Photo
- - - - -

FIRST CYTE+

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

FIRST CYTE+

FIRST CYTE+ has a proven track record as a show horse and as a breeding stallion. His show record includes 6 National titles in halter: U.S. and Canadian National Champion Stallion, unanimous Canadian National Champion Futurity Colt, U.S. Reserve National Champion Stallion and Futurity Colt and U.S. Top Ten Sweepstakes Colt. As a sire, he has 36 champions midway through the 2008 show season, seven of them National winners, three of them National Champions: Canadian Top Ten Mare AOTH PR RED VELVET, U.S. and Canadian Top Ten Futurity Gelding, U.S. Top Ten Gelding JTH KATALYSTT(also a four time regional winner in hunt pleasure), Canadian Top Ten Futurity Filly HARLEQYIN, Canadian Top Ten Jackpot Colt EXCYTE LD, U.S. and Canadian Reserve National Champion Futurity Gelding and Canadian Top Ten Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse RELENTLYSS, U.S. National Champion Sweepstakes Filly, Canadian Reserve National Champion Futurity Filly and U.S. Top Ten Futurity Filly DRAMA QYEEN, and 2007 U.S. National Champion Sport Horse Stallion PA NYTE STAR. His other champions include regional halter winners ROL FIRST FANTASY, PARADOX VF (also a three time regional winner in country pleasure), CYRENO, CYTE TO SEE, PA EXCYTE (also a western pleasure junior horse champion), FIRST FLYTE (also a regional sporthorse under saddle winner), O MISS SCARLET, SONATEENA DH (who was exported to Denmark where she won the yearling class at the Danish National Show), RYNGLEADER, D M XANDRU (who has two regional wins in sport horse halter and a hunt pleasure junior horse champion), MORGEN LE FEY (Half-Arabian), AT FIRST CYTE (Half-Arabian), A PLAYER, CLEARLY KLASSIC, and SCF RHAPSODY. He has also sired halter champions AYRJORDAN, PYCTURESQUE, N CHANTING CYTE, JAZZZZ, BELLE STARR SMA, halter AOTH champion CHA O WHATA CYTE, reserve junior halter champion and western pleasure junior horse champion ALLUSYV SOUL, 2007 Scottsdale Reserve Champion Half-Arabian Stock/Hunter Mare AOTH NEED I SAY MORE, hunt pleasure junior horse reserve champion IM MOONLYTE LADY, multi-champion country pleasure LYMITED EDITION, 2007 Region 12 Champion First Level Dressage (and three other regional titles in dressage), hunt and western pleasure junior horse champion FADZ FIRST CYTE+, eight time regional winner in country pleasure, native costume and show hack JUSTAH CYTE MB, seven time regional winner in halter, western pleasure and hunt pleasure RD PRIMIERA VISTA, and multi-regional western pleasure champion STARCYTE. FIRST CYTE+ had 86 foals of showable age in 2008, giving him a champion percentage of 41% of his get old enough to show- a very good percentage as most nationally promoted stallions are in the 20-25% range.

FIRST CYTE+'s heritage is impeccable. There are 25 National winners and/or producers of National winners among the 30 horses in the first four generations of his pedigree. He has double lines to both *BASK++ and *SERAFIX, two of the breed's all time leading sires. He traces to four of the best U.S. National Champion Stallions: *BASK++, BAY ABI++, FAME VF+ and RAFFON++. He comes from a four generation line of mares who have produced National winners in halter.

FIRST CYTE+'s sire OUT OF CYTE is a Region 5 Champion Sweepstakes Colt and multi halter champion who was injured and was not campaigned as an adult. He has sired 13 purebred National winners through 2007. His other winners include Canadian National Champion Futurity Colt and U.S. Top Ten Futurity Colt ROL INTENCYTY, U.S. Top Ten Sweepstakes Filly and Canadian Top Ten Jackpot Filly ADF CYNTERFOLD, Canadian Top Ten Jackpot Filly ROL SNAPSHOT, Canadian Top Ten Futurity Geldings OUT OF PROMISES (also a U.S. Top Ten Hunt Pleasure JTR14-17 and JOTR 14-17 winner) and ROL NIGHT RIDER, Canadian Top Ten Futurity Colt and U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure Junior Horse and National winner sire OUT TIL MIDNIGHT, Canadian Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse and U.S. Top Ten English Sidesaddle SPECTACULAR CYTE, and Canadian National Champion Western Pleasure JOTR 13/Under, U.S. and Canadian Top Ten Western Pleasure Junior Horse and twice U.S. Top Ten Western Sidesaddle O WHATTA CYTE, U.S. Top Ten Hunt Pleasure Futurity ARDAMUS, Canadian Top Ten Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse and Hunt Pleasure AOTR 40/Over HIGH INTENCYTY, U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Gelding AUSPICYOUS+, and U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Mare and Sporthorse Under Saddle Junior Horse OUT OF THE MYST. The OUT OF CYTE son OUT TIL MIDNIGHT is the sire of 2006 U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Jackpot Gelding MIDNIGHT CLASSIC HF.

OUT OF CYTE is a full brother to 18 time National winner ROL CYLENCER+//, whose titles include four National Championships or Reserves in western pleasure and western sidesaddle. He is a paternal brother to 25 purebred National winners: Canadian National Champion Country Pleasure JOTR ROL FORECYTE+, four time National Dressage Champion HAJ KAZARI+//, ROL CYPRESS+// (who has four National titles in English pleasure and country pleasure), U.S. Top Ten Sweepstakes Filly and Canadian Top Ten Futurity Filly and National winner producer SOCYETY GIRL, ROL CYZZLE+/ (who has 5 National titles in native costume and country pleasure), U.S. Top Ten Stallion AOTH and Hunt Pleasure AOTR 40 and Over and National winner sire MM CYLENT FLYER++//, U.S. Reserve National Champion Country Pleasure JOTR 13/Under CYDE SHOW+/, ten time National winner in english pleasure and pleasure driving TOSK-A-FIRE, ten time National winner AZ CYANIDE (who has National Championships in western sidesaddle and western pleasure), CYLENCER+// (who has 7 National titles in hunt pleasure and show hack), Canadian Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse CYLENT FORCES+, U.S. Top Ten English Pleasure Futurity winners WRAPPED IN CYLK and SINGULARCYLECTION (dam of four times National winner in country pleasure ROL FIRECRACKER+), U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure Futurity ACF CYNAMIN SPICE, Canadian Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse and U.S. Top Ten Country Pleasure Junior Horse ROL EXCYPTIONAL, Canadian Top Ten Hunt Pleasure Junior Horse TWO-B-CYETTOGO, Canadian Top Ten Western Sidesaddle CYTY HEAT, Canadian Top Ten Hunt Pleasure AATR 40/Over and twice Top Ten Hunt Pleasure AOTR 40/Over ROL CYDUCTION+/, Canadian Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure JTR 13/Under and Top Ten Show Hack JTR EDWARD OF CYTE+//, U.S. Reserve National Champion Trail JOTR CYMPLY ROSES, ACF CYNABAR (four time National Champion or Reserve National Champion in western pleasure), nine time National winner POWER CYURGE (whose titles include Canadian Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure AOTR 40/Over), U.S. Reserve National Champion Hunt Pleasure and Canadian Top Ten Futurity Gelding CYTY SLICKER+, and 24 time National winner CYGN OF THE ZODIAC+//, who has 7 National Championships or Reserves in english pleasure and native costume. In addition to all of these National winners, OUT OF CYTE is a paternal brother to FANCI CYTE, dam of 2007 U.S. Top Ten Sporthorse Jackpot Filly VMA POPPY.

OUT OF CYTE is by CYTOSK+++/, U.S. Reserve National Champion English Pleasure and Top Ten Stallion. CYTOSK+++ is by MI TOSK++, a U.S. Top Ten Stallion and Park Horse, out of CYSTYR, dam of 4 champions and a daughter of U.S. Reserve National Champion Western Pleasure CYTARUS+. OUT OF CYTE's dam AMANDI has produced 4 champions including his full brothers, successful endurance horse MIDNIGHT CYTE and 14 time National winner ROL CYLENCER, Region 17 Top Five Stallion MIDNITE DANCERR, and halter champion MOONLIGHT BAI (dam of 2 champions). AMANDI is a paternal sister to Canadian National Champion Mare and U.S. Reserve National Champion Mare SONOMA LADY (dam of U.S. National Champion Senior Stallion and National Champion sire *DAKAR EL JAMAAL) and to Canadian Reserve National Champion Formal Driving FAD JORDGEE. She is a maternal sister to U.S. Top Ten Formal Driving and multi-regional park and halter champion JYS ROYAL GUARD++. She is a granddaughter of U.S. Top Ten Stallion and Park *KARADJORJDE+++, of U.S. National Champion Mare CHLOETTE++, and of *SERAFIX (to whom she has 2 lines), the all time leading Crabbet sire of champions.

FIRST CYTE+ is the only foal of his dam, Region 17 Champion Sweepstakes Filly and multi-junior halter champion ROL WILD FLOWER, who died the year he was born. She is a full sister to 1991 Region 17 Top Five Mare FAMES FLOWER, dam of 4 champions from 6 foals: multi-western pleasure champion and Region 7 Top Ten Sweepstakes Filly MY DREAMGIRL, 1998 Scottsdale Breeders Cup Second Place Colt and Region 17 Top Five Sweepstakes Colt AE WIZARD(exported to England), and multi-halter champion EF FOXCY LADY(dam of multi-blue ribbon halter winner MAJOR SHOWGIRL) and Canadian Top Ten Western Pleasure Junior Horse and U.S. Top Ten Western Pleasure AOTR 18-39 GYPCY WOMAN (both 3/4 blood sisters to FIRST CYTE+). ROL WILD FLOWER is a paternal sister to 83 National winners (including national champions in halter, dressage, hunt pleasure and western pleasure) and to 63 producers of National winners. She is a maternal sister to three time National winner in hunt pleasure ROL MOON DANCERR and halter reserve champion TOUCH OF CYLK (dam of Region 5 Reserve Champion Sporthorse Mare CRIMSON N CHROME). She is the daughter of U.S. National Champion Stallion FAME VF+ (whose daughters have produced U.S. National Junior Champion Stallions *MARWAN AL SHAQAB and LEGACY OF FAME). Her dam, junior halter champion and National winner producer ROL MOONFLOWER, is a full sister to 3 champions including Canadian National Champion Futurity Filly SCARLET MOON. ROL MOONFLOWER is a daughter of U.S. and Canadian Top Ten Stallion EL HILAL, the all-time leading Egyptian sire of champions. Her dam LAHANA, who produced 5 champions, is a granddaughter of National Champion producers GA'ZI, FARADINA, and *SILVER DRIFT. This is truly the heritage of a breeding stallion!

Please Visit: FIRST CYTE+
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#2 deettah

deettah

deettah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

Oooooh, I assume Donna has seen this! He is an amazing stallion and I encourage everyone to visit Donna's site at www.first-cyte.com and look at all of her stunning horses. First Cyte+ IMO is one of THE best stallions breeding today and I am suprised considering how many champion get he has produced that he isn't being used more. If I had a quality, registered mare to breed to him, I would be scrambling for a breeding!

Hopeless and devoted to Rose, Akeem, Rosita, Graace and Junior

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#3 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

Yes, Donna has seen this, and I am happy to give First Cyte+ the publicity he deserves. So many stallions are touted as leading sires (Baske Afire comes to mind-he had 10 National winners from over 700 get through 2007_ and yet when you do the percentages the ratio of winners is actually very low.

If I still had my Khemosabi granddaughter I'd be breeding her to First Cyte+-he has sired a Nat Ch Sporthorse and my mare is a Sporthorse Top Ten in halter. And I wish I could afford to import First Cyte+'s son Kyng Me to the UK-he is going to be a super halter and performance show horse for someone (if I had him he'd have a job hacking all over the gorgeous Northumberland countryside where I live).

I like showing people facts they didn't know or might not have realized. Not every stallion you see highly promoted is a good breeding risk....
</p>

#4 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

I have always loved this stallion! What a beautiful boy!

#5 Kristin

Kristin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

Great article Arlene. I did some reasearch on him a while ago and was very impressed with his bloodlines and hos foals show records. This article really sums up why I think he is such an impressive stallion.

I am breeding my multi regional CH and Nat TT halter and multi regional HP mare to him next year. I can not wait to see the results of this cross.

Kristin
"Ride like there is no tomorrow."

#6 greymoor

greymoor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:05 AM

Hi folks. I just wanted to add something here.

I am not writing this because Arlene likes my stallion (although I am thrilled that she does). I have used Arlene's services for more years than I care to remember. In this day and age, with the economy in the state it is in, I believe that breeders cannot afford to make mistakes. Whether you are buying or selling or selecting a stallion for your mare I am amazed that more people don't use Arlene's services before the fact. She is the best deal in town.

I think Arlene has ruffled a few feathers over the years. She "calls 'em as she sees 'em", and sometimes that is not too popular with people that have already made their minds up and then get an opinion they dislike. She also has the memory of an elephant, so it's pretty hard to pull the wool over her eyes. She's seen many of the stallions and has probably forgotten more about pedigrees than I will ever know (and I really work hard at it). The information contained in that brain has been invaluable for my breeding program.

Don't get me wrong- no one makes decisions for Greymoor Farm but me. Arlene, however, provides me with a wealth of knowledge that allows me to make the most informed decisions I can.

Donna Hentges
Donna Hentges
Greymoor Farm, Home of National Champions First Cyte+, Drama Qyeen and Euphoryia
and National Champion Producers Padrons Nike, Siver and Sable and Drama Qyeen

#7 LauraM

LauraM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Arlene Magid @ Sep 15 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST CYTE+

FIRST CYTE+ has a proven track record as a show horse and as a breeding stallion. His show record , U.S. and Canadian Reserve National Champion Futurity Gelding RELENTLYSS (who also has three regional championships or reserves in hunt pleasure junior horse), Please Visit: FIRST CYTE+

Just wanted to let you know that Relentlyss has added a Top Ten in Hunter Pleasure Jr horse in
Canada and we hope to add to his national credentials at USN after hopefully adding to his Fall Fest wins in a couple of weeks!

First Cyte is a great sire and a huggy bear of a horse!

Laura

#8 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for your addition, Laura. I will re-edit the article.

Please note that right now my horse work is very much a part time endeavor-I have not even finished putting parents on all the Canadian National winners yet, have done so on halter horses but have not gotten as far as the hunt and western horses yet. I work full time and I have a three hour daily commute roundtrip, and I just can't keep up with everything instantly as I did in the good old days when my research and writing was my sole income and life focus.

Glad he won in hunt pleasure and hope he continues to do well for you. Since he won a regional title when he was newly trained, the National title comes as no surprise to me.

Arlene
</p>

#9 LauraM

LauraM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

You are one busy lady Arlene!

After this year Renny will go back to halter for a year to compete in open and aaoth geldings and then back to performance. We may even try sport horse with him. He is so growthy that we think he will not be his best as a performance horse until he is 7 or 8.

Take care and get some rest lady.

Laura

#10 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (LauraM @ Sep 17 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are one busy lady Arlene!

After this year Renny will go back to halter for a year to compete in open and aaoth geldings and then back to performance. We may even try sport horse with him. He is so growthy that we think he will not be his best as a performance horse until he is 7 or 8.

Take care and get some rest lady.

Laura

Yes, I am a very busy lady but I like to be busy, keeps me young. And I have never needed a lot of sleep-5-6 hrs a night and some catchup on weekends occasionally does me. I take public transport to work and read on the buses so I get plenty of reading time in and can keep up with things I care about.

If Renny is not at his best yet he is sure going to be a National Champion in hunter later. Watch out NDL Pericles, your record as the winningest hunt division horse of all time may fall!

Arlene cool.gif

</p>