Photo

Any shows in PA?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 HAReiner

HAReiner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

Are there any shows that are regularly run in PA? Any scheduled already for next year?

#2 Cobras mom

Cobras mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (HAReiner @ Oct 28 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there any shows that are regularly run in PA? Any scheduled already for next year?

PM Shaddo. His facility is in PA, so he knows what is going on.

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

Armstrong Arabians

#3 jettanna

jettanna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

There are a lot of shows in Pa and in nearby NJ and one in Delaware . Go to AHA and look for Region 15 .there should be a list.Region 16 shows are close too, some in Syracuse which isn't a bad drive.
Kathy

Posted Image

#4 Cobras mom

Cobras mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (jettanna @ Oct 28 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are a lot of shows in Pa and in nearby NJ and one in Delaware . Go to AHA and look for Region 15 .there should be a list.Region 16 shows are close too, some in Syracuse which isn't a bad drive.

Oh duh! Why didn't I think of that?! Glad someone has some brains!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

Armstrong Arabians

#5 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Someone was talking with me about Mason-Dixon (at Quentin) for next year. So maybe that's still going. We want to try and qualify for regionals in reining and it's a pretty close show for us. I actually bought the class last year (a To Be Announced class) and couldn't show as I was up all night with a sick foal! But i think there was another entry.

Go to the AHA site and click around there. They're usually listed there. Also try the Region 15 (region15.com) and they're often posted there since PA is in that region.

Mason Dixon is generally the end of April. Hughesville first part of June, but it's getting smaller, so don't know if they'll continue. They had reining last year. The Hughesville show, I think, is called NC PAHA show? A nice bunch.

Then there's the PAHA.org site. I just went there and didn't see any 2009 dates, but you could probably email 2008's secretaries to see if they know for next year.

#6 spike25

spike25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

PA shows start with a "wild and wooly" schooling show in the early part of spring-somewhere in the mid eastern part of the state. Mason Dixon is the last week of April in Quentin, SW PAHA is mid May in Harlansburg, NC in Hughesville, June, the PAJAG in Dillsburg end of June, and NW at Harlansburg in August. Easrern/East Coast has moved to VA
Beth Thomas
Stone Hollow Sport Horses
Home of National, Regional and Class A Working hunters and sport horses!

#7 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

You may also try USEF.org. Do a search on competitions; some shows have there dates for 2010 and 2011.

#8 BA Asif

BA Asif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:01 AM

http://www.paha.org/events/index.php

Also I was talking to Patt McQuiston and she said that they might have K.I.L.E. this year which is in Harrisburg at the Farm Show Complex.

http://www.agricultu...ite/default.asp
BA Asif
2009 East Coat Champion in Showmanship 14-17
Top 3 Western Horsemanship JTR
Arabian Western PL JTR East Cost Reserve Champion
21 1sts in Arabian Western PL JTR
15 1sts in Open Shows in 2008
Competing in:
Hunter PL
Western PL
Hunter Hack
Working Hunter
Showmanship

One Desire
SHOWTIME 93: Arabian Western PL 1st out of 26
AMAT OWNER TO RIDE SHOW I: Arabian Western PL 1st out of 19

Overall Gymkhana Champion at PAHA SC show at age 25! x3!
Competing in:
Gymkhana
Western PL
Hunter PL
Showmanship

#9 Vintage

Vintage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

PA shows start with a "wild and wooly" schooling show in the early part of spring-somewhere in the mid eastern part of the state. Mason Dixon is the last week of April in Quentin, SW PAHA is mid May in Harlansburg, NC in Hughesville, June, the PAJAG in Dillsburg end of June, and NW at Harlansburg in August. Easrern/East Coast has moved to VA

"Wild and Wooly"? That mean its a show featuring mostly unclipped horses? lol Anyone know anything about this show?

Equine partner:

EA Legacy of Bardonna (Hiba)- '02 PB Bay gelding

#10 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

"Wild and Wooly"? That mean its a show featuring mostly unclipped horses? lol Anyone know anything about this show?

I live in PA -- that show is targeted at amateurs. You don't have to bodyclip (our horses are usually still quite fuzzy that early in the spring) unless you want to and they will not hold it against you. It is a great show to hone your skills (not to mention that of your green horse) against others of the same caliber. Many teaching/coaching seminars, too. Great fun!

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!