Photo

CMK HORSES!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
163 replies to this topic

#11 ofirarab

ofirarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

I adore the Polish/CMK cross, I think it is the best cross for producing a total athlete who is also typey. Our foundation broodmare, RF Secret Love, is completely Al-Marah breeding on her dam's side so she goes back to a lot of CMK lines. Her dam is RF Royal Secret (AM Beau Triomphe x AM Royal Future, by *Royal Dominion).

One of our other mares is EK Vermilion, who is by Red Tape (*Bask x Naharin, by Delaharin) and out of Gwarlaana, who is by *Gwar and out of Kiss Me Kate who goes back to Rabiyas and some more CMK horses.

I really, really like the Polish/CMK cross...they seem to complement each other so well. I'm glad to see there are still some 100% or close to it CMK horses out there!

Lisa Morales

LHA Pandemonium (Barbary East x RF Secret Love) 2003 bay Arabian stallion
Proudly owned by Morales Arabians

Lisa Morales

#12 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

One of our other mares is EK Vermilion, who is by Red Tape (*Bask x Naharin, by Delaharin) and out of Gwarlaana, who is by *Gwar and out of Kiss Me Kate who goes back to Rabiyas and some more CMK horses.

Oops. That should be out of Delaharin by Naharin (you accidentally transposed the mare, Delaharin, and her sire, Naharin)

Red Tape's dam, Delaharin, was by Naharin and out of a Shirik daughter. Delaharin is a CMK horse. Interestingly, my mare Amira Farah's sire, Amir Farah was by Naharin and out of a Shirik daughter. Here are some photos of some of Amira Farah's CMK ancestors including Naharin and Shirik:

Amira Farah's ancestors

includes photos of Naharin
In addition to being her paternal grand-sire, Amira has two more lines to Naharin through her dam.

While I have chosen to concentrate on preserving CMK lines in my own program, I like the CMK/Polish crosses, too. As with any preservation bloodline group, one hopes to produce good horses for "outcrossing" as well as keeping a vital population of preservation bred horses.

Just for the sake of illustration (and because this is the CMK sub-forum), I will say that Amira Farah is probably the only living close descendant of the Culliton's Sun Shadows breeding program that is not outcrossed to Polish or other non-CMK lines (based on research on Datasource). Her '06 foal and the one she will deliver this summer are also bred within the CMK tradition, so I hope that there will be a legacy (however small) of that program within the CMK heritage.

Moving on to:

Our foundation broodmare, RF Secret Love, is completely Al-Marah breeding on her dam's side so she goes back to a lot of CMK lines. Her dam is RF Royal Secret (AM Beau Triomphe x AM Royal Future, by *Royal Dominion)

Ahh, the dam, RF Royal Secret, is linebred to Rissalix. No wonder you like her. I treasure the Rissalix blood in my herd. In fact, Amira Farah's first foal was by AM Ghost Ship, a Double R (Raffles/Rissalix) sire.

I have a superlative Beau T. daughter (her dam is *Silver Vanity crossed with an Alice Payne mare). Sadly, she is infertile and will leave no progeny in spite of my best efforts. She is turning into an extraordinary riding horse, though. I started her under saddle at 19 and she is blossoming as a dressage horse.
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#13 kasaj2000

kasaj2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:53 AM

Kaysa Jerry 72%CMK (for sale)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Zorras Caliente CMK/Polish (not sure of %)
Posted Image
Photos of her kids on her page at Caliente
Elmarees Al Shama CMK/Egyptian (not sure of %) (for sale)
Posted Image

I really do like the CMK lines, great working horses with easy going temperments.
Amber Fort
Posted Image

#14 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:47 PM

N H Raffer(Raffon x Ferlima) 1983 b stallion 64.62%
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Khemo dtr not sure % (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 b mare
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#15 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

Kellie, gorgeous horses!!!!! I would love to see more of your stallion! A Raffon son, wow! Raffon is one of my favorite Arabians!

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#16 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

this is epic aria If I recall shes high percentage cmk but cant remember how much
shes perlezon/khemosabi granddaughter
aria_trotting_look.jpg
aria_trotting.jpg
Shauna

Azure Arabians Home of HW Satin Prince

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :
National TT SHN Jackpot filly Satin Daisy

Regional top 5 SHIH mare ,
Scottsdale Top 5 SHIH gelding

www.montanaequineconnections.com

#17 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

This 3 year old filly's 5th dam is Rabiyat. I doubt that there is another mare (other than her full sister) that is walking around today of breeding age that has Rabiyat as a 5th dam. Her dam, Golden Poppy is 23 and has Rabiyat as her 4th dam and is still breeding.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

Attached Thumbnails

• horses040107062.jpg

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#18 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

I own 2 high percentage CMK horses.
Heritage Banker (AL-Marah Canadius++/ x Heritage Fleur) is about 91% CMK. His bloodlines include; *Ranix, Rissalix, El Magato, Indraff, double Ferseyn, and double Abu Farwa. He is a 27 yr. old stallion.

Zarphilio (Serphilo, a *Serafix son x heavy Raffles bred mare). She is 92.5% CMK, 7.5% Babson, and 100% American Foundation. Her bloodlines include; Imaraff, Indy, and Garaff.

Heritage Banker at age 27.
March2007109cvi_vi.jpg

Zarphilio at age 15
1Aug_2005013avi_vi.jpg
Northwind Arabians
Standing;
Ballience V (Allience+// x Balquenette V) Res Canadian Nat. Ch. Park and Res. Nat. Ch. Eng. Pleasure Jr Horse..

Owned by, Northwind Arabians

El Shuja Wahid (Norus x Naftula by Moniet El Sharaf) Straight Egyptian.
Owned by, Northwind Arabians

The Elixir (HI-Fashion Mreekh x Jaliya), Straight Egyptian. Canadian Nationals, and Scottsdale, Top 10 Stallion.
Owned by, Watson Arabians.

or visit our photo site of all our horses

#19 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

OUch stop twisting my arm to post pics of Raff..... heehee! I love my guy he's not your todays arabian but i just love him to death he is a really sweet stallion and easy to work with. Although he still has his times even at 24. I actually took some pics of him yesterday he's not all cleaned up like he was in the other pics he's just a pasture horse and that i don't take great pics but here he is

Kellie, gorgeous horses!!!!! I would love to see more of your stallion! A Raffon son, wow! Raffon is one of my favorite Arabians!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#20 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:58 AM

Here's mine he is 50% CMK, his mother was Joya ( Abu Farwa x Ferdith {Ferseyn x Ardith}). His sire was *Enos
( Witraz x Enorme ) . *Enos was a full brother to *Egeria and *Erystawi .

This was around age 7 with Lisa Waltman who showed him to many wins in EP AOTR & JOTR 1981-1983

Posted Image

Last summer on his 31st birthday

Posted Image

I showed him in everything - EP , CEP , Side Saddle , WP , Western Eq , Western Riding , Roadster US, Costume , Pairs and to 4th level . He also has countless miles of trail riding and taught my husband and nieces & nephews to ride . He was given to me by Lisa's mom in 1988 .