Photo
- - - - -

Big bad bison

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#11 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:49 AM

OMG silverdust I can't imagine if your horses spotted them?!!!!!!!!??

#12 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:49 AM

OK Krissyle, the reason he will become burgers is that he is very mean and charges at people and other animals. The other buffalo leave people alone and don't care what is going on during feeding time etc. This one does so he is dangerous.

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#13 boldCmove

boldCmove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:28 AM

He sounds scary but looks so cute! lol. I'm sure he will make some nice burgers... I would like to try one, but I only know of one place with Bison and they are an hour away.

QUOTE (Silverdust Arabians @ Sep 21 2008, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those suckers can be pretty nasty! We have a neighbor here who has recently become the subject of "scrutiny". He worked his booty off putting up fence on his 10 acres this summer, we're thinking he's trying to keep his dogs in, or maybe he plans to get some goats or horses or something. T-posts with a wood 4x4 every 4 or 5 spots, 4 foot tall field fence, with a single hotwire strand across the top. We see him out there one day pulling up his corner bracing and posts, and re-setting them, and we can't figure out why because it just looks the same--maybe he was cementing them in or something. Then we hear he wants buffalo. Gee, good thing he cemented the corner posts.... HA! I tell you what, if any of those things gets onto my property, we'll be eating good for the next year! Seriously though, what the heck would you do? Try to halter it and lead it home?! biggrin.gif

You must have used a zoom lense for that one, he looks like he'd eat you! They are pretty cool looking though, massive and magnificent.

I would be scared if that was my neighbor. His fence doesn't sound sturdy enough for bison. We are working on a nice high tension fence with thick would posts, no t posts, just to use for a filly that does not respect fences and for a future stallion.

Posted Image

#14 Shan

Shan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

mmmmmm...burrrrrrgerrrrrrrrrrs

#15 Silverdust Arabians

Silverdust Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

OMG silverdust I can't imagine if your horses spotted them?!!!!!!!!??

I would be scared if that was my neighbor. His fence doesn't sound sturdy enough for bison. We are working on a nice high tension fence with thick would posts, no t posts, just to use for a filly that does not respect fences and for a future stallion.

yes, I have thought about it a lot since I heard! My horses, save for one or two, are all pretty laid back and are not spooky, so I think they'd be okay, but I do worry about the silly mare and the silly gelding... I think as long as they didn't end up ON my property, they'd be okay. But our perimeter fencing is basically the same thing, so if they went through that, they'd just as easily go through ours, so yes, we are concerned! He hasn't got any bison yet, but we're just waiting... There are several people around here with horses (Oddly, all have Arabs-Yay!), and kids, and I think the neighborhood would rally if it came down to it. But (and as much as I hate to say this) as dangerous as they can be, we'd have no qualms about protecting our place/horses if we had to. sad.gif
Rochelle

The Kids:
"Niki" DD Silver Nacomic (RF Kariim x DNA Silver Nugget)
"Noah" Kolognes Mr TNT (Kologne Witez BA x RF Sur Fire)
"Dinah" Muscelusive (MHR Muscateal x JF Elusive)
"Louie" SDR Muscadore (The Golden Sun x Muscelusive)

#16 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

He looks like he could use a trim, his hooves are a little long in front. Any volunteers? bigemo_harabe_net-01.gif

#17 Silverdust Arabians

Silverdust Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

I just had a random thought... Can you imagine having to carry around that head? My shoulders and neck are aching just thinking about it! Pass the advil...

LOL, I'm thinking the dogs are going to be enjoying those long hooves while the owners are enjoying their burgers!
Rochelle

The Kids:
"Niki" DD Silver Nacomic (RF Kariim x DNA Silver Nugget)
"Noah" Kolognes Mr TNT (Kologne Witez BA x RF Sur Fire)
"Dinah" Muscelusive (MHR Muscateal x JF Elusive)
"Louie" SDR Muscadore (The Golden Sun x Muscelusive)

#18 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:51 AM

Funny about the hooves but true. Around here you can order 1/8. 1/4 or 1/2 of a side of buffalo and have it processed just like beef.

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)