Photo

Countess Vanessa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#11 splashh

splashh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

She was spectacular to watch live. She gave me cold chills like none other! I hope you find the footage you are looking for!

#12 starlitefarms

starlitefarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

my first year of going to nationals was that year! i remember seeing her and red tape both win and my god did they give me goosebumps! would like to see what shoes they had on her! bet they wasnt these huge things!

Home of :

Kharizma SFA ( Da Valentino x Kha-sarra) 01 Bay gelding

Kha-sarra ( Khadraj NA x Basarra VV) 97 bay mare

Miss Fire SFA ( Hopes Afire x Chopinna Regina) 04 bay HA mare 

#13 Nichole Wise

Nichole Wise

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hello everyone!!!

Does anyone have any footage of any of her national performances they can download? ( not including 97' ) I want to buy a tape from Seehorse video, as they have all years recorded I think, but deciding what year would be best, as I unfortunately never saw her in person, also does anyone know if/what/where any of her get are?

I never heard much of anything about any of them, but I have been kinda out of the "loop" so to speak for a while, and am trying to get back into things, thanks in advance for info!!

yours truly,

Cree

Hi It is on u tube the footage. Also they said she was from iowa is that correct?

#14 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

Hi It is on u tube the footage. Also they said she was from iowa is that correct?

Her owners at the time of the 1992 video were Charles and Judy Jones, then of Sioux City, Iowa. Datasource shows them as in South Dakota now...unfortunately Datasource shows only the last recorded address for owners, not the one they may have operated from for many years.

She was owned by Ben Wright in 1996, who sold her a year later to Double Diamond in Texas, under whose ownership she competed at her final Nationals in 1997. She was not shown in 1993-1996. She was US Nat Ch Half Arabian Park in 1988, 1989 and 1992, and Reserve National Champion in 1990 and 1997. In 1997 she was Youth Nationals Champion Half Arabian Park JTR.

Hope this helps. I saw her show at all of her US Nationals performances-as you probably know she was very hard to keep on gait at the trot but she was brilliant when she was trotting. In her day she was controversial as many people didn't think it was fair to award her National Championships when she broke gait frequently(although park horses are allowed to break gait more than english pleasure horses). She definitely "raised the bar" for brilliance in Half-Arab park classes.
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#15 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

I may not be much help in your original request, but I DID see Countess Vanessa go many a time at Nationals! I am a stone cold ww lady, but that mare is in direct defiance of words to describe her! Have you known any other horse that inspired THE WAVE as she went around the ring???? I have watched ASB's and many Arabian PB park horses that could not touch that otherworldly mare! LAWD, whatta sight! If you could watch her go and not cry in awe, you were a better person than I ever shall be! She was INTOXICATING! I am a better person for having lived to witness her greatness! SOME LEGEND, that girl! I distinctly recall her being a horse that could barely be contained within a ring to a mare that had no peers whatsoever! An absolutely amazing evolution!

EKK....STA.....CY
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#16 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

I may not be much help in your original request, but I DID see Countess Vanessa go many a time at Nationals! I am a stone cold ww lady, but that mare is in direct defiance of words to describe her! Have you known any other horse that inspired THE WAVE as she went around the ring???? I have watched ASB's and many Arabian PB park horses that could not touch that otherworldly mare! LAWD, whatta sight! If you could watch her go and not cry in awe, you were a better person than I ever shall be! She was INTOXICATING! I am a better person for having lived to witness her greatness! SOME LEGEND, that girl! I distinctly recall her being a horse that could barely be contained within a ring to a mare that had no peers whatsoever! An absolutely amazing evolution!

EKK....STA.....CY

Yep, she was all that...and I too loved to see her go. Your passionate description is far better than my dry factual kind !!
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#17 starlitefarms

starlitefarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

ahh arlene thats because your a historian. you state facts. we state passion. but i as an enthusiast love both versions. she was above and beyond what i call a true park horse!

Home of :

Kharizma SFA ( Da Valentino x Kha-sarra) 01 Bay gelding

Kha-sarra ( Khadraj NA x Basarra VV) 97 bay mare

Miss Fire SFA ( Hopes Afire x Chopinna Regina) 04 bay HA mare 

#18 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

Yep, she was all that...and I too loved to see her go. Your passionate description is far better than my dry factual kind !!

HAY EWE!! lol...yes, AM, but we need BOTH to get the whole picture, don'tcha know! My English professors used to berate the **** outta me for being TOO PASSIONATE! As has about half of everyone I have ever spoken with at any length, but OH, WELL! I think most folks just shuffle through life, zombie like, so somewhere between the two of our styles - therein lies a happy medium, perhaps? Dunno...never been there, rofl! Thanks for all you do and share here, AM!

CY....KOT....EKK
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#19 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

...yes, AM, but we need BOTH to get the whole picture, don'tcha know!

As a relatively new person to all of this (a little over 3 years ago I had never even touched an Arabian!!!), who continues to study, observe and ask questions from as many sources that I can, I am one who really appreciates BOTH types of sources.
Thank you to the both of you.

My thanks to the original poster as well for bringing up the topic and to the person who went to the effort of making the footage available online.
:)

#20 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

If she doesn't make you sit upright in your chair and pay attention, nothing will.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold