Photo
- - - - -

*EL NABILA B

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#11 NadiaKA

NadiaKA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:46 AM

I also got to see El Nabila in Scottsdale, fresh off the plane when he was presented at North's in 2006. I love the Nabeg sire line particularly for the hips, substance and beautiful big eyes. I also agree that these lines have what it takes to be successful in the working western & sporthorse disciplines, we have a couple Nabeg-bred colts we're hoping will be proving that in a couple years. Actually on the topic of the athleticism of these lines there is another interesting example of the Egyptian/Russian cross in Nykoli+/ (Ansata Halima Son x *Matsya by Podsnejnik) who has a very impressive record on the track.

Menes breeding has been so successful overseas that a lot of what we had in North America was exported, about the time we were getting started breeding Russian bloodlines we watched sadly as the straight Russian Menes son Menescen left permanently for Europe. Even more sadly we read helplessly this year as the only available straight Russian Menes son that we were aware of in North America was sold through a low end auction to Mexico- despite attempts to locate him and get him out of the home that sent him there.

It was a dream come true for us to be able to lease the straight Russian Menes daughter Sentiment from Cindi Nutter in 2007, we now have a gorgeous 2008 daughter from her and she is back in foal for September.

Here are a couple pictures of El Nabila's sire, Kubinec:

Kubinec's dam, Kosmetika:

And Balaton:

Nadia
Kakagi Arabians
Straight Russian Arabians
Featuring the offspring of *Nefison (Mag x Nefisa)

#12 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

BRILLIANT photo essay on *El Nabila's Russian connections, Nadia-THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

I feel very bad that I can't post photos here to illustrate my work, but my magazines are stored in the garage and my husband has the scanner and can't be bothered to scan anything for me, even if I DO have the photo in the house, alas.

And Blackwatch-I personally strongly recommend these lines for pretty performance horses. I bet *El Nabila B stood out like a rose among thorns at the North Open House. I was very friendly some years ago with the woman who bred the sire of *Sir Fames HBV. She was thrilled to get that colt sold to Brazil (where he was named Reserve National Champion Stallion, no less) because his forelegs were so bad she didn't want people seeing him and thinking he was typical of her breeding program!!! In all of his photos from Brazil the leg issues are glaringly obvious...guess the Norths or their agents (read: in house trainers) can't properly evaluate conformation. Or maybe they didn't care, figuring most people would not bother about the offset legs as they deal with the halter market, not performance horses...and maybe they thought their stallion would NOT pass along his sire's faults. This is why I continually preach you need to know the good and bad traits in pedigrees for a number of generations-because some of the bad stuff can come out...and breeding a horse with bad legs in the background to another with identical leg faults in its pedigree, even if the individuals mated don't have the fault-is asking for trouble.

Lodestar tends to lessen white from what I have seen so your mare would probably not have a wild white foal if bred to *El Nabila B...but I thought you don't like grey LOL.
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#13 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:46 AM

Wow, Nadia thank you for the stunning photos!

Arlene, yes, its nutty but I don't like grays until they turn nice and white, thus I'd rather not raise a gray foal. BUT I could always make an exception.

I furiously dug around the net for Kubinec's current situation and see frozen semen is available from Kossack Stud in Holland. Sigh. Maybe next year. Also I found out that FS Bengali went to a private farm somewhere in Poland.

I love Kubinec's white marks! Sort of reminds me of old times Crabbett.

Was wondering about the style of hindquarters on this bloodline. Reminds me of Aswan a bit? I don't have the proper terminology to describe what I mean. Kubinec and Nabila seem to have "more" in their front end than in their rear end? In comparison, say, Khemosabi had a different shape and seemed balanced fore and aft? Or am I talking out my yin-yang?

My Des V/Khemo mare is of the Khemo type, more flat-crouped, while my Polish-y Lodestar mare is rounder--reminds me more of the Russian/Egyptian horses. And she is the smoother, better athlete too.

Now I want to look at the Menes horses some more.

#14 ArabianFancy

ArabianFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:04 AM

LOVE this horse! Not just another pretty face!
He wears my new "Ice" line well too! wink.gif
nab.jpg

Gina Roland Dupree
"With God, ALL Things Are Possible"

ArabianFancy.com Custom Hand Made Arabian Halters and Tack

Posted Image

#15 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Arlene Magid @ May 30 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was very friendly some years ago with the woman who bred the sire of *Sir Fames HBV. She was thrilled to get that colt sold to Brazil (where he was named Reserve National Champion Stallion, no less) because his forelegs were so bad she didn't want people seeing him and thinking he was typical of her breeding program!!! In all of his photos from Brazil the leg issues are glaringly obvious...guess the Norths or their agents (read: in house trainers) can't properly evaluate conformation. Or maybe they didn't care, figuring most people would not bother about the offset legs as they deal with the halter market, not performance horses...and maybe they thought their stallion would NOT pass along his sire's faults. .

Errrr..now that I think about it....why didn't she GELD the colt with bad legs. A bit of profit....bad legs are passed along by/to the unwitting/ignorant

Exactly what kind of breeder knowingly sells an animal for breeding, knowing it has a transmissible fault that is bad for the breed.

Answer: Arabian breeder!

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to own one. I have to explain the wierdness to people and I can't. (Try explaining the eye balding thing to dressage people). Sigh.

#16 Rousseau

Rousseau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

Ffamess was a wonderful Fame VF+ son.

Tara Clark has bred & continues to breed many exceptional horses!

ffamess1.JPG
Christina Rousseau, Agent
C. Jarvis Insurance Agency

A side note; while I hope that the information I have compiled here is useful, if you would like to use this elsewhere, please contact me for permission to reuse it.
© it's not just a "right", it's the LAW!
All content of & provided by Rousseau is PAY-PER-VIEW. Do you need a link to my online payment gateway?
Horse show & event coverage photos only available through my website, Facebook page & approved sources.
SavannaH Bloodstock

Posted Image
Copyright 2010

#17 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Rousseau @ Jun 8 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ffamess was a wonderful Fame VF+ son.

Tara Clark has bred & continues to breed many exceptional horses!

ffamess1.JPG

Clever girl, finding a photo that does not show his horrible front leg honestly...he was NOT an exceptional horse in my book, no animal with bad front legs will EVER BE.

And of course I know you are very biased, because NO Fame horse could possibly be BAD, that would ruin your whole marketing scheme....but any knowledgeable breeder who has been around long enough knows he had his share of not wonderful get too...

Do you DOUBT that Tara was honest with me??? I admired her a great deal because she COULD admit to faults in her horses. I lost touch with her only because of her multiple moves and her own apparent decision to be less high profile. A very good breeder can admit when a horse they have bred is NOT what they want...and Tara did that with me.

<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#18 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Sigh. I must get over being surprised at human nature. Buyer/breeder beware/be educated. Thank you Arlene for being fearless.

#19 Belle's Girl

Belle's Girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Question:
I've noticed this in many different sources: What is the deal with this phobia of white? I've heard it in criticisms of stallions like Enzo and Eden C, and I'm hearing it now with Kubinec. Is it not desirable in the show ring? Why is this?

He is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him. He is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts -- William Shakespeare, Henry V