Photo
- - - - -

Big bad bison

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

This big dude will soon be buffalo burgers I think. The owners are not very happy with his attitude.

[attachment=27715:bison_1.jpg]

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#2 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

He's kinda gross looking

#3 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

LOL--What kind of attitude does a buffalo have? What can you really do with them? LOL

#4 EsKhemo

EsKhemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

He's cuuute! Probably pretty tasty too.

#5 SandStone

SandStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

These days they are but a symbol of America, but they once were essential for the American Indians survival. They used every part of the Buffalo, even the bones.

I think they are magnificent, and sturdy.

Our ancestors nearly wiped them out.

I've never had a Bison burger, but I have a co-worker who raises them. He has BIG fences!

Can you imagine what it must have been like to ride up over a ridge and see thousands of these grazing?!
"Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire."

SandStone Arabians ~ Black Al Khamsa Arabians
Posted Image

http://www.sandstonearabians.com/
Posted Image

http://www.hiredhanddesign.net/
Posted Image

#6 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

I agree Kay, really magnificant animals.

[attachment=27719:Bison_2.jpg]

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#7 mmfarabian

mmfarabian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

He is gorgeous! Great pictures, too! I had a bison burger the other day and it was fantastic. Hardly any grease and the taste was great. smile.gif
Cathy
My heart is in my horses, my horses are in my heart.

#8 deettah

deettah

deettah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

I am currently studying Native American Art History and they talk extensively about how important the Bison was to many Native tribes and how that came through in their art. I think they are facinating!

Hopeless and devoted to Rose, Akeem, Rosita, Graace and Junior

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#9 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

I mean what kind of personality do you look for in a bison? lol She said his owners didn't like his attitude.

#10 Silverdust Arabians

Silverdust Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

Those suckers can be pretty nasty! We have a neighbor here who has recently become the subject of "scrutiny". He worked his booty off putting up fence on his 10 acres this summer, we're thinking he's trying to keep his dogs in, or maybe he plans to get some goats or horses or something. T-posts with a wood 4x4 every 4 or 5 spots, 4 foot tall field fence, with a single hotwire strand across the top. We see him out there one day pulling up his corner bracing and posts, and re-setting them, and we can't figure out why because it just looks the same--maybe he was cementing them in or something. Then we hear he wants buffalo. Gee, good thing he cemented the corner posts.... HA! I tell you what, if any of those things gets onto my property, we'll be eating good for the next year! Seriously though, what the heck would you do? Try to halter it and lead it home?! biggrin.gif

You must have used a zoom lense for that one, he looks like he'd eat you! They are pretty cool looking though, massive and magnificent.
Rochelle

The Kids:
"Niki" DD Silver Nacomic (RF Kariim x DNA Silver Nugget)
"Noah" Kolognes Mr TNT (Kologne Witez BA x RF Sur Fire)
"Dinah" Muscelusive (MHR Muscateal x JF Elusive)
"Louie" SDR Muscadore (The Golden Sun x Muscelusive)