Photo

Countess Vanessa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 a-rapian

a-rapian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hello everyone!!!

Does anyone have any footage of any of her national performances they can download? ( not including 97' ) I want to buy a tape from Seehorse video, as they have all years recorded I think, but deciding what year would be best, as I unfortunately never saw her in person, also does anyone know if/what/where any of her get are?

I never heard much of anything about any of them, but I have been kinda out of the "loop" so to speak for a while, and am trying to get back into things, thanks in advance for info!!

yours truly,

Cree

#2 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

unfortunately never saw her in person, also does anyone know if/what/where any of her get are?

I never heard much of anything about any of them, but I have been kinda out of the "loop" so to speak for a while, and am trying to get back into things, thanks in advance for info!!

Name Number Foaled Gender Color Sire
VAN HAHR*2A269750 24 Mar 1988 Gelding Chestnut AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/
CANN CANN HAHR*2A276188 28 May 1989 Mare Bay AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/
VANNAH HAHR*2A306805 17 Jun 1992 Mare Chestnut AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/
MS SCARLETTE++// HAHR*2A309815 22 Jun 1993 Mare Chestnut RED TAPE+//
MELADY HAHR*2A313983 16 Aug 1994 Mare Chestnut HIGH HOPES++/
VAN ADORE HAHR*2A325493 22 Feb 1996 Gelding Chestnut ZODIAC MATADOR+

Van-Canadian Top Ten Half Arab Eng Pl (1993), was alive in 2008 as that's when his current owner bought him
Cann Cann - died at age 2 in 1991, no show record
Vannah - no show record, never left the ownership of her breeder (who is now not involved with Arabians)
Ms Scarlette++// - 9 National wins, the most recent a Can Top Ten in hunt pleasure last year. Titles won in hunt pleasure, english sidesaddle and native costume (she's the 2001 Canadian Res Nat Ch Half-Arabian Eng Sidesaddle)
Melady - 2001 Region 1 Res Ch Half-Arabian Eng Pl AOTR and Native Costume (no death date reported)
Van Adore - no show record (last owner bought him in 1999)

Hope that helps.

<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#3 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

Actually, I think I do have some footage of one of her wins. I don't know why. would it have been on a sales video? hmmm. goose bumps horse. I was so disappointed that she didn't make it to Nationals the last year in Louisville when they invited some of the greats back. I'll go look. I might be able to copy it and put on youtube. I think it was mainly her victory pass. Possibly the year she lost a shoe, but kept going and you couldn't tell? Would that have been '97? I'll always remember the announcer and and how she said her name. Coounntesssss Vvaaanesssaaaaaa! 97 was an odd year, so Nationals would have been in Albuquerque.

I found it! it's from 1992 at Louisville. Its a bit of the ring work and then the victory passes.

#4 a-rapian

a-rapian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (mhtokay @ Aug 23 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I think I do have some footage of one of her wins. I don't know why. would it have been on a sales video? hmmm. goose bumps horse. I was so disappointed that she didn't make it to Nationals the last year in Louisville when they invited some of the greats back. I'll go look. I might be able to copy it and put on youtube. I think it was mainly her victory pass. Possibly the year she lost a shoe, but kept going and you couldn't tell? Would that have been '97? I'll always remember the announcer and and how she said her name. Coounntesssss Vvaaanesssaaaaaa! 97 was an odd year, so Nationals would have been in Albuquerque

Hey, thanks, do not know if it would have been 97' probably not as I saw a tape of that, and it was a male announcer, she was reserve to Supreme Decision that year, if you find your you tube clip, that would be GREAT, thanks again , Cree

QUOTE (Arlene Magid @ Aug 23 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unfortunately never saw her in person, also does anyone know if/what/where any of her get are?

Name Number Foaled Gender Color Sire
VAN HAHR*2A269750 24 Mar 1988 Gelding Chestnut AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/
CANN CANN HAHR*2A276188 28 May 1989 Mare Bay AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/
VANNAH HAHR*2A306805 17 Jun 1992 Mare Chestnut AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/
MS SCARLETTE++// HAHR*2A309815 22 Jun 1993 Mare Chestnut RED TAPE+//
MELADY HAHR*2A313983 16 Aug 1994 Mare Chestnut HIGH HOPES++/
VAN ADORE HAHR*2A325493 22 Feb 1996 Gelding Chestnut ZODIAC MATADOR+

Van-Canadian Top Ten Half Arab Eng Pl (1993), was alive in 2008 as that's when his current owner bought him
Cann Cann - died at age 2 in 1991, no show record
Vannah - no show record, never left the ownership of her breeder (who is now not involved with Arabians)
Ms Scarlette++// - 9 National wins, the most recent a Can Top Ten in hunt pleasure last year. Titles won in hunt pleasure, english sidesaddle and native costume (she's the 2001 Canadian Res Nat Ch Half-Arabian Eng Sidesaddle)
Melady - 2001 Region 1 Res Ch Half-Arabian Eng Pl AOTR and Native Costume (no death date reported)
Van Adore - no show record (last owner bought him in 1999)

Hope that helps.

Wow, thanks for info. too bad she did not produce more offspring, or any stallions that could of "bred on" at least for half arab divisions, or the couple you mentioned that apparently were not shown/used/bred, to possible potential.

#5 S&D Sport Horse

S&D Sport Horse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

I have seen this mare perform twice in person, once in KY and then again at the Buckeye, both times she was Park Champ. How could she be anything else? Just an amazing athlete, thought she was going to hook her hoof on the top rail in Freedom Hall during the victory pass!!!

Please post the youtube link when it is available.
Home of:
Bandos Las Ladd (*Bandos PASB x B Lovely ~ *Aladddinn) 1988 Grey Stallion
Alken (Ganges x Alkina) 2005 Black Bay Colt
Aabsolutely Five Star (Aabsolut x FS Evita ~ RD Five Star) 2007 Chestnut Colt

and their women (to name a few):
Willatra MSC (Traditio x Willa)
CR Milliegramm+ (Monogramm x CR Wind Moriah ~ Muslin & Sotep)
Wojllatra (Wojslaw x Willatra MSC)
FS Evita (RD Five Star x Patraska)
Wronica Lech (Lech PASB x *Wrona ~ Namiet)
Naproshka (*Procent x Nikiska ~ Nasmeshnik)
Miss Independence SF (RD Five Star x Carillon CC ~ Moment & Muscat)

www.sdsporthorse.com

#6 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

I'm working on it. I'm not the handiest with the copy machine, but this is good practice. I've got some time this afternoon. I'll let you know!

#7 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

OK, here she is. Remember the tape is at least 16 years old and a copy of a copy. The DVD took out some more of the quality, but she still gives you goose bumps.

if this doesn't work, just search Countess Vanessa.

#8 a-rapian

a-rapian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (mhtokay @ Aug 23 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, here she is. Remember the tape is at least 16 years old and a copy of a copy. The DVD took out some more of the quality, but she still gives you goose bumps.

if this doesn't work, just search Countess Vanessa.

Oh thank you ,thank you, it came in great for me, I may get that one from Seehorse video, or of her 80's wins, not sure, as there are several to choose from ( yrs of nationals ) that was great to watch !!!!

#9 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (a-rapian @ Aug 23 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh thank you ,thank you, it came in great for me, I may get that one from Seehorse video, or of her 80's wins, not sure, as there are several to choose from ( yrs of nationals ) that was great to watch !!!!

I watched the 1997 one on youtube, but it showed very little of her, as it was done for the winner.

#10 S&D Sport Horse

S&D Sport Horse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:05 AM

Magnificent, thank you, good enough to bring back the memories of being there in person.

Funny story, my mom and I were walking around the warm up area earlier in the day and my mom walks up to this guy who had just gotten off of his horse and asks him who the horse is and he says Countess Vanessa, so my mom says ok we will watch and cheer for her and he says .... might as well, everyone else will be. Well we had no clue who she was and when she went in the ring, I told my mom ... that is the horse and guy you were talking too and he was right everyone was cheering for them!!!
Home of:
Bandos Las Ladd (*Bandos PASB x B Lovely ~ *Aladddinn) 1988 Grey Stallion
Alken (Ganges x Alkina) 2005 Black Bay Colt
Aabsolutely Five Star (Aabsolut x FS Evita ~ RD Five Star) 2007 Chestnut Colt

and their women (to name a few):
Willatra MSC (Traditio x Willa)
CR Milliegramm+ (Monogramm x CR Wind Moriah ~ Muslin & Sotep)
Wojllatra (Wojslaw x Willatra MSC)
FS Evita (RD Five Star x Patraska)
Wronica Lech (Lech PASB x *Wrona ~ Namiet)
Naproshka (*Procent x Nikiska ~ Nasmeshnik)
Miss Independence SF (RD Five Star x Carillon CC ~ Moment & Muscat)

www.sdsporthorse.com