Photo

Who is the all time Leading Spanish Sire?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 sidjesidi

sidjesidi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

Though by "statistics" and this thread he would not be included, but my Pure Spanish choice would be *Sidi-Brahim...a sire of offspring continuing the generation of true working horses, who continue to carry on the Arabian beauty. So many of the Pure Spanish stallions are greats, yet so few in the breed, each carrying special unique strengths of characteristics. You can talk stats all day long...I guess I feel as my grandmother Marge Tone use to tell me "ribbons and trophies do not mean a thing to me, and not interested in reading it either"...

#22 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

Though by "statistics" and this thread he would not be included, but my Pure Spanish choice would be *Sidi-Brahim...a sire of offspring continuing the generation of true working horses, who continue to carry on the Arabian beauty. So many of the Pure Spanish stallions are greats, yet so few in the breed, each carrying special unique strengths of characteristics. You can talk stats all day long...I guess I feel as my grandmother Marge Tone use to tell me "ribbons and trophies do not mean a thing to me, and not interested in reading it either"...

Terry, I am sorry you don't value what I have posted here-I have extensive research on *Sidi Brahim and have been a long time fan of his. Other relatives of yours seem very grateful when I post on the Fadjur Facebook page with statistics, however!

Please contact me if you want to see information on *Sidi Brahim. He may not qualify as one of the three all time leading Spanish sires as I have posted here but he is a significant horse both inside and outside of the Spanish lines.
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#23 sidjesidi

sidjesidi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yes, some family members do enjoy your statistics regarding the Fabulous Fadjur...which is wonderful for them to have, and memories of a one and only stallion... Fadjur, who paired up with my father in the show arena, created many Championships that still hold records. And so Fadjur has given you much research of incredible individuals.

Regarding *Sidi-Brahim...I would not care if he was last on your "list" of Spanish sires. Being of Iberian blood which has been known for centuries for the riding qualities, stength, mind and beauty, mean more to us than standing in front of them with a whip scaring them to death Halter Championship... which proves to me he is the ultimate stallion...and I do thank you for your compliments of him, and many wishes for happiness in your daily statistics work!

#24 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Yes, some family members do enjoy your statistics regarding the Fabulous Fadjur...which is wonderful for them to have, and memories of a one and only stallion... Fadjur, who paired up with my father in the show arena, created many Championships that still hold records. And so Fadjur has given you much research of incredible individuals.

Regarding *Sidi-Brahim...I would not care if he was last on your "list" of Spanish sires. Being of Iberian blood which has been known for centuries for the riding qualities, stength, mind and beauty, mean more to us than standing in front of them with a whip scaring them to death Halter Championship... which proves to me he is the ultimate stallion...and I do thank you for your compliments of him, and many wishes for happiness in your daily statistics work!

Here is some information on *Sidi Brahim in a writeup which I hope you enjoy. I am not only a statistician, you should take the time to get to know me before drawing conclusions about what I personally value.

ARLENE MAGID
PEDIGREE RESEARCH
Email Arabbits@aol.com
SUE SIDI SUE

SUE SIDI SUE is a Most Classic Head winner. She is a full sister to Most Classic Head winner FADS OH SIDZANA and to western pleasure blue ribbon winner PRIDI WOMAN. She is a 3/4 sister to multi-halter champion JULLIETTE (who is by a son of *SIDI BRAHIM out of FADJURS SUZANNE while SUE SIDI SUE is by *SIDI BRAHIM out of FADJURS SUZANNE). SUE SIDI SUE is also a full blood sister to native costume and country pleasure champion SIDS FAD ZORRO and to halter, western pleasure and native costume champion BAH SHAN, sire of 8 time National winner in Half-Arabian western pleasure and western sidesaddle SHA-JURZANA+/). She is a maternal sister to champion producer CR CELESTIAL PSYCHE.

SUE SIDI SUE represents the very successful nick of the Spanish stallion *SIDI-BRAHIM on a FADJUR bred mare (her dam is both a daughter and granddaughter of FADJUR). This cross has also produced U.S. Reserve National Champion Working Cow Horse and Top Ten Reining SID CUATE, SIDS MAGIC FAD (dam of U.S. Reserve National Champion Sporthorse Jackpot Colt MAGIC SSHOW), SIDS MARJURI (dam of 5 champions including Canadian Top Ten Futurity Colt and multi champion in Europe SANDSTORM JC (sire of 2007 European Champion Stallion BS SPECIFIC), SIDIA (dam of U.S. Top Ten Sport Horse Under Saddle Junior Horse ROHARA JIAPUR, who is also a blue ribbon winner in dressage), SIDS FAD LOVE (dam of AVA STRIKING, sire of U.S. Reserve National Champion Informal Combination and multi-top ten English pleasure winner STRIKING FIRE+/), BAH SHAN (sire of SHA-JURZANA+/, a Half-Arabian who has 8 National titles including U.S. Reserve National Champion Western Sidesaddle JTR), DIRDI DANCER (sire of 7 time Sporthorse National winner BENITO SIDIAGO++/), and SPANISH BRANDI (dam of Canadian Top Ten Futurity Filly SPANISH EMPRESS). 2005 Canadian Top Ten Junior Mare WH SILHOUTTE and 2008 Canadian Top Ten Mare WH SASSHAIKHIN are out of a mare who is a granddaughter of a *SIDI BRAHIM/FADJUR stallion. 2009 U.S. and Canadian Top Ten Futurity Colt PS ANDIAMO is a maternal grandson of SIDCERELY YOURS, who is by *SIDI BRAHIM out of a double FADJUR mare. 2010 U.S. Top Ten Sport Horse Mare ALLEGROS MELODY is out of a mare is out of TS FOOLISH APRIL, whose sire FAD TRISON is by *SIDI BRAHIM out of a double FADJUR mare.

In addition to the National winner and National winner producers mentioned above, *SIDI-BRAHIM also sired Canadian Top Ten Futurity Filly SIDAIR and U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure AOTR 18-39 KHEMO-BRAHIM H. *SIDI-BRAHIM is a full brother to *ISISS, dam of U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure Junior Horse and Western Pleasure CLASSIS, Canadian Top Ten Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse and U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure Junior Horse EC ISABEL+ and of *BETYS+//, whose 23 National titles include 9 National Championship or Reserves in hunter over fences. *SIDI-BRAHIM is also a maternal brother to GRAZALEMA, dam of National winner producer *MEDINA AZAHARA (granddam of multi-National Champion MAGNUM PSYCHE, one of the breed’s leading living sires of National winners).

*SIDI BRAHIM is by JACIO, also sire of *GG SAMIR (sire of 24 National winners including National Champions in halter, western pleasure, pleasure driving and hunter over fences). JACIO is by National winner sire TABAL, sire of Canadian Top Ten Mare *TADURIA DE WASHOE, Spanish National Champion Stallion and National winner sire *FIGUROSO, BETELGEUSE (dam of National Champion sire *VALLEHERMOSO), and *ESTOPA (dam of U.S. and Canadian Top Ten Stallion *EL SHAKLAN). JACIO’s dam TEORICA is a full sister to ORIVE, maternal grandsire of U.S. and Canadian National Champion Mare and U.S. National Champion Pleasure Driving *ABHA HAMIR++. ORIVE is also the paternal grandsire of Spanish National Champion Stallion *EL JUATOR and Spanish National Champion Mare *MARSALA. TEORICA is a paternal sister to National winner producer *RAPAZA and to *SAUCE II (dam of *OROMANA, dam of 2 National winners and third dam of U.S. and Canadian National Champion Stallion WN ULTIMATE STAR).

*SIDI-BRAHIM is out of DALIA IV, dam of National Champion producer *ISISS and fourth dam of multi-National Champion MAGNUM PSYCHE. DALIA IV is inbred to MAQUILLO, sire of 5 producers of North American National winners including *OROMANA, *SABIDURIA (dam of 3 National winners in halter and hunter over fences), and BAMBU (sire of multi-National Champion *ABHA HAMIR++/, already mentioned).

SUE SIDI SUE is out of champion producer FADJURS SUZANNE, who is inbred to FADJUR. At the 2010 U.S. Nationals, 51 National Champions traced to FADJUR. Nine of these won in halter and 42 in performance (winning a total of 50 National Championships in performance). FADJUR descended horses won National Championships in all performance disciplines offered at the show, including English pleasure, pleasure driving, country pleasure, native costume, show hack, hunt pleasure, western pleasure, trail, cutting, working cow horse and reined cow horse. A number of winners carried multiple lines to FADJUR as does FADZ DANI. Those with 2 lines to FADJUR include U.S. National Champion Hunt Pleasure Select ATR TOTALLY FAME, U.S. National Champion Western Pleasure WC LAREDO, U.S. National Champion Western Pleasure Junior Horse DANCIN TO VICTORY, U.S.. National Champion Western Pleasure Maturity AOTR and Reserve National Champion Western Pleasure Junior Horse ONYX A, U.S. National Champion Futurity Cutting VALLEJO CYLVER MOON, U.S. Reserve National Champion Cutting Novice Horse RCC DAKOTA STORM, U.S. Reserve National Champion Open Cutting KALDAREYN, and U.S. Reserve National Champion Working Cow Horse CHENEL SERA. 2010 U.S. National Champions with 3 lines to FADJUR are U.S. National Champion Futurity Filly MISS GIOVANNA, U.S. Reserve National Champion Futurity Gelding SIR HAMPTON AC, U.S. Reserve National Champion Western Pleasure Futurity SUNSTORMM, U.S. National Champion Western Pleasure AOTR 55/Over, and U.S. National Champion Trail AOTR and Reserve National Champion Trail AGRACIE GIRL V+++/. U.S. Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure Futurity JULYANNA has 4 lines to FADJUR.

FADJUR has become one of the breed’s most influential sires through a number of sources. U.S. and Canadian National Champion Stallion and Western Pleasure KHEMOSABI++++/, for many years the breed’s leading living sire of champions, is a maternal grandson of FADJUR. U.S. Top Ten Park AFIRE BEY V, the breed’s all time leading sire of National winners, is out of a FADJUR granddaughter. U.S. National Champion Stallions ALI JAMAAL and ECHO MAGNIFFICOO both trace to FADJUR. SUNDANCE KID V, the leading living sire of National Champions in hunt pleasure and western pleasure in 2009, has two lines to FADJUR. Twice U.S. Reserve National Champion Stallion FADJUR sired 18 National winners. 11 FADJUR daughters are on the Arabian Horse World Aristocrat list of mares who have produced 4 or more foals who are champions, race winners, or significant endurance horses. As of September 2009, FADJUR ranks fourth as a sire of Aristocrat mares.

FADJURS SUZANNE is out of halter champion FADZANA, dam of FADJURS SUZANNE’s full sisters, champion producers FADJURS LOVE (dam of multi-performance champion SIDS FAD ZORRO) and FADJURZANA (dam of multi-performance champion and National Champion sire BAH SHAN). FADZANA represents the very successful nick of FADJUR on SURANAZEM, a cross that produced 4 champions including 1969 Canadian Top Ten Mare and 1970 U.S. National Champion Pleasure Driving MARJANAZEM++, halter champions JURANAZEM, FADZANA and FADJEM. This nick has produced champion producers including FADJEM, FADSURANY and regional champion sire ZEMJUR. MARJANAZEM++ is the dam of 1974 Region 3 Top Five Park and halter and native costume champion IBN FADJURZ (by the FADJUR son IBN FADJUR). FADAMAZE is the dam of native costume champion PN MIRIAH. Also of the FADJUR/SURANAZEM cross is FADAMAZE, the third dam of U.S. Top Ten Stallion AOTH and multi-regional western pleasure winner RB MENESSON. Three times U.S. Top Ten English and Country Pleasure Pleasure BA BAY ALLIAZH+ traces in tail female to FADAMAZE.

FADZANA represents the nick of FADJUR on a daughter of SUREYN, making her a 3/4 sister to U.S. National Champion Futurity Cutting SURAFAD and to KARELIA (dam of 3 National winners in halter and western pleasure). KARELIA is the maternal granddam of one of the breed’s all time leading dam of champions, TW FORTEYNA, whose 14 champions including U.S. National Champion Mares SHAHTEYNA and BEY TEYNA. KARELIA’s maternal grandson ZIMBOLIC PGN is the 2006 U.S. National Champion Western Pleasure. MARJIANAZEM TU is also a 3/4 sister to National Champion sire SIR FADJUR, who is by FADJUR out of her maternal granddam MEHANAZEM.

SURANAZEM, a western pleasure reserve champion, is a 3/4 sister to U.S. Top Ten Gelding and Western Pleasure GHARIZEM++ (who is by a son of her sire out of her dam). She is a maternal sister to 3 National winner producers: SIR FADJUR (sire of U.S. Reserve National Champion Western Pleasure JOTR SIRLIN+/), to Canadian Reserve National Champion Mare JUBILANA (dam of twice U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure AOTR JUBILLAD+/ and of U.S. Top Five Futurity Filly PURE MAGIC) and National Champion producer JUBANA (dam of U.S. National Champion Futurity Colt and Top Ten English Pleasure HAVOC++++//). SURANAZEM is also a maternal sister to BINT MEHANAZEM (by FADJUR), dam of 2 winners by FADJUR sons: halter and western pleasure champion STARZ O FAD and most classic head winner BOYO BOY FADJUR. SUE SIDI SUE has a wonderful heritage!
</p>

#25 sidjesidi

sidjesidi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Arlene, I did not mean to insult you here, and to be honest...I really do not care to even read these stats...What I was trying to get across was the Spanish stallions are truly rare, and all have added so much to the breed of the Arabian Horse. This is your job and your love, which is great for you. I never meant personal towards you...

I just wonder when is the Arabian Breed going to get beyond ribbons and stats. With the question continually being asked "where is the breed going to?"

Terry Polk

#26 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

Arlene, I did not mean to insult you here, and to be honest...I really do not care to even read these stats...What I was trying to get across was the Spanish stallions are truly rare, and all have added so much to the breed of the Arabian Horse. This is your job and your love, which is great for you. I never meant personal towards you...

I just wonder when is the Arabian Breed going to get beyond ribbons and stats. With the question continually being asked "where is the breed going to?"

Terry Polk

Thanks for your explanation, Terry. I too wonder where the breed is going now and worry about it daily. I think there are a great many people who are quietly enjoying their horses who do not participate on internet forums, email lists, or Facebook.

Have you ever spoken to Joy of Summerwind Arabians? Few people I've met have her passion for her horses and she is determined to preserve the best of the straight Spanish lines.
</p>

#27 sidjesidi

sidjesidi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for your explanation, Terry. I too wonder where the breed is going now and worry about it daily. I think there are a great many people who are quietly enjoying their horses who do not participate on internet forums, email lists, or Facebook.

Have you ever spoken to Joy of Summerwind Arabians? Few people I've met have her passion for her horses and she is determined to preserve the best of the straight Spanish lines.

Yes, I have spoken with Joy, and know her well. She is dedicated to her Spanish loves, which is beautiful to see!

And yes, there are so many people who are out there just loving every second of life with their Arabian beauties, and I am sure the Arabian prefers them to be spending the time with them, rather than here on the Internet! Thank you...

Terry Polk
Los Acres

#28 Fadtastic

Fadtastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

What a thrill to see the write up, on one of my past loves, Sue Sidi Sue.
Kris
Fadjur / *Sidi Brahim lines
Home of Nobilidi, SCID and CA clear
http://fad123.multiply.com/