Photo
- - - - -

Eldans Wotan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#11 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Kelly and Cyclone,
Either of you ever see WOTAN or a photo? I've been interested in him for a while, but haven't inquired about him or his stud fee. Roxanne Rogers' website described him as "massive." I'm wondering if that means height as well as the substance which I would expect of Eldans Wotan offspring.

I love the *Wosk look. He is a wonderful example of doubling the Koheilan Adjuze line using the two branches, through *Pietuszok and *Lotnik. I appreciate that Roxanne Rogers has recognized the speed factor in this combination, noting *Wiking, of course. She also notes Albion, by *Chutor, who had several other race winners to his credit such as Tu and Bunny (grand-daughter).

Interesting that Eldans Wotan didn't sire anything speedy on the track. Kelly, was there any pattern in the dams of these runners? Maybe just not the right nick for him? Did Eldans Wotan, himself, race?

Please share a photo of his son Wotan if you have any.
Andra

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#12 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

Here's the photo I have of Wotan - both substantially built and tall (15.2, if I remember right).

wotan.jpg

I'm not sure about the dams pedigrees - my stats are buried in my closet and I don't have datasource anymore sad.gif If my rugrats give me peace and quiet today/sometime in the forseeable future, I will dig them out and have a look-see.
Kelly Brown

...flying, singing, writing, wierdo

#13 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

While I never was privileged to see Eldans Wotan in person, I do have a granddaughter of his and she is definitely NOT massive. By massive, I am going to guess Roxanne was referring to his substance, depth of body and bone. I believe his then owner, Elgin Schier told me he was an honest 15.1. I know some of his get from Mr. Schier's ownership were raced, one did fairly well and cannot recall that horse's name, but shall look it up. No, he was not particularly known for his racing offspring, but, then...in all fairness to him, IMO<<<<he was rarely, if ever, bred to optimum mares for any specific goal or purpose. What a shame, that!
Kelly has a close relationship w/Roxanne Rogers so perhaps she could talk Ms. Rogers into forwarding a few pictures of Wotan. I, personally, would love to see them as he is most certainly on my short list of stallions to consider as outside breedings for one of my mares! I cannot express my admiration of Eldans Wotan enough! To me, he was yet another Polish treasure that got lost in the proverbial cracks of happenstance and timing...all to his detriment. He was da mned close to perfect, for my tastes.

Cyclone
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#14 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

YOU SOOOOO ROCK, KEL!!! Is that his full registered name, just WOTAN? I can look him up on datasource! NEATO, have never seen a pic of him....GOT to have me one, now! Brb w/pedigree lookup!!

CYKED
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

#15 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

His dam was a *Mellon daughter, whom was out of Babe(not making that up, gack!) who was by *Orzel X *Miroluba. Hardly gets much better than this! YUMMMM....

Cyclone
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

#16 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Wotan and Brazilia (my mare, Boo's dam) had a gorgeous filly last year - it's funny, she and the Wieszczek filly out of Boo have almost identical markings! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cyclone @ Apr 2 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His dam was a *Mellon daughter, whom was out of Babe(not making that up, gack!) who was by *Orzel X *Miroluba. Hardly gets much better than this! YUMMMM....

Cyclone

ML - Wotan is out of the same mare as Fallkon smile.gif

Wotan x ES Brazilia

Attached Thumbnails

• wotanbrazy.jpg

Kelly Brown

#17 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Now, kel....we all know cy lives in a world of POST ITS cos I AIN'T GOT NO MEMORY, dilbert! The stallion renee' mentioned being here in TX, ELDANS ALETAN, is indeed still here and is a full brother to Witnica's dam, Blochers Poula (*Zbrucz X *Abhazja). How cool is all THET??? And just WHERE is this Wotan filly now? And WHY is she not in my pasture? So confused, sighs....

CY...BER...SIM...PUL...TON
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

#18 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Cyclone @ Apr 2 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CY...BER...SIM...PUL...TON

laugh.gif Like it laugh.gif

Kelly Brown

#19 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

That is extremely interesting and informative, thank you so very much Arlene! Kelly, I also read about the horse nicknamed Turtle, how funny but also telling of his racing capabilities! LOL

Renée Safholm

Hunts Classic Polish Arabians

Home of Farenhyte (Algomej x Fellana by Bandos)
and Celzeus (Goliat x Candela by Etap)

#20 wiccanmoonfarm

wiccanmoonfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

my gelding is fro this line on this dam's side Kasmira was owned abd breed by a friend of mine