23 replies to this topic

#1 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

I asked Dean to give us a place to talk about photography and a great place to post our pix to share, thanks Dean!!!

To keep this thread easy for all to view, try to keep photos under 1200 pixels on the longest side. Please post them under each other instead of side by side so we don't blow out the page width and have to use the scroll bar to see the photo.

Please post only photos you have taken and I reserve the right to delete any of questionable character-no offensive pix.

I love learning about photo programs and new techniques such as HDR photos so share software you use and like.

If anybody needs help with cropping or re-sizing let me know and I'll help if I can.

We can also share equipment tips and reviews.

So to all the great photogrpahers here on ABN, let's share tips that will help users of any skill level.

Mo

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#2 Donna S

Donna S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:My Horses, of course!! I also enjoy photography and playing around on the computer.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

Oh, what a wonderful idea.............can't wait to see how this area grows. I'm always looking for new ideas and tips. Thanks!

Whispering Hill Farm....where color is truly a bonus!
Posted Image

#3 deettah

deettah

deettah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

Great idea Stac!!

Hopeless and devoted to Rose, Akeem, Rosita, Graace and Junior

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#4 mmfarabian

mmfarabian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, western and dressage.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

Fantastic idea! I will share some of my beginner pictures here soon! smile.gif
Cathy
My heart is in my horses, my horses are in my heart.

#5 starlitefarms

starlitefarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • Interests:Breeding quality performance horses. Starlite Photography

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

wow i just found this thread. guess i will start posting my pics here then lol

Home of :

Kharizma SFA ( Da Valentino x Kha-sarra) 01 Bay gelding

Kha-sarra ( Khadraj NA x Basarra VV) 97 bay mare

Miss Fire SFA ( Hopes Afire x Chopinna Regina) 04 bay HA mare 

#6 arabianhorselover

arabianhorselover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy my horses and photograpy!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Here is a photo I have taken!

Attached Images

• hummingbird_07.jpg

Whisper Winds Arabians
Breeders of Straight Egyptian Arabians

Home of 2008 Region 9 Champion Mare SHIH and
2008 USEF Horse of the Year Reg. 9 Arabian Sport Horse Top 5
Party Favor
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Proudly standing the Stallions

Mon Amir BWA
Masada El Shahwan

#7 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

Great pix, I love hummingbirds but don't see them often around here.

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#8 blackpegasusarabianfarm

blackpegasusarabianfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests... Arabian horses being one of the first and foremost in my life. I also enjoy music a great deal, I play classical piano and I love to sing. I have been very into art my whole life, and I like to draw, paint and occasionally sculpt things, usually equine related. Another main interest of mine is photography, which is my current profession. Ask me about my pricing!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

Irene thank you so much for all the photo tips! I had always wondered how to get the background to blur like that, I love that effect!

You captured the Sonoma vineyard so beautifully, too, I just love driving in that area it is so pretty, especially in Fall!

Renée Safholm

Hunts Classic Polish Arabians

Home of Farenhyte (Algomej x Fellana by Bandos)
and Celzeus (Goliat x Candela by Etap)

#9 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses since 1977...Racing Arabian Horses

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Irene, I am so glad you are a photographer, if you were not we would have missed seeing what your creative eye sees. Wonderful, wonderful stuff, here and on you website! I can see wanting one of your picture just so I can look at your signature, it's beautiful!

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you

#10 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts
  • Interests:Arabian Horses since 1977...Racing Arabian Horses

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (deemcreative @ Sep 21 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Billie940,

Thanks for so much for your kind words. It is a joy and I am fortunate to have the time. I actually learned photography in a medical setting and photographed retinas, doing a master's in vascular immunobiology. I will show you a retina, they are exquisite, true miracles.

You are involved in racing, and tomorrow night Mistikal Marketing (Ashley Robinson and Alyssa Baird) are attending the National Sports Marketing Network meeting in San Francisco. I will post you if we find any sponsors interested in racing.

Do you know Helen Shelly from Sacramento CA? She has a race string.

Thanks again for your kind words, and it is my pleasure to share my favorite topic!

Here is a retina for you, the circle on the right is the optic nerve entering the retina at the back of the eye; the tracery is blood vessels. The dark center is where cones are located, the fovea. Cones are used for reading vision; this is the area where people get "macular degeneration." The photo is done through the dilated pupil of the eye, a flourescein dye is injected into the blood stream and photographed with a filter to see the circulation in the eye. This is a very important diagnostic test for diabetics, because there is no other way to identify early diabetic damage, when laser is most effective and preventing vision loss. More than you EVER wanted to know I am sure, but worthwhile information if you know anyone with diabetes. They need a dilated eye exam once a year.

OK. Enough blab from me. Some one else show theirs.

WOW!! that is awesome, and I do want the information, my sister has diabetes! I will cut and paste this and send it to her, she does take very good care of herself but I don't remember her telling me about this. Thank you.
The picture reminds me of the trip I just made to my eye doctor last week. I could see all those veins when he was looking in my eye. I had my eye start doing something strange as soon as I got back from Poland. My sister talked me into going in, but it turns out I have a place where the jell in my eye has collapsed, causing a pull on my retina, he was looking for a separation or tear. I felt like it was from so many hours at alttiude but the doctor said no. I still think it had something to do with it.
I know who Helen Shelly is. At the TABA sale in San Antonio this year she bought a horse I was bidding on, funny how that works...thought I wanted that horse now I can't remember who it was, it may have been Brush Hog.
"National Sports Marketing Network", I don't know what this is. But racing people are very interested in the new stallion I purchased in Poland, Gorec, and I have Lah Dee Dah, also a racing stallion, they are both going to be standing at Mandolynn Hill Farm here in North Texas.

Thanks again for all the information.
Billie

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you