Photo

2009 SILVERAMA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

So I see that the Region 14 qualifier usually held at the GAHA show in early June is no longer going to be happening. Now the question is - - will the Silverama go back to being more than one day long so we can get up there and get those points we need or are we just totally out of luck in trying to show at Region 14 any more? In looking at the show schedules that are up so far, the spring region 14 show in Lexington is exactly the same weekend as one of the main region 12 qualifying shows - - so that will not work for us folks in the deep south.
I do see that one of the Florida shows is probably going to be able to do a double-qualifier show ............ but with region 15. So it may be that we will need to drive right past KHP and visit region 15 this year. (darn, was looking forward to region 14)

#2 judi0052

judi0052

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (siiamese @ Nov 16 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I see that the Region 14 qualifier usually held at the GAHA show in early June is no longer going to be happening. Now the question is - - will the Silverama go back to being more than one day long so we can get up there and get those points we need or are we just totally out of luck in trying to show at Region 14 any more? In looking at the show schedules that are up so far, the spring region 14 show in Lexington is exactly the same weekend as one of the main region 12 qualifying shows - - so that will not work for us folks in the deep south.
I do see that one of the Florida shows is probably going to be able to do a double-qualifier show ............ but with region 15. So it may be that we will need to drive right past KHP and visit region 15 this year. (darn, was looking forward to region 14)

I received a schedule from the stable where my colt is in training and they list the Silverama as being held on the 24th and 25th of June. with Region 14 on the 26th-28th. I haven't seen anything from the sponcers, have they changed it to just one day? I know that they have the Andalusia, AL and the Bluegrass Spring Show at Lexington, KY both scheduled for March 27-29th. I was hoping to hit both Region 12 and 14 this year, but those were the shows that I was going to try to qualify at. Was this just a opps, we messed up, or were these shows scheduled intentionally? I really think it must have been an opps, it only hurts both shows to schedule them at the same time. Judi

Attached Thumbnails

• shinzon_AHA.jpg

Judi

#3 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

they ended up adding a region 14 qualifier to a show in Florida that is held in January - - but for us it is 8+ hours away so no savings on driving far away to qualify. the GAHA show definitely is just for region 12 qualifying - - as is the Alabama show. there are also region 12 qualifying shows in March in Clemson, SC and In Perry, Ga in April. I think that the KY show and the AL show are the same weekend.
Last year they changed the Silverama to just one day - - not sure if they changed it back this year to a longer pre-show or not. if not, I am guessing we will be missing region 14 this year (of course that might mean I could save my pennies and do NSH finals instead)

#4 SPRTHRS

SPRTHRS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

I know that Region 14 & Silverama were moved up a week ahead of last year and the year before. The advantage of this is that we no longer have to show while there are fireworks going off all over the county. While it didn't bother my horse, it made me jump every time I heard the BANG!
Jeanie
MSU Autocracy+++/ (Ohadi Ben Rabba x FV Majestical Gold)
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS ATR w/ Jeanie
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS Open w/ Kim Frederick
2010 Region 13 Top 5 SHIH Open w/ Dale
2009 SHN SHUS Open Finalist (11th) w/ Jeanie
2007 SHN Reserve Champion SHUS Jr. Horse

Magicaul Seekret GOA (Magic Aulrab x Seekret Silouette)
SHN Prospect

#5 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

it looks like this year the regional shows are back on schedule and we will not have region 11, 14, and 15 all the same weekend