Photo
- - - - -

*CARMARGUE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#11 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (bekah @ Sep 26 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leo,

Who is the horse in your avatar? I'm in love, but I'm bias as I love good driving horses.

Bekah

Sorry...it has taken me a long time to catch up.

She is Bubbling Midnight Madness...by Champagne Fizz and out of Wedding Anniversary by WC Fine Harness Buck Rogers
She was about 4 years old in the picture. At the age of three she was California Futurity Champion 5 gaited...currently in foal to Santana's Charm

Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone

#12 Fairfax

Fairfax

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Bob @ Nov 24 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This article is, of course, another great read!! Well done Arlene!!

Leo(or Arlene), who is the Carmargue son you are referring to and where is he standing?

Hi Bob

He has been in England for many years. Sharon and her sister Sandra had him on the European circuit for quite some time. He has sired very well.

There is a Carmargue son in Alberta... Strathmore..just east of Calgary Drogheda Farms...they have Irish Pony hunters and they imported him from Sandra..to give some extra style and beauty. I spoke with Brian a couple of weeks ago and he said he was expecting the first purebred by him. I think he was foaled around 91

Nevada.. WSA Mysstique is by Carmargue and out of Myss Farahra Rose. She is by Mystr Classy by Classy McCoy and out of Snobelle and her dam is Tarah Rose by Fixeyn by Serafix out of Sr. Lady Tarah.

Leo

Collected my marbles...going...going.....gone

#13 ponygirl

ponygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

would be nice if someone could find pic's of the woderful horse who is the topic of this discussion
Sherry Cichocki
SLC Camelot Farms

#14 Dahabi Arabians

Dahabi Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (ponygirl @ Nov 24 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
would be nice if someone could find pic's of the woderful horse who is the topic of this discussion

Above: *Carmargue with Gari Dill-Marlow

Shannon Edney

www.PhotographyByShannon.us

www.MarketYourArabian.com

#15 lvhrses

lvhrses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Dahabi Arabians @ Nov 25 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Above: *Carmargue with Gari Dill-Marlow

The type of Arabian that hooked me for life! Carmargue gives me goosebumps!! Thank you Shannon!

#16 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Fairfax @ Nov 25 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bob

He has been in England for many years. Sharon and her sister Sandra had him on the European circuit for quite some time. He has sired very well.

There is a Carmargue son in Alberta... Strathmore..just east of Calgary Drogheda Farms...they have Irish Pony hunters and they imported him from Sandra..to give some extra style and beauty. I spoke with Brian a couple of weeks ago and he said he was expecting the first purebred by him. I think he was foaled around 91

Nevada.. WSA Mysstique is by Carmargue and out of Myss Farahra Rose. She is by Mystr Classy by Classy McCoy and out of Snobelle and her dam is Tarah Rose by Fixeyn by Serafix out of Sr. Lady Tarah.

Leo

Thanks Leo. He is a very well bred boy.

Time for a road trip maybe............

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#17 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the photos, Shannon!!

I may be a very good researcher and writer but I am technologically challenged-well, actually the reason I can't do photos is my husband controls our scanner and he is always on the computer and I hate asking him to scan horse photos when he is working. Hence I depend on the kindness of people with ready access to a scanner like you, Shannon. I'm looking forward to doing the writeup on your stallion in the new year!
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#18 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

I may be a very good researcher and writer but I am technologically challenged-well, actually the reason I can't do photos is my husband controls our scanner and he is always on the computer and I hate asking him to scan horse photos when he is working. Hence I depend on the kindness of people with ready access to a scanner like you, Shannon. I'm looking forward to doing the writeup on your stallion in the new year!
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#19 Dahabi Arabians

Dahabi Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Arlene Magid @ Nov 26 2008, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arlene,

It is my pleasure to post photos of this ethereal beauty!!!! Truly one of the breed's elite, in my opinion.

I am very anxious for your write-up on my boy as well!!!! The new year is just around the corner . . . : )

Kindly,
Shannon

Shannon Edney

www.PhotographyByShannon.us

www.MarketYourArabian.com

#20 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:26 PM

I always liked this horse. I wish that he had left some sires in this country that were similar in type to him. He was deep in the body, very short backed and very masculine while extremely pretty. Most of what I see that is descended from him are narrow bodied horses with no depth of girth. I guess he just wasn't bred right in the US so that his type would come through. Just my personal opinion as I liked him very much but finding the blood through a similar type horse with his attributes seems difficult.

Arlene, any idea why that seems to be.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey