Photo

12 yro mare FREE TO GOOD HOME Khemosabi / Bay El Bey bred

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif
Kelly Brown

...flying, singing, writing, wierdo

#22 SheAraArabians

SheAraArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

Bob & I spoke in regard to the mare so it's not like I just randomly decided & it was not within two days of saying I was getting her. My feeling & mind you this is MY personal feelings & has nothing to do with anyone else's but an 18 year old mare should be finished breeding, there are too many things that can go wrong & as for backing out, I have not nor will I back out on the horse I just bought.
I have come to the realization that I owe no one an explanation for my choices except the people directly influenced by them & since none of you own either mare then I owe you nothing. Justa is going to another ABN member & I hope they love her, I AM taking Kitty who will be home soon & the other horse I bought & that's the end of this.
They flag their tails & prance
On high stepping hooves they dance.
Give velvet nose kisses whenever they please
And steal our hearts with ease.
Noble hearts & gentle eyes
Toss their manes to the skies
Free spirit & gentle playmate
Show us how life to best celebrate

We were young & headstrong but we lived our lives with passion.

Mists Of Avalon

#23 polisharabians

polisharabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

18 too old? arabians are known for thier longevity and fertility...I personally know of a draper mare that was rescued during those trying times when that school sent them all to auction.. she was 31!!! when she had a colt 18 for an arabian is just middle age.. if the horse is in good shape.. and looks good.. then she should be fine.. kate my mare was born in 1986 she is having her last foal this year.. not because she cant be bred anymore but because i want to start riding again.. and im waiting till the right colt comes along for me to raise up and breed to her daughter and others i have.

#24 LilMissRodeoQueen

LilMissRodeoQueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

I actually got an email comfirning she's spoken for no if and or buts I DONT KNOW FOR WHO just I inquired before I read this,
Sam
Posted Image

#25 LilMissRodeoQueen

LilMissRodeoQueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

She went Dec 19. Haven't heard anything since so she probably found a permanent home. If I hear of another mare I'll let you know

Thats the email I just recieved...so are you sure about that Maree?? Just Wondering she said she's been gone for awhile now
Sam
Posted Image

#26 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:47 AM

18 too old - i get a laught out of that. Good gosh!!! If everyone thought like that there would be alot more unwanted horses - there is enough out there as it is just because they are "older" doesnt mean they are not usefull anymore....for Breeding, riding, showing etc. More than half my herd is made up of "oldies" age 18 to 30. I wouldnt have it any other way. At 18 you still have quite a few more years of foals from her, iam not saying breed her every darn year until she is 25 but if she is healthy, still breeding sound, in good shape etc iam sure she still WANTS to be a momma a few more times.

Edited to add...I took in an 18 yr old (coming 19 yrs old) PP mare for Free last year from an ABN member. I bred her and if she is open we will breed again and she most definately will be having several more foals and not be retired anytime soon yet!!!
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#27 leon

leon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

I do know who is getting Justa, when they choose to say they are doing so is up to them.
ETA Two of my best mares are 18+ years old and look half their age!

#28 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

A horse is never officially sold, procured till it's on your property , paid for papers in hand.Many of these premature announcements ruin the chances for proper placement of many horses in these very hard economic times.My hope is the people on this board will hold off their (I'm getting a new horse announcements till the horse is shipped and PAID for)
P.S. I got a new mare 2 weeks ago. She is here happy in the pasture with my other mares!

Attached Images

• 1sara_peeking_around_corner.jpg

#29 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:34 AM

Heidi i couldnt agree more!!!
What a lovely new mare you have there!!!
Congrats
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#30 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

well i guess when you post your business on a public forum your going to get questions and since your reputation isn't the greatest im sure you're going to get questioned more

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly