plenty of passion but that shows more in person than when I post here I guess.

And sometimes I have to be a gadfly and remind people of the facts of some past events. Lots of new people in the breed may not remember the great ones (or the ones thought great at the time because of hype who really weren't so great).

My favorite purebred park horse of all time was Reign On at Scottsdale in 1986. Others include Zodiac Matador, Orans Adagio, and AA Apollo Bey. Countess Vanessa was a one of a kind, no other horse moved like her, but I had a feeling she wouldn't produce a foal in her own image, and sadly I was right.
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#22 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

I loved Orans Adagio too he was one cool horse. And I still think AA Apollo Bey is Hucks best son in the movement/hind end department. I have not see Zodiac Matador but had the Markel poster with him on it he was one of my favs. I ddint get to see Reign on either
Dont forget MHR Nobility He was amazing front and back you dont see that much anymore!
Shauna

Azure Arabians Home of HW Satin Prince

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :
National TT SHN Jackpot filly Satin Daisy

Regional top 5 SHIH mare ,
Scottsdale Top 5 SHIH gelding

www.montanaequineconnections.com

#23 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:54 AM

Ironically I DO have plenty of passion but that shows more in person than when I post here I guess.

And sometimes I have to be a gadfly and remind people of the facts of some past events. Lots of new people in the breed may not remember the great ones (or the ones thought great at the time because of hype who really weren't so great).

And bless you for doing it!!!!
Kelly Brown

...flying, singing, writing, wierdo

#24 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

who showed her for double Diamond in 97?

#25 kukrae

kukrae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

I apologize for stepping into an old topic, but this mare has always fascinated me. I never got to watch her in her championships, but I remember having this brown binder for school...musta been about 1984 or so. Vanessa was just really getting started and there was this b/w picture of she and Jimmy in the Horseman's Corral magazine from I believe one of the OHAHA shows. If not that, the Buckeye, because the photo was taken right after a class at the West exit of the coliseum at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. I recall having that photo taped on that notebook my entire time of high school :)

#26 thealishamin

thealishamin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

A friend of mine was a groom for Double Diamond when CV was there. She went with them to nationals. I visited her several months after and she showed me the video of CV's win. I don't know how many horses or how many wins DD had won that year, but CV was the won they were still raving about. My friend talked about how much of a handful CV was to tack up and how special CV was to Ted. It was obvious my friend and the entire staff were completely enamored by the mare...as if they knew there would never be another.

Posted Image