Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Welcome to our Mini forum !!! :-)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#21 bitrider

bitrider

Rocking Female

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

Those minis are so cute!!!!! th_fathorsey.gif
bitrider

#22 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (YasminOaks @ Mar 10 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a fun forum. smile.gif

I have always loved Miniature Horses and when I was in college I worked at a miniature horse farm part time and loved it so much.
I later on got some really nice minis of my own. I have Ashly Acres Color Me Blue, he is probably about 20+ years old now. I would have to look at his papers. He was a really nice show stallion that was in training with a friend of mine. I had admired him for years and finally bought him. I have two of his daughters, who are both full sisters. Blue is now a gelding. He is turned out with his daughters and mares and is happy.
Then I have 29 year old Komokos Gypsy Lady-- who is a wonderful and gentle mare who has had many nice foals over the years.
Then there are Blues Honey and Blue's Clues-- both full sisters-- one a solid bay and the other a chestnut and white pinto.
Then we have Twilight-- a 24" 2 year old Miniature filly out of Blue's Clues and by Make A Wish Whammy's Little Big John.
And now we have Charm-- a newborn mini filly out of Honey by Cypress Creeks No More Dreamin.

Hugs,
Cathy

What a little DARLING !!!!! Thanks for sharing biggrin.gif

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#23 black star arabians

black star arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ummm can I come in and play???? I don't have a mini but I do have a shetland pony.. does he count as "mini" enough. His name is Bridgettes Little Bit of Magic he is a registered shetland pony. He is almost 9 months old now and will be learning how to pull a cart. Our 4-wheeler died ( thanks to our 19 year old son) so Little Bit is going to be our new "4-wheeler". I would like to show him but shetland shows are not close to us so we will see how the $$ situation is.
This is a picture of Little Bit last summer when he was a lot less hairy.
http://i9.photobucke...01/100_1917.jpg
Jacinta
In the quiet light of the stable, you hear a muffled snort, the stamp of a hoof, a friendly nicker. Gentle eyes inquire, "How was your day old friend?" and suddenly all your troubles fade away.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#24 Ashleigh Schaub

Ashleigh Schaub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

This is so fun! I used to own and train minis, my mare Lady and I had several National Top Tens, and we earned Hall of Fame in Country Pleasure Driving. She was the best mini I ever owned, I miss her! Everyone called her my little Arab b/c she was full of snort and blow and very fancy. I will have to dig up some photos and post them! Everyone's horses are beautiful!
Ashleigh Violet

Proud NEW Owner of:

KM Memory Maker
2008 HA Filly

#25 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (black star arabians @ Mar 11 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm can I come in and play???? I don't have a mini but I do have a shetland pony.. does he count as "mini" enough. His name is Bridgettes Little Bit of Magic he is a registered shetland pony. He is almost 9 months old now and will be learning how to pull a cart. Our 4-wheeler died ( thanks to our 19 year old son) so Little Bit is going to be our new "4-wheeler". I would like to show him but shetland shows are not close to us so we will see how the $$ situation is.
This is a picture of Little Bit last summer when he was a lot less hairy.
http://i9.photobucke...01/100_1917.jpg
Jacinta

Of COURSE you can !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Lil bit is adorable :-) Thanks for sharing and looking forward to his cart training progress :-)

QUOTE (Ashleigh Schaub @ Mar 11 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is so fun! I used to own and train minis, my mare Lady and I had several National Top Tens, and we earned Hall of Fame in Country Pleasure Driving. She was the best mini I ever owned, I miss her! Everyone called her my little Arab b/c she was full of snort and blow and very fancy. I will have to dig up some photos and post them! Everyone's horses are beautiful!

Hi Ashleigh and Welcome !

How fun, I am looking forward to when I get Hercules started driving, I have to order him a driving bit and then I can get started :-) I plan to have him going well enogh to show at Pinto congress in Nov, I think World in June might be pushing it. I hope youu find the pix of Lady, we would love to see them biggrin.gif

#26 dbdg

dbdg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

stormy. he is for sale if you are looking for a nice kids pony

and my other daughters training project

Dianna B.

Its an equipment problem.... there's a nut loose in the saddle

#27 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

I do not have one now, but I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE ponies, all ponies! Learned to ride on three different ones and they are the best, IMO! Am loving watching this thread! I have SUCH a soft spot for ponies!

Cyclone
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#28 dbdg

dbdg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

they are definately teaching my daughters to ride better. they are riding the ponys bareback then when they get on the horses they are posting better. the youngest was a little intimidated by the horses but she is learning how to get after these ponies and then when she gets on her horse now she knows she can do it

Dianna B.

#29 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos !!! Love seeing the kinds with their ponies :-)

I'll have to dig up my daughter with her Welsh, he was a monster :-) but took wonderful care of her and taught her tons !

#30 dbdg

dbdg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

the spotted pony doesnt actually belong to us. he is my daughters first training "horse"LOL! he is half of a matched team that she is working to pay for show shoes for her ASB mare. i told the youngest when we sell the gray that the money goes into her account for her to be able to buy a car when the time comes. she goes out there first thing when she gets home and rides him up the road, gets the mail, and anything else she can think of! she and her sister expect that pony to be part dog, part friend, and mostly a well behaved horse. i think they are doing a good job!

Dianna B.