Photo

Western Cdn Breeders 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Did anyone get pics? I missed most of the show, including our own classes, as I was busy trying my best at grooming horses this weekend. I got to see Bailey's classes and a couple others, but I got very few pics sad.gif

Bailey & Parker warming up:

Parker_3.JPG

The kids of Cara Arabians:

Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#22 daretodreamfarm

daretodreamfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

I was extremely pleased with my 2 horses..smile.gif I could not have asked for a better behaved stallion...Jessie was amazing this weekend...we could only show in the Aurora show and we placed fairly well in all of our classes, and they all were a very respectable size. We went and accomplished exactly what I was hoping for...smile.gif I was also very proud of our yearling filly, DTD Jess A Dream, she was a nervous wreck at the show!!! lol But we got through our classes and came home with a Top 6 in the Yearling Futurity. I can't tell you how proud I am of Renee and DTD jess Dancin, it was Renee's very first time showing in MR halter and she did a great job! I wil post a pic of Renee and Dan...I did take alot of pics at the show but it will be awhile before I can post any...I am SOOOO behind in getting pics done...have to go oldest to newest!
Amanda

Home of:
FSF Jesse James
*Marwan Al Shaqab x FSF Marquessa

Posted Image
Region 17 Champion 2 Yr Old Colt
Region 17 Champion Stallion ATH
Region 7 Top Five Western Pleasure Junior Horse
Region 1 Top Five Western Pleasure Junior Horse

www.daretodreamfarm.ca

#23 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

Thanks Amanda! I had a great show...although I was a nervous wreck haha. I don't think I was ever that nervous during an under saddle class before....halter is way scarrier LOL

My boy was a total sweetie though...temperment of gold Im tellin ya. I actually thought he was SICK for a while because he was so mellow...he spent most of the days sleeping, not caring about the horses and comotion all about lol. Im sure I was irritating him waking him up all the time. Sleepy Stallion is kind of contrary to that MR halter immage lmao...the hazing and bags made him jump once, and then just produced dirty looks from him like "HEY, quit that its annoying" LOL. He DID show well...although he decided it was time to "play" and "show off" during the SPORT HORSE classes where he SHOULD have been mellow...oooof cooourse. The judge had a chuckle at me, but he still did VERY well even though his trot resembled a kangaroo on redbull. LOL He got three firsts and a second in the Aurora show and then fururity champion, and champion stallion. I was so pleased. Actually...I didnt know if it was us or not that won, as Im bad at math and thought perhaps I'd added the scores wrong...luckily a lady in the crowd along the rail confirmed that yes...it was me. Then after my photo, I went to walk out and the photographer and presenters yelled NOO NOO you have to do a victory lap!! OOOH DUUUH...haha ...I think they could tell I was a newbie at the halter thing!! BUT I did actually enjoy the last couple classes...nerves were not so bad. Dan calmed me down!

Thanks for encouraging me to go Amanda!! I likely would not have otherwise!

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#24 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:45 AM

I really enjoyed seeing Parkside and Bailey do their thing. I remember quite well Parkside when he was growing up and winning his Regional Reserve Championship in halter as a 2 yr. old.

I really think these 2 have a very winning future coming up with HP as the first component of the trip.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#25 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Montego @ Jun 15 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Avalon did great with Vanessa in the H/A open western pl and ended up third. The female judge had her in the reserve champion spot! Vanessa has just done a fabulous job with her this year and tons of people were telling me how good she looked (my horse I mean LOL) The other horses were all top class so it was very exciting for me! Watched the class (I taped it) about 4 time after I got back from the vets and was thrilled with both of them!

Seemed like I kept missing Avalon show Julie but I did see the tail end of this ride and thought she looked very very good. Most of the performance classes were deep with WP definitely leading the way.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

#26 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Bob @ Jun 18 2009, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really enjoyed seeing Parkside and Bailey do their thing. I remember quite well Parkside when he was growing up and winning his Regional Reserve Championship in halter as a 2 yr. old.

I really think these 2 have a very winning future coming up with HP as the first component of the trip.

Thanks Bob smile.gif

I think when they get it together they will be fabulous!! They have a ways to go, but they did pretty marvelous for their first time out! She's only 14 so they have 3 years of Junior to practice wink.gif

She'll probably show him in halter at MJ. Neither she or Parker were schooled for halter yet for this show. Parker remembers most of it, but Bailey needs practice yet. Can't wait for Lucho to arrive!!! Coincidentally, it was Movado that beat him in the halter ring as a 2 year old! Wish I could have seen that. Bailey is a very lucky girl for having been given the opportunity to work with both of them biggrin.gif

Parker is very different than Movado. I'm loving that he's challenging her a bit and forcing her to become a better rider. Moe took care of her and knew exactly what to do, with Parker she has to work a bit more, which is a good thing biggrin.gif

She's already asking how she can earn enough points to go to Nationals !!!! Even though the plan was to forego Regionals this year, she's on me to let them go ........ I need a better $$ tree!!!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#27 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (daretodreamfarm @ Jun 16 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was extremely pleased with my 2 horses..smile.gif I could not have asked for a better behaved stallion...Jessie was amazing this weekend...we could only show in the Aurora show and we placed fairly well in all of our classes, and they all were a very respectable size. We went and accomplished exactly what I was hoping for...smile.gif I was also very proud of our yearling filly, DTD Jess A Dream, she was a nervous wreck at the show!!! lol But we got through our classes and came home with a Top 6 in the Yearling Futurity. I can't tell you how proud I am of Renee and DTD jess Dancin, it was Renee's very first time showing in MR halter and she did a great job! I wil post a pic of Renee and Dan...I did take alot of pics at the show but it will be awhile before I can post any...I am SOOOO behind in getting pics done...have to go oldest to newest!
Amanda

Amanda, I thought you and Jesse looked good and did well against some very deep and experienced WP horses and riders. You are very right about your boy's temperament and attitude as well as that of his foals that were there. Congratulations!!

Big Congratulations to Renee as well on doing so excellant!! Very well done!! Any plans for Regina now, Renee, with your boy?

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

#28 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:06 PM

Bob, no futher plans for halter...he'll start his under saddle training this fall, and hopefully be out and about at least getting a practice start next season. Thats about all I wanted to do for halter with him. If we are out for performance may do some more halter as well later on. I am very happy with him. I don't want to push/stress him too hard, he's just a young boy, and needs to know how to be a horse. He's enjoyingh is turnout with the geldings in the pasture right now.

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#29 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

Here are a few pictures of our bred and raised boy, WV Maximus Jamaal, with his new owner, Sierra Moritz.

Max and Sierra ended up as WCB Champions in both Show Hack Open and CEP AAOTR.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

#30 daretodreamfarm

daretodreamfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:13 AM

Working on some Aurora show pics...some are okay, tough in an indoor arena without a flash but gave it a try. Leslie, I got some GORGEOUS pics of you...smile.gif
Amanda
Home of:
FSF Jesse James
*Marwan Al Shaqab x FSF Marquessa

Posted Image
Region 17 Champion 2 Yr Old Colt
Region 17 Champion Stallion ATH
Region 7 Top Five Western Pleasure Junior Horse
Region 1 Top Five Western Pleasure Junior Horse

www.daretodreamfarm.ca