Photo

Western Cdn Breeders 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#11 overtime

overtime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Well I am in for pics! you take great shots! I will track you down, or you can find me at kim sewards stalls. I usually am dragging around a wiener dog everywhere so I am easy to spot!

Leslie

#12 daretodreamfarm

daretodreamfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (overtime @ Jun 10 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I am in for pics! you take great shots! I will track you down, or you can find me at kim sewards stalls. I usually am dragging around a wiener dog everywhere so I am easy to spot!

Leslie

Sounds great! I have a couple weiner dogs too! though they wont be coming to the show...Look me up!
Amanda

Home of:
FSF Jesse James
*Marwan Al Shaqab x FSF Marquessa

Posted Image
Region 17 Champion 2 Yr Old Colt
Region 17 Champion Stallion ATH
Region 7 Top Five Western Pleasure Junior Horse
Region 1 Top Five Western Pleasure Junior Horse

www.daretodreamfarm.ca

#13 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

So anyone back home yet who can share some results?

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#14 overtime

overtime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

We had a good show. We top sixed in both the ammy western and the open!!!!
It was a fun show and it was good to see everyone. Our photo shoot with Amanda was great. She is alot of fun. Can't
wait for the pics. I shall put some up when I get them if she will allow me!

Leslie

#15 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Montego @ Jun 10 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG what happened to Movado?

Lost him in February, about the same time as his daddy: Versace (the year before) - same thing sad.gif

We're Home!!!! THANK GAWD !! That was the longest 4 days ever smile.gif I feel for Maegan and Ed who were getting up to head to Region 6 this morning. Got in at 12pm last night.

It's really hard to brag about wins with only one or two horses in a class sad.gif Maybe why people are quiet, or it could be that everyone is still sleeping! The halter classes took an hour on Saturday night. That was very disappointing. There was one class with 4 horses and the rest were all one and 2 horse classes, so sad. I could have pulled out my pasture ornaments and won classes - that is NOT good!

Bailey and Parker started off okay (not great). His first show under saddle and he's never been in the ring with other horses so..... slightly agitated. Got much worse the next day in the 13 horse JTR class, but ended the show VERY well yesterday and had a fantastic ride. Too bad it was just Bailey and Isobelle in the class. We honestly thought Bailey might have won it because KV Once and Again was being a naughty pony for Isobelle during that class and Parker finally got it together and was bang on. We are really happy with how it ended. Not bad for his first show under saddle, and having been standing in a pasture for 8 years !! lol He had shown halter as a 2 year old and went Reserve to Movado, but with so many years off we expected the worst so we are happy he behaved and had no major meltdowns - broke gaits a few times, but if that's the worst of it I'll gladly take it smile.gif

Very glad to be home smile.gif
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#16 Montego

Montego

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:24 AM

I was so sad to hear that about Movado. I fell in love with him when he was at Todds.

I am still too sleepy to post. Got home about 0730 pm and had to do an emergency vet visit with one of my dogs. She tore a gouge in her ear right thru to the cartilage nearly the whole length of her ear sad.gif

The halter classes were small but the quality was excellent and they were great to watch! Todds' run in with Kohlminer was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen in a halter class! He is such a neat horse.

Avalon did great with Vanessa in the H/A open western pl and ended up third. The female judge had her in the reserve champion spot! Vanessa has just done a fabulous job with her this year and tons of people were telling me how good she looked (my horse I mean LOL) The other horses were all top class so it was very exciting for me! Watched the class (I taped it) about 4 time after I got back from the vets and was thrilled with both of them!
Proud owner of:

Avalon (Eternety x MJ Eleanor Rigby)
Region 6 2008
Champion WP JTR
Res Champion H/A S/H Open
Res Ch H/A Mare S/H ATH
Top 5 HA WP Open
Western Cdn Breeders 2008
Res Ch WP Open
Res Ch H/A Halter
Top 3 WP ATR
Region 17 2008
Top 5 H/A WP Open

Montego Jureyn
Reserve National Champion Medium One Dressage

#17 Montego

Montego

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Still sleepy but I will post some of the results I remember. Todd won WP Jr horse on Azkaban and Donna Wrights pretty mare got a top six with Wanda Leubner. Solfyre and Jacelyn Whitley had an awesome weekend. 3 firsts in the Aurora show, 2 championships and a reserve in Breeders (Purebred Hp, SHUS and HP AATR I think) Kohlminer won HA Geldings. Jill Bromley won CEP (ammy) on her terrific young horse Kings Ransum and Kohlminer was reserve with Vanessa Parsons. Maryann Duggans young jr hunter won that championship with Todd. laura Kippen went champion in HP AATR with Ms. Matinee, think she also got a reserve or two. Todd and Kohlminer won open CEP. So Double Your Bet was his usual fantastic self with Todd winning Open HA HP, Andrea winning the amateur class and Isobelle winning the JTR class on him. It's always a treat to watch him in the ring.
Proud owner of:

Avalon (Eternety x MJ Eleanor Rigby)
Region 6 2008
Champion WP JTR
Res Champion H/A S/H Open
Res Ch H/A Mare S/H ATH
Top 5 HA WP Open
Western Cdn Breeders 2008
Res Ch WP Open
Res Ch H/A Halter
Top 3 WP ATR
Region 17 2008
Top 5 H/A WP Open

Montego Jureyn
Reserve National Champion Medium One Dressage

#18 overtime

overtime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

I agree, the halter classes were small but good. On the other hand most of the preformance classes were a good size, and some really nice quality horses. It is nice to see what western Canada can turn out.

#19 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for your recap my lobster friend.

Congrats to all you mentioned

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#20 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Here is what I remember of the halter classes as I neglected to write anything down. If there are any mistakes, I apologize in advance.

Champion Mare- Fames N Parys WA (Sir Fames HBV x Evening N Parys) owned and bred by Ed and Laura Friesen and shown by Maegen Friesen.

Champion Stallion- DTD Jess Dancin ( FSF Jesse James x Gdahlia) owned and shown by Renee Lupien- Smulan and bred by Amanda Ubell

Champion Yearling Filly- RD Allyanna ( DS Major Afire x Alanna) owned and bred by Murray and Shirley Popplewell and shown by Caudinei Machado. Reserve Champion Filly was Luv The Moment (Ames Charisma x Precious Moments) owned and bred by Marg Martin and shown by Todd Ehret.

Champion Yearling Colt- Emotikon (GF Forever Magic x Araya Hope) owned and bred by John Seamone and shown by John as well.

Champion Gelding- RD Solar Thyme ( Pyro Thyme SA x TF Falcons Imprint) owned and bred by Murray and Shirley Popplewell and shown by Claudinei Machado.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net