Photo

Who is the all time Leading Spanish Sire?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#11 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

Thank you Arlene.Spanish is my all time favorite.I would love to know the percentage of National winners with Spanish blood versus the percentage of pure Spanish horses registered.My favorites were Retador and Sasaki.
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#12 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

As many here know, I've maintained records independently of IAHA and later AHA since the 1960s when I first fell in love with the breed. I have all the US published Arabian magazines back to the first issue of Arabian Horse News in 1948, and they printed results of many shows in the early days, not just regionals, Scottsdale and Nationals as are done now. I also have the IAHA Yearbooks (which ceased publication in 1983), which contained results for all shows held in the years 1953-1983. So my records predate a lot of what is found on Datasource (which only goes back to 1986, and which misses many of the early champions for all of the above mentioned stallions). I am mentioning all this because I want people to realize how extensive my database is and that it has information from before AHA's records start on Datasource.

So-here are the statistics (through the end of the 2008 show season, this year may change some numbers)

*Barich De Washoe-469 registered get (highest number of get)
83 champions (ranks third on champion total)
20 National winners (ranks third on National winner total)
35 producers of National winners (ranks first on number of National winner producing
offspring)

*AN Malik - 430 get (ranks third in number of get)
112 champions (ranks second in number of champions)
33 National winners (ranks first in number of National winners sired)
11 producers of National winners (ranks third in this category)

*GG Samir - 443 get (ranks second in number of get)
124 champions (ranks first in number of champions)
24 National winners (ranks second in number of National winners)
24 producers of National winners (ranks second in this category)

So, *AN Malik is the leading sire of National winners, *GG Samir the leading sire of champions, and *Barich has the highest number of get who have produced National winners.

On percentages, *AN Malik has the highest percentage of champions from his registered get (26%) with *GG Samir the runner up with 25% and *Barich De Washoe has 17%.

Hope this information is useful and I welcome discussion.

Please, if you re-use my statistics, give me credit for them though! Many people don't realize that this sort of information is copyrighted intellectual property and credit must be given (for those of you who already know this, I apologize for mentioning it<grin>). I want to share my information here as and when I can, to help everyone who loves Spanish horses learn more.

When I look at my filly Evienne ( by Eden C) , I can certainly see the An Malik influence that's in her dam line for her smoothness of body. So thank-you very much Spanish lines and Arlene for posting this info. Photo was taken of her straight out of the pasture.

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#13 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

I have just updated these statistics to reflect numbers through 2010-hope this is of interest!
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#14 AuburnRose87

AuburnRose87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

i found an old newspaper thing in my grandmas basement today,it's called The Arabian Horse Express.IN IT IS AN AD FOR A *Barich de Washoe son,Tampico.Did he do anything??

i found an old newspaper thing in my grandmas basement today,it's called The Arabian Horse Express.IN IT IS AN AD FOR A *Barich de Washoe son,Tampico.Did he do anything??this newspaper came out in Nov of 85

#15 valleyhorsecenter

valleyhorsecenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

OOh! Shameless plug!! I have a Maravillo (Barich de Washoe out of Comar Bay Beau dtr) son here out of a polish *Escudo dtr needing a home!! 18yo and a stallion, but also broke to ride. Only one foal, 2yrs ago, but not for any reason except for he hasn't been bred!! Anyone interested??? (Sorry Arlene, couldn't help myself as he just got dumped on me for a big board bill and needs a home!!)
http://www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Breeding, training and presenting the "complete Arabian!"

Posted Image

#16 El Zahir Arabians

El Zahir Arabians

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

My favourites are Uzacur and Galero, respectively, the base and consolidation sires of Diego Mendez' stud farm. Diego was a really great breeder, having won the World Championships FOUR times. :)

And, of course, I also have great respect for Estopa's sire: Tabal.

Best regards

#17 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

*AN Malik has always been my personal favorite of the bunch...

Several of our stallions have a line to Spanish.

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#18 Susanrae

Susanrae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

Thank you Arlene.Spanish is my all time favorite.I would love to know the percentage of National winners with Spanish blood versus the percentage of pure Spanish horses registered.My favorites were Retador and Sasaki.

I have a Barich daughter, a Retador daughter, two Retador granddaughers. Every single horse in my barn is Spanish related, including Donatello K, except three. If and when I ever purchase another mare she will be straight Spanish, to bring some blood up close again. Love these horses as outcrosses on my horses. Love the size substance, dispositions and the Spanish EYES.

#19 Susanrae

Susanrae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

I have a Barich daughter, a Retador daughter, two Retador granddaughers. Every single horse in my barn is Spanish related, including Donatello K, except three. If and when I ever purchase another mare she will be straight Spanish, to bring some blood up close again. Love these horses as outcrosses on my horses. Love the size substance, dispositions and the Spanish EYES.

#20 Emmalou

Emmalou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

Interesting.

My very first horse was an AN Malik daughter. Considering she was a 12 year old who'd only been broke for 6 months and I was a 12 year old who had only been riding for a few years, she was a wonderful girl and took such good care of me. Beautiful to boot. :)