Photo

What bridle Jr. horse MR?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 BT Ranch

BT Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hey Folks, been a few years. When showing a Jr horse, under 5, what bridle is permissible? We used to use a single rein snaffle with a browband/cavesson that was the same as a double bridle (patent leather colored). I haven't seen one out there in the shows for awhile.
Thanks!
Maria
Raising, training and showing Pet Quality Arabians since 1974.

#2 hemunro

hemunro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

I may be wrong...but normally in junior horse classes you see the double bridle, if the horse is a futurity horse(3 yr old) you will see them in the snaffle bit, and at nationals in the futurity english classes they are in the snaffle bit. I am not sure of the exact rules in the handbook as to what can and cannot be worn, this is just what I see at class A, regional and National level. Hope this helps a bit smile.gif
Heather

"Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself." Author Unknown

#3 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Showing in the snaffle is legal for a Junior Horse. Would suggest you show a few times in the snaffle in case your horse get's a little scared or rowdy. And take your time putting the horse into the full bridle so you don't make him afraid of his face. Had a Parada mare with a huge trot that I showed in a long shank pelham (legal) as she had been bridled poorly and was scared of the full bridle. When I sold her, offered the new owner and trainer use of the pelham but the "trainer" insisted on a full bridle and less than a year later the mare flat quit and refused to trot.

#4 mandi_moo

mandi_moo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Using a snaffle on a Junior horse is fine...it might not be the trend but it is legal!

Best Wishes!

Mandolin LOA+++/
2010 Reg 3 Top Five HA Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 18 & Over
2010 Reg 3 Top Five HA Hunter Pleasure AATR
***2009 DAHA Highpoint HA Grand Champion***
***2009 DAHA Highpoint HA SHIH Champion***
***2009 DAHA Highpoint HA Halter Mares Champion***
***2009 DAHA Highpoint HA English Pleasure Champion***

JDM Pietra
***2009 DAHA Highpoint PB Hunter Pleasure Champion***
2009 Reg 2 Top Five PB Hunter Pl AAOTR 18-35
2009 Reg 3 Top Five PB Hunter Pl AAOTR 18-39

#5 P8N Acres Arabians

P8N Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

What about an argentine snaffle? it is long enough and uses 2 reins. That is what my mare Aravaipaha Nadirah was shown in all through her show carrier. It is gentle and worked well with her? I have also used a full bridle on a stallion I had and shown with a low copper mouth port and snaffle bradoon.
"Where there is a great Love, there are always miracles."

P8N Acres Arabians
Home of Wizare ( Prince Rex x Lady Minstril ) SE, AK , Asil Grey Stallion SHN Payback Stallion, EVA Negative .SCID Clear
TSEA Sharaf Magick ( Tsea Magick x Bint shabbarah ) SE , AK, Asil, Bluelist-Eligible Black Stallion, SHN Payback Stallion, EVA Negative
RAVENWOOD QAHTAHHN ( Qahtahn x Ravenwood Bahiya ) SE, AK, Asil Black Stallion(Full Brother Sold to BAHRAIN )
JJ Diamond Chall ( Magnum Chall HVP x JJ Magnums Diamond) Double Magnum Psyche Bred Chestnut Stallion. Breeders Sweepstakes Nominated Stallion. SCID Clear. CA CLEAR
Terms Available on all breeding's. For more information feel free to visit our website at www.p8nacresarabians.com

AL Khamsa reporter for NY and Surrounding areas.
Please send me your Farm News and I will send it in to the " Khamsat Express "
info@p8nacresarabians.com

#6 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

have you read through the actual rules yet?